Father Held Daughter in Cellar for 24 Years

This story is so sad.In all those years, something about this story does not add up.

You're correct about that.

We'll find out a lot more information in the coming months.

I heard somewhere that Kerstin, the eldest child presently in coma, has some hearing impairment.
Liebling, could you find out?

God, you know what? The father is going to be all "I didn't do anything. I'm innocent!"
I saw a video of a perpetrator of a simalir crime, and he was all "Oh I didn't do anything. I didn't hurt them."
I would LOVE to punish this sick fucker. And I mean he KNEW it was wrong....otherwise why did he deliberatly hide Elisabeth and the kids?

I would prefer that he's in jail with no sunlight, no electricity for lights, TV etc for life... a darkness in jail for 24 hours/7 days/365 days/366 days/years.

Thank you for more updates of the links Sara and Liebling. :)

A mixture of emotions went thru' me as I read this vile, despicable news. That really angered and shaken me to the core. *smh*

Yes we learn more and more everyday than we already learn about them. I saw TV daily about them. One thing they still find out what and how Elisabeth & children take care of during Josef's absence (trip to Thailand several times). It's hard to beleive that Josef's wife Rosemaria still unware about those issue when he visited to cellar and overnight there a lot. He forbidded her to bring anything or visit him in cellar.

I heard somewhere that Kerstin, the eldest child presently in coma, has some hearing impairment.

Yes, she is in coma. It's something do with her kidney and difficult to get breath. It's still inoffical about her. We will find out more about her soon.

WOW.....that's fucked up that prison sentences are so light in Europe.
Yes, most criminals aren't sociopaths. A friend of mine has done some time in jail, and he said that most criminals are just folks who made mistakes.

Sure, they learn their lesson and correct their mistakes and ask for forgive when they get out of prison but that Josef Fritzl? No Way!!!! He KNEW what he doing terrible!!! I learn his past history...

He raped someone in 1960s that's time he still married to Rosemarie and already have 4 kids. He was jailed for 18 months for rape... He treated his family horrible... One thing I really don't understand Rosemarie anymore... I would divorce him at long, long, long time ago when I were her... *shake my head*

However, there IS a population of honest to god fucked up sociopaths who need to be locked up forever, like in a insistution for the criminally insane.

mental illness and sociopath like Josef belongs to be locked rest of life.

God, you know what? The father is going to be all "I didn't do anything. I'm innocent!"
I saw a video of a perpetrator of a simalir crime, and he was all "Oh I didn't do anything. I didn't hurt them."
I would LOVE to punish this sick fucker. And I mean he KNEW it was wrong....otherwise why did he deliberatly hide Elisabeth and the kids?

He claimed that he take care of Elisabeth and children in cellar is clothes, foods, bed, etc. They are well care of...

He denied his knowledge what and how he did to Elisabeth is a definiety sick!!!

Elisabeth look really old than her own age which is really sad. We support her and her children fully but we know that the scar will remain with them rest of their life...

That's sick and monster !! :pissed:

Sure, they learn their lesson and correct their mistakes and ask for forgive when they get out of prison but that Josef Fritzl? No Way!!!! He KNEW what he doing terrible!!! I learn his past history...

He raped someone in 1960s that's time he still married to Rosemarie and already have 4 kids. He was jailed for 18 months for rape... He treated his family horrible... One thing I really don't understand Rosemarie anymore... I would divorce him at long, long, long time ago when I were her... *shake my head*
He served only 18 months for rape?! And they let him out? And he didn't have to register as a sex offender? What kind of "justice" is that?

mental illness and sociopath like Josef belongs to be locked rest of life.
Yes, he deserves to be locked up for life but Austrian law won't do it.
Yet, for an atrocity that has stunned the world, he may wind up serving just 15 years in prison if charged, tried and convicted.
Austria case revives European debate on light prison terms - Yahoo! News

I feel sick with pain when I watched the TV with video, photos, etc - long one... interviewed with people who lives at same village as Josef F.

I got mixed feeling and really feel pain for poor daughter and children.

Elisabeth waste 24 years life... She supposed to be married and have her own children, not that monster who father 7 children to her!!!!

Elisabeth & her mother reunioned each other in hospitail last Sunday. Mother was nerves breakdown because she knows nothing what and how it does. She beleive for a long time that Elisabeth escaped from world to religion cult and don't want to contact world.

