F**k you, Deaf "Community"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I went on and read some more of his posts. Seems like he was reacting to one person who argued with his wife.

His other posts aren't as bad as the one shown here.

Still think he has some anger issues.

And those in AD don't rant, too, against "hearies"??

It is just old news and I had seen that so numerous time.

Just let them to say whatever they want but they won't get my respect, anyway.

funny-pictures-cat-has-invisible-violin.jpg

:laugh2: my thoughts exaclty.

:laugh2: my thoughts exaclty.

Have any of you actually been told you are a monster? Have you had strangers approach you and tell you that you are a child abuser and that your children should be taken away from you? Have you been told that you raped your child and destroyed their soul?

It sucks. How can you not understand that parents get upset by this?

Please don't take it personally about that old old thread or with me? this thread wasn't about you. ok.

Have any of you actually been told you are a monster? Have you had strangers approach you and tell you that you are a child abuser and that your children should be taken away from you? Have you been told that you raped your child and destroyed their soul?

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make here by putting your shoes in the shoes of parents who must deal with that for the very decision that had to make at the time. That's why it was fascinating to read that F.Y. thread and get the perspectives and insights from people who are hearing and those with deaf/hh children.

Please don't take it personally about that old old thread or with me? this thread wasn't about you. ok.

I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about ALL parents of children with CI's. Every single day parents are being told these things, and it is disgusting. By posting things like "invisible violin" you are saying that you don't feel like they should be complaining and that you have "no pity" for them. Is that really true? Do you think that they should just take these comments and shut up?

I have been, all except the rape part, but from the other end. I have been severely chastised, included called a monster and abusive, for NOT implanting and not pushing speech, for 'coddling' my deaf child, for 'raising a retard'/'social outcast'/'freak', for dooming her to a life of illiteracy and unemployment.

I've gotten this from both hearing and oral deaf/hard of hearing people.

It does suck.

AD had a dedicated thread ranting against "hearies" two years ago.

Well, are you make me so wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I was member in AD so often in 4 years ago and there was too many attack/rant about CI, hearies, HA, deaf culture, etc.

2008 isn't bad as 2006.

I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about ALL parents of children with CI's. Every single day parents are being told these things, and it is disgusting. By posting things like "invisible violin" you are saying that you don't feel like they should be complaining and that you have "no pity" for them. Is that really true? Do you think that they should just take these comments and shut up?

I suggest you not to take this thread too clingy to you. I am aware that you made your choice what's the best things for your girl. that's fine. why are you worrying about others making comments against you . just ignore them like they make fun of me for many many many many years and i simply ignore them.
who cares if they make judges against the parents decisions. everyone makes fun of each others or insult each others everyday, every minutes every seconds. ok.

Well, are you make me so wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I was member in AD so often in 4 years ago and there was too many attack/rant about CI, hearies, HA, deaf culture, etc.

2008 isn't bad as 2006.

Nothing wrong with ranting just as there was nothing wrong with posters ranting about Deaf people, too. People vent. Nothing new there.

I have been, all except the rape part, but from the other end. I have been severely chastised, included called a monster and abusive, for NOT implanting and not pushing speech, for 'coddling' my deaf child, for 'raising a retard'/'social outcast'/'freak', for dooming her to a life of illiteracy and unemployment.

I've gotten this from both hearing and oral deaf/hard of hearing people.

It does suck.

I have also gotten it from both sides. I agree that it is horrible coming from anyone. I would also support you and argue against people saying you are over-reacting to feeling hurt by those comments.

I would also support you and argue against people saying you are over-reacting to feeling hurt by those comments.

And I you.

Until you understand fully what it's like to actually have to make these decisions and be treated like a criminal for it, you really can have no opinion on the matter. It is so much more than 'making fun' and 'name calling'. It's bullying.

When you've walked in my shoes, you can tell me how I should or shouldn't feel.

I second everyone else wonderign why this was brought up. If I recall correctly I posted that thread over there, and some of us went over there.
No. But I do think that the people who may have attacked your decision, may not understand that a) Miss Kat maxed out her hearing aids, so they aren't giving her a ton of help.
You have to understand that even HEARING AIDS weren't all that accepted in the old days. Did you know that Deafies were against them back then? I bet if you took a time machine back to the old days, you would find Deafies going on and on that HAs were going to kill Deaf culture, and parents and experts stating for a FACT that ASL was endangered/about to go extinct.
and b) Maybe they think you're an AG BAD parent. I'm sure if they knew that you were trying to "full toolbox" Miss Kat, their reaction would not be so harsh.
Oral abilty is a pretty nifty skill to have. That said, I have to say that I understand where that vitrol is coming from (and this is from an adult who is pretty well versed in oral skills) . Even for kids who have a knack for oral skills, speech therapy can be boring and a drag and extremely frustrating.
CIs are getting more and more accepted. Remember it's only been ten years since CIs were offically deemed OK by the NAD.

I think that post is incredibly sad. Obviously the parents are frustrated that nothing they seem to do is completely right for either side of the fence, hearing or Deaf. The fact they felt so pushed to act out like that is just sad and the result of an over-worked, over-stressed parent who doesn't have an adequate place to vent or the right person to talk to about their concerns. Yes it seems like they're trying their best to do what's right for their child, but in the end it will be up to their child whether or not they're going to be a part of the Deaf communities, hearing communities or any combination of them. The pressure though on the parents to do 100% one way or the other just seems to be aggravating a very emotionally sensitive issue :(

He did. It was about this one person. And the fact that his wife was dealing again with more the same crap from some in the Deaf community about her daughter and CI. He even made a note about the sudden "fame" on his ranting in his post found in AD (http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-ou...like-we-need-educate-some-hearing-people.html).

Did any of ya'll bothered to read his posts? The thread?

Try looking from his perspective for a change and understand why he vented. Read the thread and his postings.

I got his point "loud and clear". I cannot tell you the amount of times I have witnessed personally, a deaf person trying to decide whether they should get a cochlear implant or not. Their biggest fear was NOT the operation, NOT the risks involved, NOT the fact a computer chip was being drilled close to their brain ....

Their biggest fear was being rejected by their deaf peers.

If he/she is Deaf then it'd be the fear of being rejected by their Deaf peers rather deaf peers. The guy was venting at the moment. Understandable. We all say things one time or another that we regretted for saying and you can't take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back