Feedback & Suggestions for Religion forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to my initial suggestion, I would really like to see spiritual topics taken out of the debate section. Not every topic of religious or spiritual nature is intended to be a debate. In the past, there were threads in the religion sub-section for favorite hymns and inspirational testimonies. Why should those be posted as "debates"?

Posting spiritual topics under "debates" is like sticking a bullseye target "smilie" on them right at the start. It's almost a dare to "come on, come on, attack my post!"

My Suggestion ....

Keep religious forum open!:)

Because....

Religious threads that good education for people to read.

If we do want to remove religion forum forever….. Something powerful up the sky, God or Spirit looked at us alike devil :evil:...*** Just Joking!:giggle:

On the other hand, God or other may not there..... Anyway…

I want to tell you how I felt. Every time, I come to enter here alldeaf and click new post. I see that Always Forum with religious posts Soo I felt that I am in religious forum everyday? Huh? :squint:

Yuck!

I rather religious do not enter the "new post". I do mind to somewhere click on religious and read threads sometime ONLY on Sunday morning. :giggle:

PEACE!!

Remind If true business there God or other.. Love all of us and no matter what ' religious ... :thumb:

:werd: with She90 too ;)

:( thought i posted 2 or 3 times in here and I don't see my post anywhere.. did I say anything wrong?

Would it be possible to have a "Spiritual Beliefs" sub-forum under "General Chat" instead of under "Debates"?

I agreed when Reba first suggested the point, but I guess not specificlly or strongly enough. It's true: to continue listing religion as a debate topic certainly invites further squabbles.

I also agree we should avoid a list of religion factions, as some will be ommited no matter how long the list.

I've also seen illogical lists, such as "Christian, Catholic, and Mormon," when in fact they're all Christian churches, and one is a nickname for the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So avoiding a list may help foster a more ecumenical subforum.

Apparantly those against the religion subforum don't care about others' beliefs. That's nothing new. And they won't care . . . until someone wants to close their own favorite.

I want to add my 2 cent.

Frankly, I've shared my experience of the forums before, but not too severe like this. Religion or not, it will always lead to the arguments no matter what. It is only an internet! Moderators do not have time to monitor the active threads because they are busy with their lives in the real world. Let's give them applause for their hard works to handle the situations like this. A sub-form should be created under the general chat to discuss lightly and heartily. Spiritual beliefs would be suitable, perhaps these words such as non-denominational, denominational and philosophy could be used as well. There is nothing wrong with creating a religion forum, but the rules are spontaneous and ineffective

Going back to my initial suggestion, I would really like to see spiritual topics taken out of the debate section. Not every topic of religious or spiritual nature is intended to be a debate. In the past, there were threads in the religion sub-section for favorite hymns and inspirational testimonies. Why should those be posted as "debates"?

Posting spiritual topics under "debates" is like sticking a bullseye target "smilie" on them right at the start. It's almost a dare to "come on, come on, attack my post!"

Exactly...

...Apparantly those against the religion subforum don't care about others' beliefs. That's nothing new. And they won't care . . . until someone wants to close their own favorite.
That reminds me:

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- Martin Niemoeller

I agreed when Reba first suggested the point, but I guess not specificlly or strongly enough. It's true: to continue listing religion as a debate topic certainly invites further squabbles.

I also agree we should avoid a list of religion factions, as some will be ommited no matter how long the list.

I've also seen illogical lists, such as "Christian, Catholic, and Mormon," when in fact they're all Christian churches, and one is a nickname for the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So avoiding a list may help foster a more ecumenical subforum.

Apparantly those against the religion subforum don't care about others' beliefs. That's nothing new. And they won't care . . . until someone wants to close their own favorite.[/QUOTE]

True...I dont care for the religion subforum but I had to think how I would feel if the Deaf Education subforum was closed for the same reason. I would hate that. :)

That reminds me:

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- Martin Niemoeller

:gpost:

Reba...you ROCK! :rockon:

True...I dont care for the religion subforum but I had to think how I would feel if the Deaf Education subforum was closed for the same reason. I would hate that. :)

Very true - good point. I can see some people feel down when religion forum lock.

If religion forum is lock then they should also lock debate and CI forum as well because they all are very senstive forums. As long as we handle our debate in positive way.

Recently I returned back to the AllDeaf forum after more than a year being away from it. I didn't know why the religion thread was all locked down till I find this thread so I got the general idea as why it was closed down for a while.

