Feds to monitor BMI

Yeah, tell that to a bunch of bodybuilders. I'm sure those pencil pushers will get a nice welcome surprise from them.

don't worry. I'm sure your BMI will be pretty accurate about you

don't worry. I'm sure your BMI will be pretty accurate about you

I am guessing he is obese or very close according to this chart.......I think he and I are about the same size

i think bmis were made by the pro ana(which i hate) community and should NEVER be used in a medical way

i think bmis were made by the pro ana(which i hate) community and should NEVER be used in a medical way

You're actually partly right. The BMI is used as a medical measurement, but it exploited by people on those sites you mentioned. You're also right that the BMI should not be used. They are highly inaccurate for a lot of people.

As I said before Iam 5'8 1/2" and 180lbs at 37yrs. old. My measurements are 36D-27-35 and according to the BMI charts I have a BMI rating of 26.6- 27 (depending on the site and if I round up my height). From anyone who met me at the alldeaf meetup in NYC I don't think any of them would say i am 'overweight'.

Good question.

Why do I walk around in -10C with no jackets, while everyone else is silvering and usually have thick winter coats? :shrug:

Because you are low maint like me. :lol: I never wear a jacket due to cold....too much put it on, take it off ect ect ect.

Except for a leather coat that is more for style than warmth I dont even own a coat or jacket.

The BMI is used as a medical measurement, but it exploited by people on those sites you mentioned. You're also right that the BMI should not be used. They are highly inaccurate for a lot of people.

it is used to the point where a bmi is used to work out if something eating disorder related or not

example passing out being i've not eaten or had a drink for two weeks whether or not to use a feeding tube will be worked on my bmi

It's illegal to be overweight in japan. They don't seem to make a big fuss. Tell americans that they are taking more than they deserve, and everyone freaks out. We're using too much oil and eating too much food. Cut back a little. I mean, come on!

It's illegal to be overweight in japan. They don't seem to make a big fuss. Tell americans that they are taking more than they deserve, and everyone freaks out. We're using too much oil and eating too much food. Cut back a little. I mean, come on!

No thanks :) I earned it.

This nanny-state mentality needs to be given the heave-ho into the nearest garbage dump.

And do Sumo wrestlers get an exemption.....lol
That's what I was wondering.

Also, what about pregnant ladies? I read that the Japanese use waistline measurements only to determine "overweight."

That's what I was wondering.

Also, what about pregnant ladies? I read that the Japanese use waistline measurements only to determine "overweight."

Yeah I saw that too......over 33.5 inch waist is fat for men.......So I am obese in Japan too..... :lol:

Womens waists can be 35 or so....... I guess is to prevent domestic violence when the "does this dress make me look fat" question comes up..... lol

Yeah I saw that too......over 33.5 inch waist is fat for men.......So I am obese in Japan too..... :lol:

Womens waists can be 35 or so....... I guess is to prevent domestic violence when the "does this dress make me look fat" question comes up..... lol

I will be VERY obese in Japan. :lol:

Back