How do you like to personalize your living space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason for that. You see, I grew up in Southern IL without a lot of Deaf/HoH people to grow up with

Just because we're a bunch of deaf people doesn't make a big difference between any other forum with hearing people. If you go to other forums you'll have the same drama. We're just people who happen to have a disability and happen to like to share our experiences and comments.

tl;dr - just take a chill pill man and enjoy the ride :cool2:

Just because we're a bunch of deaf people doesn't make a big difference between any other forum with hearing people. If you go to other forums you'll have the same drama. We're just people who happen to have a disability and happen to like to share our experiences and comments.

tl;dr - just take a chill pill man and enjoy the ride :cool2:

That is what I am trying to do, but some people obviously don't like me or what I do, and that makes me uncomfortable, and I need to learn to shrug that off and move on, because I want to be likable.

That is what I am trying to do, but some people obviously don't like me or what I do, and that makes me uncomfortable, and I need to learn to shrug that off and move on, because I want to be likable.

Just be yourself. Use your creativity to decorate your living space and then share with us.

Just be yourself. Use your creativity to decorate your living space and then share with us.

For sure I will share how my living space looks. I just need to do some things, and then I'll be in good shape.

if you want to be likeable, then you need to learn how to do "haters gonna hate" walk.

if you want to be likeable, then you need to learn how to do "haters gonna hate" walk.

Easier said than done. However, I already do that around Chicago, so that shouldn't be too hard to do here. I just have to do it differently.

that's why I was able to clean/dust my entire bedroom in just 5 minutes with a swiffer. my entire apt is a hardwood floor. the way I decorated my apt... it felt very zen and simple. I had lot of closets. only one closet was enough to hold all of my clothes and rest were for both supplies and my gears. I really love that apt. I hope to find another apt just like that.

Oh I would love an apartment with hardwood floors! Every apartment I've ever lived in-- beige walls and beige carpets :P One of my favorites and more interesting one was in AZ- the closet normally in the bedroom was a walkin closet in the bathroom. Pretty nice didn't have to go far to get dressed once out of the shower lol. Next apartment though-- ground floor. I lived in a 3rd floor walk up for 5 years- good exercise but moving big stuff up there...and down.. ugh.

Well, I do! I ring my bicycle bell when I'm approaching a garage or an alley, as a warning to approaching cars, and the thing is, some of these are in residential areas, and IDGAF if they complain to the police or not for my being noisy-- safety is first on a bicycle, and the fact that garages and alleys are blind spots I can't see around.

Oh I would love an apartment with hardwood floors! Every apartment I've ever lived in-- beige walls and beige carpets :P One of my favorites and more interesting one was in AZ- the closet normally in the bedroom was a walkin closet in the bathroom. Pretty nice didn't have to go far to get dressed once out of the shower lol. Next apartment though-- ground floor. I lived in a 3rd floor walk up for 5 years- good exercise but moving big stuff up there...and down.. ugh.

Well, guess what? My living space has wooden floors. Most of the house has wooden floors, but a few rooms has carpet.

i-meant-to-do-that-o.gif

I am thinking of painting my living room soft white with an accent wall of medium blue to match my dark blue couches.

I like to spread my clothes around so that way I have quick access to them :D

then we would be not compatible as roommate as I am obsessive about having NOTHING scattered on the floor! :lol:

I like hardwood but I wouldn't want it, if your ceilings are high it's doubly bad. Just for acoustics, I hear much better in a room with carpeting and low ceilings. But I still rely on what little hearing I still have. If you're strictly ASL it wouldn't matter.

Mark how can you be 30 years old and not have personalize your space yet?

I like hardwood but I wouldn't want it, if your ceilings are high it's doubly bad. Just for acoustics, I hear much better in a room with carpeting and low ceilings. But I still rely on what little hearing I still have. If you're strictly ASL it wouldn't matter.

Mark how can you be 30 years old and not have personalize your space yet?

My friend who is almost 40 years old paid me to come to her home and personalize it as she had no idea how to do it. Some people just don't have the knack for it.

My best friend since I was a year old has no skills in that area and whenever I visit her, I cringe at her house. It has so much potential but totally wasted but I say nothing as she has never asked for my advice.

Got a point there.. never really noticed something like that in an apartment- or even here where in the living room the ceiling is....HIGH and my parents put in tiled floors- ceramic I think. Used to be part hardwood and part carpeting. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back