Feds to monitor BMI

EXACTLY!!! It makes no sense!!!!

"I have the right to hide my gender, my race, and the fact whether I'm fat or not!"

"Um... Ma'am, I can see that you are a white obese female."

Ironically, the fact that you're fat is even harder to hide than if you're a cross dresser/transsexual/mixed race.....

Exactly. I don't get what the uproar over having access to your BMI is. That is exactly why I said the uproar is nothing more than an attempt to create an atmosphere of unreasonable fear.

Excellent. Since "fat" people are so easy to recognize then it should be easy to calculate obesity through observation. Much more reliable than a chart. :)

Government has no reason to need the names......what's next "National No Burger List" maybe a "Do not deliver list" for pizza places too..... :laugh2:

Maybe Ronald McDonald standing by a scale with a sign "You must weigh X to order fries"

Maybe Burger King could become obama king and change their jingle.....

Hold the Meat
Hold the bun
No burger for you
you weigh a ton
Why don't you just skip lunch
and go for a run.

Have it our way at obama King!

When was the last time you had a face to face with your health insurance carrier? Many carriers, especially those that cover employees of a company, are out of state. Do you propose that they have a face to face once a year with all of their enrollees? That is a bit unrealistic. Much easier to provide access through the physician. And especially since a release has to be signed by the patient before that information can be made available.

When was the last time you had a face to face with your health insurance carrier? Many carriers, especially those that cover employees of a company, are out of state. Do you propose that they have a face to face once a year with all of their enrollees? That is a bit unrealistic. Much easier to provide access through the physician. And especially since a release has to be signed by the patient before that information can be made available.

His post sounds like funny but I don't take his post so seriously.

Hey txgolfer. :wave:

I don't care if the government knows my BMI. What I don't want to happen is to be catagorized by it. I am NOT obese. In any way, shape or form. I do not have, IMO, a flawed system of weight measurement to have any say over me.

I don't care if the government knows my BMI. What I don't want to happen is to be catagorized by it. I am NOT obese. In any way, shape or form. I do not have IMO a flawed system of weight measurement to have any say over me.

If you have health insurance, it is already used to calculate risk factor for claims for other issues related to BMI. That is what the government uses it for. Insurance purposes. Medicaid and Medicare already use it. This bill is mostly just to prompt physicians to record it in the chart so that the insurance companies can access it. Many physicians do not bother to even take a BMI.

I need the government to plan my daily meals so I can keep my calorie intake to 1500 or under. That would help me a lot! I hate planning out every little bitty food. What a pain in the a$$!

If you have health insurance, it is already used to calculate risk factor for claims for other issues related to BMI. That is what the government uses it for. Insurance purposes. Medicaid and Medicare already use it. This bill is mostly just to prompt physicians to record it in the chart so that the insurance companies can access it. Many physicians do not bother to even take a BMI.

That is what the government uses it for.........now :)

Perfect example of bodybuilding gone too far...on steroids...??? Maybe not...??

His BMI is probably over the roof! But it's alllll muscle instead of fat.

That's dangerous if you go overboard and do it in a hurry by way of steroids.

That is WAY too much!

I need the government to plan my daily meals so I can keep my calorie intake to 1500 or under. That would help me a lot! I hate planning out every little bitty food. What a pain in the a$$!

:lol:

I play golf with my insurance guy.......He laughs aboout the BMI too. My Dr and my daughter's prof both say Dr's will just stop accepting Medicaid/care..... That's my guess too.

My guess is that all the people against this are in favor of drug testing. Ever wonder what happens to that information? It is quite personal, and contains a plethora of unneeded results. Does this man have high cholesterol? Why does a guy filling orders in a warehouse need to be drug tested? Whose idea was this? Oh yeah, the Reagan years...

My guess is that all the people against this are in favor of drug testing. Ever wonder what happens to that information? It is quite personal, and contains a plethora of unneeded results. Does this man have high cholesterol? Why does a guy filling orders in a warehouse need to be drug tested? Whose idea was this? Oh yeah, the Reagan years...

Goes to credibility and dependability. I drug tested all of my workers. Many reasons for doing so. The big difference is......they didn't have to take the job.

Goes to credibility and dependability. I drug tested all of my workers. Many reasons for doing so. The big difference is......they didn't have to take the job.

Good way to "lord" over your workers. :giggle:

It is difficult to find a job without the drug test. I have peed several times. Never been concerned about outcomes. I have worked with blatant users that bypassed the system. There are techniques used, substances taken to mask, etc.

Good way to "lord" over your workers. :giggle:

It is difficult to find a job without the drug test. I have peed several times. Never been concerned about outcomes. I have worked with blatant users that bypassed the system. There are techniques used, substances taken to mask, etc.

I owed it to my customers.......My workers would be entering people's homes. I made every effort to insure that my customers and their belongings were safe. It was a selling point that was the deciding factor in many bids and also helped to keep my insurance low. In other words it paid for itself.

I paid for the most expensive test.....one that tested for common masking drugs. Maybe one slipped through the cracks.....but I doubt it. :)

I owed it to my customers.......My workers would be entering people's homes. I made every effort to insure that my customers and their belongings were safe. It was a selling point that was the deciding factor in many bids and also helped to keep my insurance low. In other words it paid for itself.

I paid for the most expensive test.....one that tested for common masking drugs. Maybe one slipped through the cracks.....but I doubt it. :)

Plenty of ways to beat that test. I have done it 4 times. Just fill a condom with clean piss and tape it to you crotch. Have a needle in your belt to pop the condom quietly.

Hey as long as I'm not hitting the bong before work why should I not be aloud to have a job.

Plenty of ways to beat that test. I have done it 4 times. Just fill a condom with clean piss and tape it to you crotch. Have a needle in your belt to pop the condom quietly.

Hey as long as I'm not hitting the bong before work why should I not be aloud to have a job.

Easy.....because you engage in illegal activity. :)

I doubt your condom of urine is going to help you beat a blood or hair test..... :laugh2:. The lab I used did all 3.

LOL I read aloud your post to the guys watching the ballgame in here, and every single one snapped into Nazi salutes. Just letting you know. We don't do drug tests. I know my workers, who to trust in a customer's house or not. I did a few criminal record checks, but have never had anything stolen from anyone's property while on the job. Oh well.

Easy.....because you engage in illegal activity. :)

I doubt your condom of urine is going to help you beat a blood or hair test..... :laugh2:. The lab I used did all 3.

Right cause using drugs for recreation is such a horrible thing. Hair is easy, just shave it off. Got a buddy that did that and boy did he look funny without eyebrows. Blood test will tell if person has used the drug in the recent past. Like 4 to 6 hours. Not weeks like the urine test will

Back