It's rather understandable as why it was closed down - too sensitive subject for the public forum sometime. But last time back then we noticed only a handful of few posters were way out of respect like insulting and etc.

I have seen a few who did esp one guy who did too much shame of himself and notice that he didn't return or post any more which I really think that's good riddance... we don't need him doing that all the times. I don't know as if he was banned already or not... not my business, ofc.

But I feel that it's wrong to close them down based on those few ones. Those few ones should be banned from the AllDeaf forum which it amazed no mods or Alex took the action to do so. It's rather doable to reduce outrageous posters and make the place more pleasure in the general.

Yup, I can only imagine how painful it took them to lock and watch them too often - too much for them the way they did back then. It became out of control.

So I agree with most posters in this thread that we could improve and make it more pleasure for the members to read or share comments.

Anyone who doesn't want to bother the religion section, simply ignore just like I ignore and never read those like gays/lesbians and any silly posts so it's simply why I don't bother to read and share any comment(s) toward them. I know how it goes out in the public forums.

I think I would recommend to give it another chance... but suggest to control it even more by allowing members only who submit more than 100 posts before qualify to share any comment in the religion forum plus who had no history of problems or insulting like that. Also suggest to separate the religion forum out of the Debates forum which would be easier.

Also prohibit or ban any member who create any insulting or un-respectful post(s) from this forum after their second warning. I strongly believe that it could be done like that or something close. Leave that up to Alex and the mods while look for a certain mod to control the religion section.

The religion is very important part of people's lives to learn and share about God regardless what they believe. So I only hope that it wouldn't be removed forever.

I could understand that it's being suspended for a while to "cool off" which isn't a problem to me and others, but it's already 4 months passing by. I think it's about time to do something about it by now or real soon, hopefully.

Oh, in the general other than the religion part, I do notice that in the general it improves and less insulting or rude comments unlike it did in the past. That's good to see like that but we acknowledge that there will be some goofs coming in, but let's hope to reduce by banning them like other forum mods doing. Good job, mods and Alex!

Let's work it out and give it another and last chance to see if it goes smooth or not. Thanks for reading my little long post (sorry lol) and hope to see it to continue being discussed from now on. ;)

It would be a better off to not discuss about religion. It effects too much burden on the moderators and Alex. It is the best to keep this site in peace.

Yep, I have to agree with that,, because religions is a personal issue for some people that take it too far and cause a outbreak of war and fights. I would have to agree with you on this that it is way to much of a burden. It best to keep the peace and dump the religions topics to stay closed.

Yep, I have to agree with that,, because religions is a personal issue for some people that take it too far and cause a outbreak of war and fights. I would have to agree with you on this that it is way to much of a burden. It best to keep the peace and dump the religions topics to stay closed.

I second that!

Web730 - I agreed with you: "Anyone who doesn't want to bother the religion section, simply ignore just like I ignore and never read those like gays/lesbians and any silly posts so it's simply why I don't bother to read and share any comment(s) toward them. I know how it goes out in the public forums."

I hate when AD'ers "feel" they have to listen in. Really, they don't have to! They can just ignore this section, like I don't bother to visit CI debates & threads very much. How come it's fair when CI debates/threads stay open while the religion seaction closed? Totally unfair... :(

:dunno2:
Since many AD'ers want Religion section to be removed off (or stay closed forever) here and keep members shut up about God, Jesus, and all religions. I want to discuss something without debates because I know how to handle my threads like what I did a long while ago. I enjoyed so much with AD'ers about religions... Too bad, they simply took my freedom of speech because they merely hate Religion section and wish it stay close forever... :(

They did celebrate when religion section was closed! What a disrepectful comment ever I read! :mad::(

:shrugs: I really want to say something to discuss and/or chat with, :ugh3: too bad I can't... I always chat on other websites than this, so I can say something about religions. After Religion section closed, I began to not post so many comments anywhere else here than before... Because... religions are my top interest and am really enjoy it...

:gpost: KarissaMann05 and Web30,

There´re heat debate at CI threads. I made a lot of posts there before and decide to not post there anymore. It´s my choice... why can´t they do the same instead of take our POV personally when we feel free to express our POV and history? Oh well...

Yes, I agree that religion forum should not shut down...

:gpost: KarissaMann05 and Web30,

There´re heat debate at CI threads. I made a lot of posts there before and decide to not post there anymore. It´s my choice... why can´t they do the same instead of take our POV personally when we feel free to express our POV and history? Oh well...

Yes, I agree that religion forum should not shut down...

