Feds to monitor BMI

nothing comparable to our private info at corporations that's being breached frequently.

But why add to the possibilities????? :lol:

"uh....I told a friend a secret but she's kind of a gossip......might as well tell a few more friends now........" :laugh2:

But why add to the possibilities????? :lol:

"uh....I told a friend a secret but she's kind of a gossip......might as well tell a few more friends now........" :laugh2:

add to possibilities? I dunno but hacking into government computer is... yea kinda more serious than hacking into corporation.

add to possibilities? I dunno but hacking into government computer is... yea kinda more serious than hacking into corporation.

Yeah add to the possibilities......not a difficult concept. Corporations already HAVE the info......as you stated.

3 doesn't come up often in craps but if you added it to the pass line you would definitely increase your chances of winning a pass line bet. :lol:

Yeah add to the possibilities......not a difficult concept. Corporations already HAVE the info......as you stated.

3 doesn't come up often in craps but if you added it to the pass line you would definitely increase your chances of winning a pass line bet. :lol:

so since these corporations already have the info.... what has it done for us? why is our obesity rate skyrocketing?

so since these corporations already have the info.... what has it done for us? why is our obesity rate skyrocketing?

Dunno and don't care. Why don't you start a thread about it. :)

This thread is about the government possessing private info.

:shock:

Oh, BMI's. That's a relief.

I thought they were going to monitor our BM's.

:laugh2: j/k

They might as well be, because it's crap!

Seriously, using BMI is a very unreliable way to measure whether someone is healthy or not. A better way to do so is to have one's DR to look at life time growth charts.

But, I digress. I'm not happy with anything this adminstration has done by way of improving healthcare; especially when it comes to the fight against obesity. This latest bit is scary indeed!

I agree that for a normal person that BMI is 'fairly' accurate but not accurate for people who are professional athletes who must put on massive amounts of weight for their sport to compete such as body builders and American football players, and yes even sumo wrestlers who have lots of muscle underneath that outer layer of fat.

Then there are those that are at the opposite end of the spectrum such as long-distance runners that may be considered to be 'underweight' when really they just have a lot of lean muscle compared to body fat and will be thin because of their sport. Then there are people who are just extremely short or extremely tall to where their BMI cannot be accurately measured. I have an inspector at work that is 4'9" and 65 years old, but she is healthy as a horse, and if her BMI were calculated, she might be considered obese when really she's not, she just has dwarfism.

I would be considered obese by BMI scales I am a 32.......and I have a 34" waist :lol:

I just played with that scale again.......I would have to lose close to 70 pounds to be in the middle of the normal range....... :laugh2:

If I lost 70 lbs people would throw a benefit concert for me..... :lol:

My BMI is 31 and my height is 6'0.

I ate many of meals from fast food, that why. :eek3:

My BMI is 31 and my height is 6'0.

I ate many of meals from fast food, that why. :eek3:

So you are obese too.........

Apparently whoever developed that scale got beat up alot as a child.... :lol:

They certainly have a problem with anyone that has any muscle......

Yup, in last 10 years ago, I was normal weight and very skinny but not anymore.

I found a old picture from 2001 and my body was damn skinny.

Yeah, tell that to a bunch of bodybuilders. I'm sure those pencil pushers will get a nice welcome surprise from them.

Back