How do you like to personalize your living space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you cant afford furniture, how about building your own?

I'd love to, but truth be told? I'd probably get carried away. I need to stick with small furniture I can actually afford to buy, and bring home. I don't need larger stuff; just small stuff I can easily fit in here, that's all.

nope. everything. an interior designer has a specific expertise.

my friend who slept over at my home last week is an interior designer for hotel lobby.

guess what, shel? he's deaf and he lives in Maryland.... or Virginia? I forget. I told him about you and he doesn't know you. perhaps I should bring him to the party this saturday????

I am going to the party this Sat so I will see you and your friend! I cant wait! :D

I hate white paint too...I was thinking creamy white with a wall with an accent color...my couch and the accent color of desert brown is just not working out. Something doesn't seem right.

The white would probably look really good, me I like light blue and light brown together :) looks warm and soothing. White and blue is good for decorating beach houses :) but it's also very Nordic.

As a rule of thumb...homeowners who want to sell their homes or landlords who want to rent...always paint either off white or white. NEVER paint the walls using bold colors when trying to sell or rent a place.

Oh, okay. That actually makes sense now.

I'd love to, but truth be told? I'd probably get carried away. I need to stick with small furniture I can actually afford to buy, and bring home. I don't need larger stuff; just small stuff I can easily fit in here, that's all.

Look on Craiglist for people selling small furniture but pls pls pls check for bed bugs before hauling whatever u buy in your home.

That was what I did with the office chair...I hosed it down with icy cold water outside (It was a snowy day when my husband and I brought it home) before I brought it in the house

Interior designing can be for homes. My dream job was to be an interior designer so I have a lot of knowledge in that field.

It can be range from staging (one simple room) to a full-fledged make-over of a building (office, hotel, and etc).

This is good info for when I move into my own place sometime into the future.

This is good info for when I move into my own place sometime into the future.

If you want someone to do the designing for you, you would have to shell out bucks for it. A certified interior designer is not cheap unless you know someone who has a knack for it and loves it, then it would be cheaper.

Look on Craiglist for people selling small furniture but pls pls pls check for bed bugs before hauling whatever u buy in your home.

That was what I did with the office chair...I hosed it down with icy cold water outside (It was a snowy day when my husband and I brought it home) before I brought it in the house

Yes, of course. I do not intend to bring a bed bug infested piece of furniture inside this house, where it'll easily spread. I'd like to keep them out.

If you want someone to do the designing for you, you would have to shell out bucks for it. A certified interior designer is not cheap unless you know someone who has a knack for it and loves it, then it would be cheaper.

Yes, I know they're not cheap. That's why I need to figure out what I'd like to do with my personal space, and go from there. I'm not too shabby at setting up stuff to my liking, but I'd need a little more work, though.

Yes, I know they're not cheap. That's why I need to figure out what I'd like to do with my personal space, and go from there. I'm not too shabby at setting up stuff to my liking, but I'd need a little more work, though.

U can google and then click on images for ideas. I did for my blue couches ...I just typed "living space design ideas with blue couches" and presto...hundreds of pics came up and I just scrolled through them. U have several WiFi working so I am sure it wont be a problem.

I am going to the party this Sat so I will see you and your friend! I cant wait! :D

I'm bringing my Brooklyn friend but now that I think about it... 3 friends from DMV area are really a cool bunch to introduce to you guys. I'll have to ask the host if I can bring +3

U can google and then click on images for ideas. I did for my blue couches ...I just typed "living space design ideas with blue couches" and presto...hundreds of pics came up and I just scrolled through them. U have several WiFi working so I am sure it wont be a problem.

Hey!! Not a bad idea!! I like that!! I just might do that and find what I like. See if I find something I like.

I'm bringing my Brooklyn friend but now that I think about it... 3 friends from DMV area are really a cool bunch to introduce to you guys. I'll have to ask the host if I can bring +3

I am sure the host is FINE with it. He is a WONDEFUL dude! :lol:

I hate white paint too...I was thinking creamy white with a wall with an accent color...my couch and the accent color of desert brown is just not working out. Something doesn't seem right.

I hate white paint and I can't stand an all white kitchen , I like Off white or creamy white, my bedroom is a coral color , a nice warm color . I love southwestern designs and my Native American are photos hanging in my living room . I also have my turtle collections . My turtles are knick knack not real ones.

As a rule of thumb...homeowners who want to sell their homes or landlords who want to rent...always paint either off white or white. NEVER paint the walls using bold colors when trying to sell or rent a place.

I will have to paint my bedroom another color because it's a bold color , I will trying to move out my condo.

And I learned something new. I thought those were for businesses and hotels and stuff like that. :hmm:
No. It's for designing the interior of any occupied space, and that includes our homes.

I've decorated the interior of my home, the guest suite of our church, and staging for my neighbor's house (it sold in less than two weeks at close to asking price).

I will have to paint my bedroom another color because it's a bold color , I will trying to move out my condo.

If you want to sell your condo, always go with a neutral color which are white, off-white, and tan. No bold colors.

:lol:

My bedroom is gray...it works with the purple bedspreads.

I am not sure if I am up for more gray. hmmmm
Shades of tan and brown are complementary with blue.

A light sunny yellow could also look fresh with blue.

Depends on the shades of your colors.

Just adding some white can brighten a room, such as with crown molding, chair rails or other trims or accents.

Well, I have begun the process of better organizing my room. I have placed my TV, Blue-Ray with WiFi included, cable box, and laptop all in one place. My surge protector has room for a couple more plugs, but I am going to leave those open in case of an emergency. All my charging plugs are separate from my daily use stuff, because I don't want to overload my protector. I still need a desk, though, and I'll figure it out. For now, my older TV's and my other stuff will stay on the east side of my room. My electronics I use are in the southwest side of my room.

Well, I have begun the process of better organizing my room. I have placed my TV, Blue-Ray with WiFi included, cable box, and laptop all in one place. My surge protector has room for a couple more plugs, but I am going to leave those open in case of an emergency. All my charging plugs are separate from my daily use stuff, because I don't want to overload my protector. I still need a desk, though, and I'll figure it out. For now, my older TV's and my other stuff will stay on the east side of my room. My electronics I use are in the southwest side of my room.

that's quite a lot of electronic devices you have in one room. in my previous apt - the only electronic devices I had were laptop, printer, and desk lamp. rest is in living room. I certainly don't want my bedroom to be filled with electrical waves and such while I sleep :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back