Father Held Daughter in Cellar for 24 Years

Holy Cow...this is horrible....just horrid! I hope that man gets sentenced to be in jail for REST of his life with out speck of seeing sunlight!

Forget jail sentence. I say we bind and gag him. In a public place. Vigilanty justice. Let everyone and anyone have a crack at the man. Nails, rusty knives, broken glass, hot steel pokers... That man deserves to suffer. Then burn in hell for all eternity!

Sick sick sick!

This man has snown little remorse for what he has done. I agree with Brayden's Mom that he should suffer the consequences. He knew full and well what he was doing was horrid and here he is, continuing to justify it by means of useless excuses. I say torture him within an inch of his life and let him suffer the remainder of his life alone in a cold dark cell.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason she was huffing was because he had been sexually abusing her even before he locked her up, and she was trying in her own way to cope with the horrible situation. :(

As sad as it sound, I agree with you because it was the only way for her to be able to 'escape' from the pain that Fritzl has been doing towards her over the years. Sniffing glue is dangerous, indeed but when being in her shoe, it's a total different scenario not only because of that but because she was trying to kind of 'numb' herself in the process.

I only know that he explained his reason why he lock her daughter due her wild behavior. She disrespect him a lot. He claimed about her daughter make no sense to me. Accord Elisabeth´s statement that she was being sexually abused by her own father when she was a child.

If he strongly claim that her daughter disrespect him a lot then I don´t blame her after what and how he did to her. Do he expect that he should get the respect from her in returnafter what and how he did to her when she was a child?

Sorry, his statement make no sense to me... It´s a feeble excuse!!!!!!!!!!!! because he raped her when she was a child before he lock her for 24 years... He built the room in basement for several years to prepare for her daughter... I would ignore his statement... It´s load of rubbish and feeble excuse. I hope the court will see the sense why he built the room in basement several years before he lock her.

Yeah, It is a feeble excuse. Like I said, the daughter had to find any way to be able to 'escape' the misery that she has been through for years and years - It was the only way she knew how to try to cope with it. It may have killed her by sniffing the glue but here's what I'm thinking - She probably wanted to slowly kill herself just so that way she can get out of that "hell", you know?

Well - This just came in the news. Joseph Fritzl has changed his mind and pleaded guilty to all charges.

Incest father pleads guilty to charges, faces life

Mod's Edit: News quote and link are deleted because it is repost the very same link Jolie provided above.

its would be good for him to rest of his lifes in jail! but i will more updates worlds about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
As sad as it sound, I agree with you because it was the only way for her to be able to 'escape' from the pain that Fritzl has been doing towards her over the years. Sniffing glue is dangerous, indeed but when being in her shoe, it's a total different scenario not only because of that but because she was trying to kind of 'numb' herself in the process.

Yeah, It is a feeble excuse. Like I said, the daughter had to find any way to be able to 'escape' the misery that she has been through for years and years - It was the only way she knew how to try to cope with it. It may have killed her by sniffing the glue but here's what I'm thinking - She probably wanted to slowly kill herself just so that way she can get out of that "hell", you know?

Yeah, I thought the same as I quoted your post.

Well - This just came in the news. Joseph Fritzl has changed his mind and pleaded guilty to all charges.

Incest father pleads guilty to charges, faces life

Yes, I saw on TV. We guess the reason is Elisabeth´s statement in video make him change his mind.

Another German link...

Fritzl Pleads Guilty to All Charges in Austrian Incest, Murder Case | Europe | Deutsche Welle | 18.03.2009

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the news on TV few minutes ago... It says that the court sentenced him to long life imprisonment and secure psychiatric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am waiting for the link comes then post here...

Forget jail sentence. I say we bind and gag him. In a public place. Vigilanty justice. Let everyone and anyone have a crack at the man. Nails, rusty knives, broken glass, hot steel pokers... That man deserves to suffer. Then burn in hell for all eternity!

Sick sick sick!

We do need stab a little knife toward his private area, let him suffer slowy dying.... He is fucking deserved it !

Im glad to know that this sicko will remain locked up for the rest of his life. He absolutely deserves every bit of what is coming to him when he passes from this life.

I hope that Elisabeth and her children have been able to adjust to the situation. I know its only been a little less than a year, but the 'recovery' for such an ordeal will take many years.

I just wonder if Elisabeth will be able to obtain work under a new identity given she has no work history and it would be difficult for her to act as though she's been free for all those 24 years.

I also wonder what the cellar children are going through? Are they educationally behind? Are they having to be taught things they normally would have learned as small children?

