HDTV Captioning: What You Should Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, who says it's HDTV problem? Second, I am talking about component/HDMI cable that be using between HDTV/360/Bluray/HDDVD/HD digital cable with DIGITAL CC. It works on my brand new sony 60inch HDTV but it won't work on my dell 24inch HDTV and samsung 23inch HDTV.

P.S. who gives a fuck about non-progessive scan and progessive scan. No one wants to watch 480i or 480p, damn. I rather to watch either 1080i and 1080p formats.

Neither HD DVD and Blu-ray use closed captioning in most cases. They replaced it with SDH. However, Fox does list the CC symbol on their Blu-ray covers, so maybe that one will take advantage of the advanced mode of CC.

First of all, who says it's HDTV problem? Second, I am talking about component/HDMI cable that be using between HDTV/360/Bluray/HDDVD/HD digital cable with DIGITAL CC. It works on my brand new sony 60inch HDTV but it won't work on my dell 24inch HDTV and samsung 23inch HDTV.

P.S. who gives a fuck about non-progessive scan and progessive scan. No one wants to watch 480i or 480p, damn. I rather to watch either 1080i and 1080p formats.

Jeez, You are really peabrain.

DVD movies don't support digital CC, only analog, that is far what I know. You don't understand about what digital CC means, it's exclusive to programs that use antenna. For DVD movies, you are watch under analog CC, no kidding.

HDTV problem? GO re-read my post, you got damn wrong.

I had one of my friend that own Sony HDTV too and he use CC on non-progessive scan like 480i or 1080i then analog CC will accepted via component cable, too bad because you don't realize so enough.

FYI, DVD movies are support on EIA-608 only, not 708.

Neither HD DVD and Blu-ray use closed captioning in most cases. They replaced it with SDH. However, Fox does list the CC symbol on their Blu-ray covers, so maybe that one will take advantage of the advanced mode of CC.

Oh, that's true.

The cables itself has absolutely nothing to do with the CC signals. But it is the VIDEO INPUT that may be the source of the problem. Please read carefully next time.
NO SHIT!

Where do you think the cable goes to? Of course it's video in and out ports.

You're the pot calling the kettle black.

Ha ha ha, I do? what did I say? Am I missing something? Banjo. I do realize that its video input but it has nothing do with cables. I take my word back..

NO SHIT!

Where do you think the cable goes to? Of course it's video in and out ports.

I'm talking about video inputs, not the cables. Yes, there is a difference.

The cables only carry the signals from the device to the TV. That's all they do. They don't block any kind of information.

The video input modes are programmed. If I recall correctly, it is mandated that RCA/Component/S-Video video input modes offer CC as an option. However, they didn't mandate it with HDMI.

Ha ha ha, I do? what did I say? Am I missing something? Banjo. I do realize that its video input but it has nothing do with cables. I take my word back..

You told Pacman that he can't read... which is why I said you're the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm talking about video inputs, not the cables. Yes, there is a difference.

The cables only carry the signals from the device to the TV. That's all they do. They don't block any kind of information.

The video input modes are programmed. If I recall correctly, it is mandated that RCA/Component/S-Video video input modes offer CC as an option. However, they didn't mandate it with HDMI.
Thats what I was thinking exactly and realizeing that I was wrong. So I posted to take my words back.

Mod Note:

Thread's closed for now--posts may be edited or removed.

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back