Having perfect English....

Uh Oh.....

It means people can do bad things in relationship in general. Do things that they're not happy with. Maybe alienate friends, you know general stuffs in life. Some times apologizing works. Sometimes not.

Cool, thanks for the clarification but I still don't see the need for saying "ASL users", you're instigating something in that sentence unless it's a mistype.. You should correct it unless you really meant it.

nobody is perfect in English. Why... newspaper is on 8th grade level English

depends on which newspapers. Most local newspapers are between 4th grade to 6th grade.

More advanced newspapers like NY Times are at around 8th-9th grade.

depends on which newspapers. Most local newspapers are between 4th grade to 6th grade.

More advanced newspapers like NY Times are at around 8th-9th grade.

SO that explains the expensive price to read NY times as opposed to Chicago Tribune, right?

I understand what you are saying. maybe you are righ tthat youre the odd guy. :lol: Like this situation is not the first time for me to see like that. No they are not looking for fights or insulting but oversight theit worded style of telling. :)

Yes, I understand that you have the premonition that something may happen etc or he is looking to make fun of Deaf people for bad english and Deafs do not like that. It was apparent on Gallaudet campus that Deafies don't like being rubbed for their grammar.

I'm kind of factoring other things in my post.. Derek's a fairly new guy, we all know alldeaf needs more people around to talk with. My ultimatum is that I wanted to see more members stay around here, not disappear and quit because they got ridiculed.

naisho...
THAT!!! now you got it. :giggle:

I want physical evidence, not anecdotal. :P

It means people can do bad things in relationship in general. Do things that they're not happy with. Maybe alienate friends, you know general stuffs in life. Some times apologizing works. Sometimes not.

I thought we're talking about your perfect English? :dizzy:

Yes, I understand that you have the premonition that something may happen etc or he is looking to make fun of Deaf people for bad english and Deafs do not like that. It was apparent on Gallaudet campus that Deafies don't like being rubbed for their grammar.

I'm kind of factoring other things in my post.. Derek's a fairly new guy, we all know alldeaf needs more people around to talk with. My ultimatum is that I wanted to see more members stay around here, not disappear and quit because they got ridiculed.

I've been to Gallaudet only twice. NTID only once.

I suppose, I understand it can come off the wrong way. I guess I'm the odd man out in this topic. It didn't look to me like he was looking for a fight or insulting anyone or something... Lots of kids like to be prideful in what they can do (misjudged sometimes) but I am not going to rub it in their face...

He did spell something wrong though. Beowulf picked it out. :eek3:

No one said he was looking for a fight. In fact, I think he was very unaware of the offensive tone of his post. That is why I stated what I thought. So he would have the opportunity to learn that he was being offensive without intending to.:cool2:

I'm overeducated. I'm neither anal retentive enough nor obsessive/compulsive enough to demand perfect English. It is condesending and insulting to do so. Lighten up or you'll die early. :lol: Save your complusion for something more enjoyable, like collecting or computer games. :cool2:

I'm profoundly deaf, but I pride myself on using good English. My hearing girlfriend has told me that my English is great and so has many hearing people. I know many deaf people don't have perfect English. That is okay with me. My last deaf girlfriend didn't have good English skills. Yet, when I talk to people regardless of their English skills, I use perfect English. Just because other people use ASL grammer doesn't mean I have to use ASL grammer. What do you think?

hmmm.... I think your English is flawed.

See me after class.

Silly. no evidence at all. SORRY. lol ahh From my experience, being a student at Gallaudet campus that they didn't rub me for their better grammer. Nah. But when I was growing up, that I went to deaf school while others who went to either hearing school (alone), mainstreamed school they do comment about Englsih. We usually met at the deaf club during our middle school thru high school. Until the end of high school years, we "re"met again in the same school. They didn't say anything. :lol:

No one said he was looking for a fight. In fact, I think he was very unaware of the offensive tone of his post. That is why I stated what I thought. So he would have the opportunity to learn that he was being offensive without intending to.:cool2:

Got your perspective. Well, I'm still clueless as to why he mentioned ASL users specifically. Either it was just a fluke or his comprehension structure needs a little work. :wave:

But how does someone afford to live in NY? Some people have all the luck

because their English is so bad that they hired somebody to make them look smart and they got rich! clever!

Street Smart > Perfect English

Back