Having perfect English....

Having perfect English does not make a person perfect! I had clients that had poor English and where also illiterates and I would rather had spend more time with them than some of my clients that had perfect English!

Nothing wrong with being prideful, imo unless he's trying to stir up problems. There are celebrities who are famous for their prideful (and some yet arrogant) personalities.

I like the fact that Jay Leno does not hide that he is dyslexia and so was JFK
and Albert Einsteins . To me being a prefect person would be very boring!
I can laugh at my mistake if I say something imperfect!

Having perfect English does not make a person perfect! I had clients that had poor English and where also illiterates and I would rather had spend more time with them than some of my clients that had perfect English!

We need to start paying more attention to WHAT is being said instead of HOW it is being said.

We need to start paying more attention to WHAT is being said instead of HOW it is being said.

I agree people thoughts can get lost in words , it is too easy to misjudge what a person means. I think we something all jump instead of standing back and trying to understand what being said.

Chocolate chip cookies for me, please. I get cookie for being good :). I can live without perfect English. Yes, I can!!!

memes-didnt-even-miss-a-beat.gif

where's my cookie?

I generally try to see more what's inside people and not focus on perfect English.

derek, The weird English seen with a lot of dhh kids is due to a lot of reasons. Being mainstreamed (ie they only got remedial instruction, instead of TOD instruction), the fact that both oral and ASLers can approach English as a second language, or who may not have great written language (very common with oral deafies)

Talking about who has good English and who doesnt is a very very sensitive subject in the Deaf community.

I would tread the waters carefully, if I were you.

Don't make me get out my red pencil!

:P

(Retired journalist and editor)

Wirelessly posted

I remember hokey pokey ice-cream! My favourite, Grummer, a NZ original.

thats right! whew at least some one got it, i was trying to tease the american but somehow slightly backfired lol

Back