Austrian Fritzl sentenced to life
BBC NEWS | Europe | Austrian Fritzl sentenced to life

Austrian Josef Fritzl, who kept his daughter in a cellar and fathered her seven children, has been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.

Fritzl, 73, was found guilty of all charges against him, including rape, incest, murder and enslavement.

He showed no obvious emotion at the verdict, telling the court that he accepted it and would not appeal.

The court ordered that Fritzl should serve his life sentence in a secure psychiatric facility.

The judge said he could speak to his lawyer but he shook his head. Then he was led out of court with an impassive face.

Fritzl's lawyer, Rudolf Mayer, said outside the court after the verdict: "I would say that the verdict was a logical consequence of a confession.

"Of course if you have 3,000 cases of rape and 24 years of being kept in a cellar, it is evident that there can only be a punishment or verdict like this one."

The life sentence was handed down for the murder by neglect of one of the children, who died soon after birth.

The jury unanimously accepted prosecutors' arguments that the child could have survived if it had received medical care denied by Fritzl.

The defendant first denied murder and enslavement but changed his plea to guilty after seeing testimony from his daughter.

The verdict is final and irreversible, as neither the defence nor the prosecution is contesting it.

Co-ordination centre

The BBC's Bethany Bell at the court says there has been a huge amount of media interest in the trial, and its twists and turns have been enormous.

At the time of the first details of this case, no-one could grasp the extent of this man's crimes, she says, and Austria still has to come to terms with it.

Court officials said Fritzl would initially return to St Poelten jail, where he has been held in custody. Justice Ministry spokeswoman Katharina Swoboda told AFP news agency that he would remain there in the coming weeks.

The prison's deputy warden, Erich Huber-Guensthofer, said he would be kept under suicide watch.

He will then be sent to a co-ordination centre, where it will be determined how dangerous he is and whether he is able to undergo therapy, before going on to the psychiatric facility.

He could in theory be released from the facility if he is deemed to be cured of his illness and would serve the remainder of his sentence in a normal prison.

In this case he will be eligible for release after 15 years.

Court spokesman Franz Cutka said Fritzl's daughter could also bring a civil case against her father, adding that there was no limit to the damages she could request.

Regrets

The Austrian imprisoned his daughter in a cellar under his house for 24 years and repeatedly raped her.

The daughter and three of the children were kept captive in the cellar until the case came to light in April last year, when one of them became seriously ill and was taken to hospital.

In his surprise confession on Wednesday, Fritzl admitted murdering by neglect one of newborn twin boys his daughter gave birth to in 1996, having failed to arrange medical care for the ailing infant.

The other three children were raised in the family home by Fritzl and his wife, after he told people that his daughter had abandoned them and joined a sect.

The daughter and her six surviving children have been recovering from their ordeal in a psychiatric clinic and at a secret location.

Addressing the jury before the verdict, Fritzl said: "I regret from the bottom of my heart what I've done to my family."

"Unfortunately I cannot undo what I did. I can only try to limit the damage done as best as I can," he said.

FINALLY! he got rest his lifes in jail for 24 years but the judges says he got count of his crimes include:
Murder by neglect
Enslavement
Deprivation of liberty
Rape
Incest
Coercion

Fritzl moved to long-term prison

Josef Fritzl, the Austrian who raped and imprisoned his daughter for years, has been moved to a long-term prison to serve his life sentence, officials say.

He was transferred from a Vienna prison to the Stein facility in Krems, some 50km (30 miles) west of the capital.

He will be held in a special wing for inmates found to be mentally abnormal, but still responsible for their crimes.

Fritzl, 74, fathered seven children with his daughter while she was locked in a cellar for 24 years.

One child died of neglect.

In March, Fritzl was found guilty of all charges against him, including rape, incest, enslavement and murder, and was sentenced to life in prison.

The Stein facility - which can house more than 800 inmates - offers Fritzl the best protection against potential attacks by other inmates, and also has its own hospital ward, officials said.

Fritzl had wanted to be moved to Garsten prison, closer to his home town of Amstetten, but his family said they did not want him nearby, AFP news agency reported.

In 1984, Fritzl lured his then 18-year-old daughter into the basement of the family home, and raped her repeatedly in the years that followed.

The case only came to light in April 2008, when she convinced him to take a severely ill daughter, whom Fritzl had fathered with her, to hospital.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Fritzl moved to long-term prison

I am so glad that he is in jail. What an incredibly disturbed, disgusting man. :( The poor children and daughter who are always going to suffer from the mental scars and wounds left from this man. :(

I am sure the guards will look the other way and allow the other inmates to have a go at him.

Back