First appointment

Yes you have to remove body pierces.. before you go in MRI.. because of magnetic it will mess you up... i had to remove them before many times..
she is going for CT Scan not MRI :D

True, but she should check with them about removing her jewelry. Metal can interfere with the clarity of the CT scan.
Yes even though I had a jean which has some metals (zipper, rivet etc) but CT Scan for cochlear doesn't scan whole body though.. . :D (I been there :D )

True, but she should check with them about removing her jewelry. Metal can interfere with the clarity of the CT scan.

They emailed me again and they said that I do have to remove my jewelry for the duration of the CT Scan. I will have them loosened this weekend at a body piercing shop so I can easily take them out right before the scan and then put them back in afterwards.

They emailed me again and they said that I do have to remove my jewelry for the duration of the CT Scan. I will have them loosened this weekend at a body piercing shop so I can easily take them out right before the scan and then put them back in afterwards.
That's normal response like "remove jewelry" regardless of what it is or where eh but amazing they don't tell me to take my pant off eh.. (metal zipper eh. LOL ) *shrug*

I got another email from the clinic. They said they would provide transportation to get to the CT Scan at their own expense. Awesome!

:applause:

That is really good of them. It's really nice to hear stories of good customer care.

Well my CT Scan is tomorrow, so wish me good luck!!! I am anxious!

I went to a body piercing shop today and got my metal jewelry replaced with arcylic jewelry so I wouldn't have to worry about the holes closing up. The lady at the shop was so nice and gave me a barbell and a curved barbell for $10 and she replaced them for me, as I could not unscrew my metal jewelry balls to get them out, the guy that did my tongue screwed the ball on very tight! As soon as I get home from the CT Scan I will be putting my metal jewelry back in as I do not like the arcylic ones very much, they are just temporary!

Will let y'all know how it went!:fingersx:

I am back from the clinic. I guess things went fine, but will know tomorrow when I have the evaluation and meet with the doc. :)

I have my first appointment on Sept 5th to see about getting CIs. What should I expect, and are there questions that I should be asking?

Damn, I'm anxious! :hyper:

No anti-CI bullshit, please.
I WANT KNEW YOU HAVE PROBLEM SINNER SHIT LOL SHE SAID THAT I'm not just crazy, I'm very disturbed...

I'm getting ready to leave the house and go to my evaluation and doc appts...PLEASE keep y'all fingers crossed for me...think good thoughts...etc.

Damn, I'm nervous! :hyper: :run:

Will let y'all know how it went when I get home!

I don't want to take anything away from Lucia's thread, so I will just say this for now. Thanks for your concern... but my daughter already attends a school for the deaf. She has been wearing hearing aids for 3 months with little to no benefit. We have done our research, and whatever decision we decide on we feel will be the best for our daughter.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but like R2D2 said things are different now. Attitudes are changing towards CI's.

Thanks

:gpost:
(by the way, your little girl is a real cutie!)

Back