:ty: Liebling
Yeah, I wonder the same thing too... =/

:gpost: Exactly how I do feeling. I am christian. I love to discuss with people who believe in god and Jesus. I didn't understand why religion threads closed. It's not disrespect. I am very disappoint. I can't talk about god and Jesus if I want to share people for my experience and eyewitness. I wish for people to respect everyone's religion belief. Some people don't know God or Jesus. Then they don't have to posts anyway. If people do believe in God and Jesus and can post for their experience with heal and eyewitness. I don't like to be war with other religion cause closed the thread. I think it's disrespect. (sighing)

Web730 - I agreed with you: "Anyone who doesn't want to bother the religion section, simply ignore just like I ignore and never read those like gays/lesbians and any silly posts so it's simply why I don't bother to read and share any comment(s) toward them. I know how it goes out in the public forums."

I hate when AD'ers "feel" they have to listen in. Really, they don't have to! They can just ignore this section, like I don't bother to visit CI debates & threads very much. How come it's fair when CI debates/threads stay open while the religion seaction closed? Totally unfair... :(

:dunno2:
Since many AD'ers want Religion section to be removed off (or stay closed forever) here and keep members shut up about God, Jesus, and all religions. I want to discuss something without debates because I know how to handle my threads like what I did a long while ago. I enjoyed so much with AD'ers about religions... Too bad, they simply took my freedom of speech because they merely hate Religion section and wish it stay close forever... :(

They did celebrate when religion section was closed! What a disrepectful comment ever I read! :mad::(

:shrugs: I really want to say something to discuss and/or chat with, :ugh3: too bad I can't... I always chat on other websites than this, so I can say something about religions. After Religion section closed, I began to not post so many comments anywhere else here than before... Because... religions are my top interest and am really enjoy it...

:gpost: I can't understand why they are still open for gay/lesbian forum. The people who is anti-gay marriage or anti-abortion, or anti-CI. It's same with anti-religion. I can't understand why religion closed. It's not fair! When i joined to AD last April. I was talking about religion at other thread. They warned me if I talk about religion. They will ban me. I was alike huh? I was innocent. I think it's disrespect!

Recently I returned back to the AllDeaf forum after more than a year being away from it. I didn't know why the religion thread was all locked down till I find this thread so I got the general idea as why it was closed down for a while.

It's rather understandable as why it was closed down - too sensitive subject for the public forum sometime. But last time back then we noticed only a handful of few posters were way out of respect like insulting and etc.

I have seen a few who did esp one guy who did too much shame of himself and notice that he didn't return or post any more which I really think that's good riddance... we don't need him doing that all the times. I don't know as if he was banned already or not... not my business, ofc.

But I feel that it's wrong to close them down based on those few ones. Those few ones should be banned from the AllDeaf forum which it amazed no mods or Alex took the action to do so. It's rather doable to reduce outrageous posters and make the place more pleasure in the general.

Yup, I can only imagine how painful it took them to lock and watch them too often - too much for them the way they did back then. It became out of control.

So I agree with most posters in this thread that we could improve and make it more pleasure for the members to read or share comments.

Anyone who doesn't want to bother the religion section, simply ignore just like I ignore and never read those like gays/lesbians and any silly posts so it's simply why I don't bother to read and share any comment(s) toward them. I know how it goes out in the public forums.

I think I would recommend to give it another chance... but suggest to control it even more by allowing members only who submit more than 100 posts before qualify to share any comment in the religion forum plus who had no history of problems or insulting like that. Also suggest to separate the religion forum out of the Debates forum which would be easier.

Also prohibit or ban any member who create any insulting or un-respectful post(s) from this forum after their second warning. I strongly believe that it could be done like that or something close. Leave that up to Alex and the mods while look for a certain mod to control the religion section.

The religion is very important part of people's lives to learn and share about God regardless what they believe. So I only hope that it wouldn't be removed forever.

I could understand that it's being suspended for a while to "cool off" which isn't a problem to me and others, but it's already 4 months passing by. I think it's about time to do something about it by now or real soon, hopefully.

Oh, in the general other than the religion part, I do notice that in the general it improves and less insulting or rude comments unlike it did in the past. That's good to see like that but we acknowledge that there will be some goofs coming in, but let's hope to reduce by banning them like other forum mods doing. Good job, mods and Alex!

Let's work it out and give it another and last chance to see if it goes smooth or not. Thanks for reading my little long post (sorry lol) and hope to see it to continue being discussed from now on. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back