HDTV Captioning: What You Should Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, test is done...

My HDTV don't support CC in HDMI, component (2x), DVI and VGA mode.

CC is only work on S-Video, composite and TV mode, that it.

I had done with switched to 480i for Xbox 360 with component cable then CC isn't work, also clicked CC button about 15 times and nothing to work.

My HDTV is new, it was maf date in early 2007.

CC can be carried through component cables as long it's in 480i.

Yes, component cables can carry 480i signals.

It's not supported on my HDTV for CC via component cable.

about "Real-Time" 3 line smooth that any News and Sport some HDTV vs DVR vs Set-box vs computer

only HDTV with ASTC is very smoorth than all not smooth
I don't know CableCard slot HDTV, Will smooth?

The cablecard for authorization to order to unlock the premium and PPV channels, for example:

if your kids in home, remove the cablecard will go down to G and PG and locked premium and ppv channels.

I have my renting Scienific Altanta digital cable box, doesn't need to use cablecard, I use password control on my digital box to block all adult/ppv/R/TV-MA channels when my family kids comes in.

My digital cable box have a CC settings I believe it's ON and I forgot where I can find a CC setting on my digital box. Digital channels support CC on my analog tv.

CC can be carried through component cables as long it's in 480i.

Yes, component cables can carry 480i signals.

like pacman and poweron said, my hdtv doesn't work with cc on component cable via dvd player. I checked the status and it said 480i.

explain that?

like pacman and poweron said, my hdtv doesn't work with cc on component cable via dvd player. I checked the status and it said 480i.

explain that?

Maybe not all TV displays can.

Maybe not all TV displays can.

I believe that more companies are remove the CC feature from component source for some reason that 480i isn't nessescary to display via component source but rather to display on composite and S-Video.

For those who cannot get analog CC via component cables using 480i, please provide brand and model number of your TV. I would like to check them out.

Generally speaking, TVs with built-in analog CC decoder should be able to display CC at 480i or lower. It should not matter what external players you are using like DVD players, cable or satellite boxes as long as the video signal is 480i or lower. I do not know why some of your TVs are not displaying analog CC via component cables and using 480i.

Digital CC is a totally different ball game. Banjo's blog gave an excellent description about digital CC.

Also, I don't mean to insult you but did you check whether DVD movies provide CC? Maybe there may be something wrong with CC from DVD disks. Try test them on your friend's player and HDTV.

Peter

Okay, yeah only 480i
Thank you

CC at 480p does NOT work with my DVD player. Only 480i works like you said.

I am sorry if I mislead you or my statement was not clear.

I have a three year old Samsung DVD player with component and DVI out. It was one of the first DVD player to offer DVI out at the time. I am at work so I don't know the model number.

Peter

"are you dumb?", you have PS3 and XBOX. they are KID!
they are DUMB!

Are you dumb? I said not ALL DVD players offers like that.

You don't own PS3 or Xbox 360, though... Both of systems aren't work via component cable for CC.

YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

ANY Cable and must 480i will work CC
480p or hight will not work CC

Now, test is done...

My HDTV don't support CC in HDMI, component (2x), DVI and VGA mode.

CC is only work on S-Video, composite and TV mode, that it.

I had done with switched to 480i for Xbox 360 with component cable then CC isn't work, also clicked CC button about 15 times and nothing to work.

My HDTV is new, it was maf date in early 2007.

YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

ANY Cable and must 480i will work CC
480p or hight will not work CC

HELL NO, My HDTV don't support CC source via component input, it doesn't give a option via menu.

It doesn't matters if it is 480i or 480p then CC isn't support this input on my HDTV.

SILENCE!

Let's not bicker about this. Just keep on discussing what's relevant to the subject. Not about who's a dumbass or not.

Thank you.

Your HDTV is LOUSY!
you need buy new HDTV, my hdtv is Sony KDL-46V2500 is WORK CC for 480i for any DVD Player reqruies 480i work... if some DVD Player have HDMI and need CC mean need swtich display mode "480i"

HELL NO, My HDTV don't support CC source via component input, it doesn't give a option via menu.

It doesn't matters if it is 480i or 480p then CC isn't support this input on my HDTV.

Thank you, I do care, please stop Pacman!

SILENCE!

Let's not bicker about this. Just keep on discussing what's relevant to the subject. Not about who's a dumbass or not.

Thank you.

No, NO... I not talk about kid, PG, G etc.. I talk about "Real-Time" CC for News / Sport... ASTC CC is very smooth like 30 to 60 FPS but other DVR, Set-up box, Media Center are not good smooth about 10 to 15 fps like blurry

I know about CableCard, but i never use it, I don't know CableCard insert slot on HDTV will very smooth ???

I have DVR, it is not smooth. about FPS 10! no good

The cablecard for authorization to order to unlock the premium and PPV channels, for example:

if your kids in home, remove the cablecard will go down to G and PG and locked premium and ppv channels.

I have my renting Scienific Altanta digital cable box, doesn't need to use cablecard, I use password control on my digital box to block all adult/ppv/R/TV-MA channels when my family kids comes in.

My digital cable box have a CC settings I believe it's ON and I forgot where I can find a CC setting on my digital box. Digital channels support CC on my analog tv.

Your HDTV is LOUSY!
you need buy new HDTV, my hdtv is Sony KDL-46V2500 is WORK CC for 480i for any DVD Player reqruies 480i work... if some DVD Player have HDMI and need CC mean need swtich display mode "480i"

Excuse me, Don't insult my HDTV.

Look at other members...

PowerON own Philips HDTV and CC source doesn't support via component input.

Sequioas own Olevia HDTV and CC source doesn't support via component input.

Now, I'm not alone since both of them have similar issue as mine.

Now, You have no idea about numerous of latest HDTV don't support CC source via component input since companies are remove it, also it wasn't require from FCC, only requirement are goes to composite or S-Video. You don't know about my HDTV and value is roughly $900 when back in early 2007 with NTSC, HDTV and QAM support, also 2 digital input, one HDMI and one DVI.

You don't need tell me to buy new HDTV, that's my fucking choice, also why does world need 480i then fuck to 480i.

Thank you, I do care, please stop Pacman!

It's applied to you.

I'm suggest that you need to shut up and quit insult my HDTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back