Father forced Elisabeth to write a note that she is unable to take care of 3 children and leave them on doorstep with note... CPS (welfare for children protection) visited/inspect Josef & his wife's house because they applied for foster/adopt 3 children. CPS said everything in their house to basement are well care and clean... but they didn't noticed that small door, he hided Elisabeth and children. It's not just them, but his wife and relatives as well... that small door - they thought is for supply things... (work shop, etc).

They contact the world thru TV and video... which they never see sunlight... 5 years old boy alway want to sit on the car what he saw from TV until they freed from basement... Police offered him to sit on the car... He was happy and excited and said that I can't beleive that I sit on the car... wow... It look like that he is well care but he think it's normal to live in basement with no window... no see sunlight.. .but just TV and video... It's Elisabeth who taught her children to speak and read... and watch TV...

The people, who know Josef & family and said that they are very nice and friendly and very good "Grandparents" to 3 children. 3 children attend school and social outside is very well... I can image it must be shock for them to learn that their "Grandfather" is really their father who fathered his daughter (their mother). They also reunioned with her & siblings as well.

Elisabeth look old than her own age. :(

They suggest that Josef should stay in jail between 15 and 20 years which I disagree to because he should stay in jail for rest of his life. He deserve it!!!!!!!

There'll more news to update...

Yes, this is a horrible, horrible thing. But since he is already 73 years old, spending 15 to 20 years in jail will probably end up being the rest of his life.

WOW.....that's fucked up that prison sentences are so light in Europe.
Yes, most criminals aren't sociopaths. A friend of mine has done some time in jail, and he said that most criminals are just folks who made mistakes.
However, there IS a population of honest to god fucked up sociopaths who need to be locked up forever, like in a insistution for the criminally insane.

Yes, there are those individuals who are so sociopathic that no amount of treatment serves to rehabilitate. Their mental illness prevents them from seeing the wrong intheir actions, and they fully believe that they "have done no wrong." They are amazingly adept at justifying their behavior. And they do need to be incarcerated in specialized forensic facilities to prevent them preying on other inmates in the general prison population.

He served only 18 months for rape?! And they let him out? And he didn't have to register as a sex offender? What kind of "justice" is that?

We have no idea what and how he did with form of rape. :dunno: I will find out what exact form of rape, he did in 1960s. There're different laws for form of rape.
Yes, he deserves to be locked up for life but Austrian law won't do it.

Sure, they will because of murder, rape and iscent. At first they talk about law until they focus deep and agree that he deserve a life sentence. Austrian authorities consider it, too.

Yes, that's media talk over law... but Josef's case is total different... what he did 3 times worster. Those history what he did is the mainly worst.

Normally, if serious rape between few years to 7 years, murder between 25 to life sentence and incest few years. Josepf did 3 times which mean is life sentence.

You're correct about that.

I've been trying to stay on top of this case through the news reports, but I hadn't heard that Kerstin had a hearing impairment. I wonder if she suffers from a genetic syndrome that caused both her kidney disease and a haearing impairment. Maybe Leibling will be able to enlighten us on this.

Yes, this is a horrible, horrible thing. But since he is already 73 years old, spending 15 to 20 years in jail will probably end up being the rest of his life.

True, he would not stay alive if he get out of jail due his age. 73 years plus 15 years = 88 years old...

Yes, that's media talk over law... but Josef's case is total different... what he did 3 times worster. Those history what he did is the mainly worst.

Are you saying that Austrians can ignore their own statute limitations?

Normally, if serious rape between few years to 7 years, murder between 25 to life sentence and incest few years. Josepf did 3 times which mean is life sentence.
Punishment for "serious" rape is limited to 7 years?! That's outrageous!

So after seven years, rapists are allowed out to do more rapes? That's awful.

I've been trying to stay on top of this case through the news reports, but I hadn't heard that Kerstin had a hearing impairment. I wonder if she suffers from a genetic syndrome that caused both her kidney disease and a haearing impairment. Maybe Leibling will be able to enlighten us on this.

No, it do not mention about hearing impairment but something do with kidney and lack of breath... She lied on the coma... serious illness, the TV news says. It still is inofficial about her health issue because the doctors refuse to say anything yet until they know more. We will update about her health issues thru daily TV.

True, he would not stay alive if he get out of jail due his age. 73 years plus 15 years = 88 years old...
He's not sickly. He could easily live past 88 years old. What if he gets out? What creepy things will he do then?

Back