Gas price expect to soar again

DeafSCUBA98 said:
tweetybird.. u flying on northwest airlines? i'm wondering if they're having strike there too those mechanics?
yup i am going to northwest... :D it surprise!

My last post was this morning after saw gasoline price yesterday. (I ride with bicycle to town everyday).

$6.45 per gallon in Germany. (€1.40 = $1.73 per litre)

My hubby & I were on our way to town this morning with bicycles. We were speechless when we saw the gasoline prices. Yesterday was €1.40 ($1.73 per litre) NOW is €1.48 = $1.83 x 3.75 litres = $6.86 per gallon... :squint:

2.85 to 2.93 here yesterday for 87 octane....

Magatsu said:
Liebling:))), heh yeah. I do remember that you mentioned about it to several AD members in the past. Fortunately that transportation system in Sweden is incredible and flexible so higher gas prices does not matter to many of us. I met many friends (same as my age) who don't have the cars. They had ridiculed me for suggesting to get a car to make their life bit easier. Actually there is only one guy who I consider as good friend have two cars at his home. I'm sorry to hear that you had to postponed your trips :-/

I notice that more and more Europeans use bicycles than use cars. I ride with bicycle to town (3 miles from countryside where I live) everyday to get something what we need.

I also noticed that Europeans use small German cars like mini-mecredes, mini-Audi, VW bugs, smart, etc, too.

We have to do something change like this - we use train instead of car when we want to drive to somewhere for day trips because it´s cheapest to take train than use car.

I don´t drive anywhere outside of my area anymore but take train. I use train to meet my friend last Tuesday for shopping spree in Nürnberg... We use train more now. Depend on any good trains connections where we want to visit... If there´re bad connection then I have to take my car... I has to take car to travel 13 miles to work everyday and have bad bus/train connection. I´m not only one who do that.

Funny though, several of Swedes made a joke about Americans that there is huge obesity epidemic problem in America because they forget how to walk or ride the bicycle.

Yeah, I know... Swedish are not only one and first who say this but Europeans in different countries say the same things about this, too... We (Europeans) was like :ugh: when we saw Americans use cars mostly when there´re only 5 minutes walk... :ugh: We have some American neighbors around the village where we live... All what we saw is they drove all the time to NEXT street... I would NEVER drive to next street but walk or run or use bicycle to there which it´s only few minutes walk.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to postponed your trips :-/

Don´t worry. We know that we will alway go next time. Switerzland/Republic Czech. are not far from my area - we will alway go there anytime. The year of 2005/6 is no good for me because I paid court, lawyer fee etc and again then will have to pay oil to fill my tank for heating in my house soon... then alot of bills to go... I beleive that latest of 2006 to 2007 will be okay....

We will make outing trip with our friends with families this saturday to amusement park. We take bus (coach) and leave our car alone... We are looking forward to it. :D

sequoias said:
already has hit $4 per gallon in many places, including Atlanta.

www.atlantagasprices.com

yup... that is correct... some are over 5 dollars per gal somewhere in small town beside Atlanta. some were fighting bec some broke in the line. very tense at every gas station right now... because we are short of gas since two main pipelines were damaged in new orleans. these pipelines carried the gas from new orleans to atlanta through alabama and mississppi.

btw this morning i filled up the tank - 2.89 per gal.

DeafBiker4JC said:
..... I just left Atlanta I didnt see no $6 proof plz :-P

yes there were some over $5 per gal. i believe it is illegal. that is why the governor set up a ph nbr for any one to report the state if any gas station goes over 5 or 6.

I am so flabbergasted this morning !! :jaw: It is $3.29

I was told, the gasoline will be going up $4.00 in November. I may steal Pee Wee's bike to work every morning and evening.

Now it is MINE !!

bikeone.JPG

peewee_and_his_bike.jpg

TweetyBird said:
yup i am going to northwest... :D it surprise!
:eek: so you're flying an airplane without a professional mechanic to fix 1 small problem :eek: cuz northwest mechanics are on strike! and they're still flying even if there's 1 small problem

I was looking at the first page and im like, $1.67 for gas? WTF are u complaining for! And then I saw it was from 2003.. oops..

Well our gas price yesterday was $2.99, I haven't looked today. I do not own a car, I take the city bus, and right now I'm super glad I do. My mom's going out of town for a week and she's leaving her car with me. The only reason i'll use the car is to go to work or something, and feed her pets. But no joyriding for this poor college student. :)

DeafSCUBA98 said:
:eek: so you're flying an airplane without a professional mechanic to fix 1 small problem :eek: cuz northwest mechanics are on strike! and they're still flying even if there's 1 small problem
yup i heard abt that... so wait and see what happen

I havnt been to the gas station today but yesterday morning here (in NY) it was $3.19, and by the night time it was $3.36, with the expectation to reach $4 by the weekend...and thats for the cheapo gas!! I cant even afford to drive to work, this is pathetic.

I went to pick my children and their friends up at outdoor swimming pool few minutes ago and was drove past and check the gasoline price again.... €1.52 per litre :eek2:

It goes raise twice a day today... :eek2:

Yesterday was €1.40 and then this morning €1.48 and then now evening at 7.00 pm €1.52... :(

Yea!!! I couldn't believe my own eyes, the rising cost of gas is the FASTEST, and HIGHEST PERCENT increases I ever seen in the last 35 years! This is unreal, but now we are at where it should cost this much if going within inflation. So, if it goes a quarter or more THEN its FUNKED UP, and BAD! I do HAVE one big concern, once the gas price goes up, everything else will follow. Especially that many of stuffs we buy is imported and without any doubts, they ARE GOING TO GO UP! Whats more, many companies are now considering forget about China and come back here! So, hope more jobs coming back here.

diehardbiker65 said:
Yea!!! I couldn't believe my own eyes, the rising cost of gas is the FASTEST, and HIGHEST PERCENT increases I ever seen in the last 35 years! This is unreal, but now we are at where it should cost this much if going within inflation. So, if it goes a quarter or more THEN its FUNKED UP, and BAD! I do HAVE one big concern, once the gas price goes up, everything else will follow. Especially that many of stuffs we buy is imported and without any doubts, they ARE GOING TO GO UP! Whats more, many companies are now considering forget about China and come back here! So, hope more jobs coming back here.

You still gonna to shop at Wal-mart?

I went by a place selling for 2.97/gal today and the lines were PATHETIC! I see between $3.10 and $3.31 /gal here just south of Albany. One thing about NY is that their gasoline tax is a percentage, so when the price of gas goes up, so does the taxes!! That is good for the state because as the price goes up and people use less, then the state makes about the same, but bad for the consumer because it inflates the price even more. I heard California is losing alot of money in Gas Tax because people are just using less gas and buying more economic vehicles.

Liebling:))), yep. That is about the same as for Swedes. Many of them used the small cars as well. Mostly european cars. I am planning to sell my jeep before I gone to Sweden because I want to buy SAAB or whatever that my friends would suggest me to get. There are fourteen women co-workers of mine who are working at ristorante, all of them used the bicycles or public transportation to go anywhere.

I also am thrilling that house prices in Sweden is very reasonable compared to America's so it helps somehow and I am able to afford to buy a car for me & Nas without loans or monthly payments. Loans or monthly payments are utterly headache-like (imho).

Good luck with other things that you are going through... ;)

mld4ds said:
You still gonna to shop at Wal-mart?
Rofl. Good one.

Back