First appointment

I have to say that so far since my mapping session earlier today, I have been quite pleased with how things are sounding so far, I'm hearing music pretty well on both my computer speakers and on my MP3 player. I'm hearing things that I have not been hearing the last two weeks, and music no longer sounds muffled, I no longer have to crank up the volume on both my CI and/or on the speakers or the MP3 player. I can actually leave them on pretty low so now I do not have to worry about disturbing the neighbors. I can hear myself typing. I am happy to have my sensitivity back, because I really needed it! And just now I realized I can hear the plastic crinkling which I hadn't been able to hear for the last two weeks or so. I'm glad to have my sounds back! LOL! :D

I got denied by Medicare and Medicaid. Texas VR is not part of the CI planning. Where else should I seek out for financial assistance?

Really? My Freedoms processors and the the implant and surgery and hospital expenses was paid for in full by medicaid and medicare, I have not seen a bill from them in three years. And I have heard of VR covering CIs too but I don't know for sure. I am not sure where you can go. And I see in your avatar area that you are in Colorado so I am not sure how that would work out.

Lucia, I'm so happy for you. I hope that the results keep getting better and better!

I've been thinking about going for a second CI, going bilateral. But I highly doubt that Medicare and Medicaid will cover the second one. So if anyone has suggestions of how to convince Medicare and Medicaid to cover the second CI or how to get other funding for the 2nd CI, go ahead and post in here.

I've been wanting sound localization and I think music and sounds will sound much richer and fuller with being bilateral. I feel a bit funny with one sided hearing even though it is very good, I can hear at average of about 24db right now. I'd like to have stereo sound. I believe it'd help me with environmental sounds, finding sounds that is not in my line of sight, etc. I think I would benefit greatly from two CIs compared to one CI.

Please, no negative posts or negative bullshit. Thank you.

I would grab every opportunity to go bilateral.... Good Luck.

I wish UK would allow UK adults to have 2nd implant. NHS or private insurance doesn't cover.

I've been thinking about going for a second CI, going bilateral. But I highly doubt that Medicare and Medicaid will cover the second one. So if anyone has suggestions of how to convince Medicare and Medicaid to cover the second CI or how to get other funding for the 2nd CI, go ahead and post in here.

I've been wanting sound localization and I think music and sounds will sound much richer and fuller with being bilateral. I feel a bit funny with one sided hearing even though it is very good, I can hear at average of about 24db right now. I'd like to have stereo sound. I believe it'd help me with environmental sounds, finding sounds that is not in my line of sight, etc. I think I would benefit greatly from two CIs compared to one CI.

Please, no negative posts or negative bullshit. Thank you.

Go for it.

try contacting medicare/medicaid and see if they would cover a second. if they say no, get the CI center or CI manufacturer to help you appeal. couldn't hurt to ask.

Back