How do you like to personalize your living space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That explains why Mark was so pissed about getting that fake quarter.

Hey now its illegal to fake a quarter and it's in the possession of the police to take it to the next level and gets the feds to investigate that fake quarter!!!

A fake quarter is not a laughing matter by any means!!!

:roll:

:devil:

Ok, I want opinions...I have two couches that are dark blue. My walls are painted Earth color browns. I don't think they match but my husband does. I want to change all the paint...the majority of the walls, creamy bone white and an accent wall of light blue.

think that sounds good? Jiro, you have been to my house and you know how small it is and dark paint does not help with the size. It needs lighter color paint to make it seem bigger.

lol

try to go to ikea and look around at its showcases. I love what they show. gives me a lot of ideas but just don't go overboard with it. simplicity and minimalism are the best (IMO).....

I'd love to, but the closest IKEA is in Schamburg, IL, more than 40 miles away. There aren't any others around here but that one. If I were to buy furniture from there, I'd have to have it delivered, and I do not know how much it costs, but it can get expensive fast.

Ok, I want opinions...I have two couches that are dark blue. My walls are painted Earth color browns. I don't think they match but my husband does. I want to change all the paint...the majority of the walls, creamy bone white and an accent wall of light blue.

think that sounds good? Jiro, you have been to my house and you know how small it is and dark paint does not help with the size. It needs lighter color paint to make it seem bigger.

lol

I'm the last person to ask when it comes to color matching. When it comes to being fashionable.... I have to rely on fashionable people to tell me if it's right or wrong. I'm pretty much a monotone.

but one thing I do know is that brighter color in a house is always the best way to go especially for those who wants to feel more roomy and airy. you definitely should paint your wall with lighter color and get a couple of brighter living room lights. accent wall of light blue and white carpet? that sounds pretty roomy!

Typical asian household style is white walls, bright lights, and windows at sun-side view.

I'd love to, but the closest IKEA is in Schamburg, IL, more than 40 miles away. There aren't any others around here but that one. If I were to buy furniture from there, I'd have to have it delivered, and I do not know how much it costs, but it can get expensive fast.

If you cant afford furniture, how about building your own?

lol

Dove grey for the walls.

And tell your husband never brown with blue!

I'm the last person to ask when it comes to color matching. When it comes to being fashionable.... I have to rely on fashionable people to tell me if it's right or wrong. I'm pretty much a monotone.

but one thing I do know is that brighter color in a house is always the best way to go especially for those who wants to feel more roomy and airy. you definitely should paint your wall with lighter color and get a couple of brighter living room lights.

Typical asian household style is white walls, bright lights, and windows at sun-side view.

Ohhh. I am asking everyone about the coloring....

Just pointing out that u know how small my living room is. GRRR! Yea, brighter colors would make it seem bigger. :)

Dove grey for the walls.

And tell your husband never brown with blue!

:lol:

My bedroom is gray...it works with the purple bedspreads.

I am not sure if I am up for more gray. hmmmm

but one thing I do know is that brighter color in a house is always the best way to go especially for those who wants to feel more roomy and airy. you definitely should paint your wall with lighter color and get a couple of brighter living room lights. accent wall of light blue and white carpet? that sounds pretty roomy!

No white carpet with kids and dogs!

And I learned something new. I thought those were for businesses and hotels and stuff like that. :hmm:

nope. everything. an interior designer has a specific expertise.

my friend who slept over at my home last week is an interior designer for hotel lobby.

guess what, shel? he's deaf and he lives in Maryland.... or Virginia? I forget. I told him about you and he doesn't know you. perhaps I should bring him to the party this saturday????

lol

I say a really light brown, like sand, with an accent wall maybe not blue but a darker brown? and get throw pillows for the couch that match the paint, not the paint in the accent wall. I just don't like white paint lol, light paint yes, white no.

Hello!! My walls are white. So is the rest of the house. That gives me a clue about the previous owners of this house.

I say a really light brown, like sand, with an accent wall and get throw pillows for the couch that match the paint. I just don't like white paint lol, light paint yes, white no.

yea some people don't like white wall... cuz it reminds them of

6a00d8341ccc8253ef0133edd8346e970b-640wi.jpg

And I learned something new. I thought those were for businesses and hotels and stuff like that. :hmm:

Interior designing can be for homes. My dream job was to be an interior designer so I have a lot of knowledge in that field.

It can be range from staging (one simple room) to a full-fledged make-over of a building (office, hotel, and etc).

Hello!! My walls are white. So is the rest of the house. That gives me a clue about the previous owners of this house.

or it's just painted white by landlord because it's the easiest and safest color to go with for potential tenant.

I say a really light brown, like sand, with an accent wall and get throw pillows for the couch that match the paint. I just don't like white paint lol, light paint yes, white no.

I hate white paint too...I was thinking creamy white with a wall with an accent color...my couch and the accent color of desert brown is just not working out. Something doesn't seem right.

I hate white paint too...I was thinking creamy white with a wall with an accent color...my couch and the accent color of desert brown is just not working out. Something doesn't seem right.

you can always replace a couch or put some cloth on it or reupholster it.

As a rule of thumb...homeowners who want to sell their homes or landlords who want to rent...always paint either off white or white. NEVER paint the walls using bold colors when trying to sell or rent a place.

you can always replace a couch or put some cloth on it or reupholster it.

I tried the off white upolsoter....black dog hairs showed up in a not so pleasant way. with kids and animals in the house...furniture MUST be dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back