health care passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in this bill..... You have no choice but to have health care.

Wrong. You do not have to have health care. You can choose not to go to the doctor. Then you will not be receiving health care.

Our Constitution is now officially dead.

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." -Thomas Jefferson

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." -Thomas Jefferson

Excellent and appropriate quote, Jiro.

I like d girls Jefferson quote better

I don't think you realize something. Nothing in this bill mandates you to receive health care.

Yes it does. It is now "required" to possess health insurance.

Even if you do not want to see a doctor (hence your play on words with health care)

I guess you get your bills paid don't you? What about everyone else? They get screwed.

Yes it does. It is now "required" to possess health insurance.

Even if you do not want to see a doctor (hence your play on words with health care)

It is required to have health insurance with some exceptions for particular groups. That still doesn't mandate you to receive health care.

No games at all. The claim was made that everyone will now have to get health care. That is a false statement.

Jillio certainly wouldn't want people to have no to low coverage on health insurance ... why not?

Is there something in it for $$$

The insurance companies are in it for the $$$. It doesn't affect me or my practice one way or the other.

Debtors prisons were outlawed before slavery - those that choose not to pay should not be fined and should not spend a day in jail.

The insurance companies are in it for the $$$. It doesn't affect me or my practice one way or the other.

No ... but now thatpeople are (wink) required to have health insurance, you get (wink) assurance you get paid (wink, wink).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back