Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
which one is killed this am, i m confused is that black cap or white cap? thanks. im confused because iwas in hurry this am and was mom on duty and came to work.

which one is killed this am, i m confused is that black cap or white cap? thanks. im confused because iwas in hurry this am and was mom on duty and came to work.

black hat is the oldest brother. he was killed. he had bomb wounds too.

white hat is the younger brother. he's Suspect #2. they're still looking for him.

black hat is the oldest brother. he was killed. he had bomb wounds too.

white hat is the younger brother. he's Suspect #2. they're still looking for him.

THANKS! this am i was making my kids lunch and took a peek at news on tv. someone whos reporter in boston videotaping live on the guy lying down on the floor apparently it was the guy with black hat who was killed. I was like " oh i can see the guy's body sort of twisted lying down in publc TV" WOW

Guys, stop arguing about definitions! This is NOT English class!

My mother had to have radiation for her cancer, and she had to cancel it because they have Boston locked down. My father is in Homeland Security, and he had to deal with this crap. At the airport. Yeh, his job is bad enough and now he has a terrorist walking around who could show up any second. I feel bad for him, (my dad) he texted me saying it is crazy. I am stuck in my house, hooray hooray.

Jeff Bauman. a true hero. https://www.facebook.com/supportjeffandfamily

while he may looks fine and good... getting blown up right next to bomb and survive it is nothing but an amazing miracle but I fear that he may die of medical complication sooner or later.

He already does that locally. I don't know if he or his group is planning something for the Boston victims. They might have a local group there. Face-to-face long-term support is best.

Because of his shift hours I haven't been able to talk to him this week. He and TCS are going on a guy trip this weekend, so he'll be able to talk with him then.

http://www.charlestonamputeesupport.com

(My SIL wearing long-sleeve white t-shirt, with Christmas-lighted leg.)

just saw in Fox 5 news that bombers may have a sister living in West New York. that's about 10 min away from me. she's saying that they're wonderful people.

uncle's speaking very angrily and harshly about Suspect #2. he's saying in news that he should turn himself in and stop this nonsense. and now he's telling reporters to respect the property and privacy. he's asking them to leave.

Jiro, you called him a suspect.
DHB, you called him a fugitive.

I call him an asshole.

My daughter just informed me that the national Amputee Coalition is organizing support. Local chapters around the country are too small to do it themselves.

Atlanta Olympic Bombing had Richard Jewell... and now perhaps it's Sunil Tripathi for Boston Marathon Bombing

Sunil Tripathi: missing student wrongly identified as Boston Marathon bombing suspect | NDTV.com
New Delhi: Sunil Tripathi, young Indian-American, who has been missing since March 16, was vilified on social media sites reporting that the Boston Police Department scanner had named him as one of two men suspected to be responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings on Monday, that left three people dead and about 180 injured.

Many hours later, the Boston police said both the marathon blast suspects, one dead, the other on the run, had both been identified as brothers from Chechnya.

In a statement on Facebook his family said, "We have known unequivocally all along that neither individual suspected as responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings was Sunil. We are grateful to all of you who have followed us on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit-supporting us over the recent hours." (Read statement here)

For the Tripathis, a few hours on Thursday evening were made up of a nightmare unimaginable even for a family that would have thought of every eventuality in the last three weeks as they have waited for some news about their missing 22-year-old son Sunil.

The name Sunil Tripathi suddenly began trending worldwide on Twitter, as a debate raged online whether one of two pictures of the suspects released by the FBI was indeed that of Mr Tripathi. Even though the photographs that the FBI released of the men they called Suspect 1 and Suspect 2 clearly showed two white men. See tweet

At 2.24 am local time, NBC News tweeted to say, "Speculation that one of bombing suspects is a missing student is not correct, sources tell @PeteWilliamsNBC." See tweet

Apologies followed. And the demand for apologies. "Sunil "Sunny" Tripathi, 22, is still missing... I send my deepest regrets for falsely identifying him as a suspect," said a Twitter user, who had earlier tweeted repeatedly about Mr Tripathi as a suspect.

Others were angry. Jammu and Kashmir Chief minister tweeted, "In spite of the Sunil Tripathi fiasco social media users will still believe in a God given gift to tweet/post first & confirm much later."

Sunil Tripathi is a philosophy major, on approved leave from the elite Brown University, his family has said. A Facebook page - 'Help us find Sunil Tripathi' - attracted more than a million views within the first week of being set up by his parents. It described the student as 6'0 tall, 130 pounds, with brown eyes and short brown hair, "a kind, gentle, and shy young man."

Sunil, they said, "has been struggling with depression since he took a leave of absence from Brown last year. A note suggestive of suicidal intent left behind in his apartment has his family extremely worried." His father, Akhil Tripathi, runs a software firm in Pennsylvania.

He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a Philadelphia Eagles beanie, and a black sweatshirt. He left behind his ID, wallet and cell phone, the police said.

Security agencies, including the local police and even the Federal Bureau of Investigation, joined in the search for Mr Tripathi.

Jeff Bauman. a true hero. https://www.facebook.com/supportjeffandfamily

while he may looks fine and good... getting blown up right next to bomb and survive it is nothing but an amazing miracle but I fear that he may die of medical complication sooner or later.
He's young, and he got quick care. He may have some struggles but I don't expect him to die anytime soon from medical complications unless he had some organ damage that we don't know about. The main thing is to watch for infection, especially around the wound sites. It's very easy to happen.

I don't know about the Boston hospitals but my SIL's hospital kicked him out in three days. (That's considered a standard stay for leg amputation without complications.) Then he went a few more days to a rehab facility. Then home.

Everything happens quickly. Some amputees don't even get to go to rehab. They go straight home from hospital. My SIL was blessed that his company used influence to get him into rehab facility before going home.

I didn't. it's what the police are saying.

that's too kind of you. me? I call him a gutless coward.
Asshole is a kind word?

BTW, he's gutless? He had guts to bomb it.

Anyway, I hope the asshole will be found and shot to death.

Asshole is a kind word?

BTW, he's gutless? He had guts to bomb it.

Anyway, I hope the asshole will be found and shot to death.

gutless as in not having a strength to live as a good person. it's too easy to be a criminal.

Anzor Tsarnaev Father Of Boston Bombing Suspects, Says Son Dzhokhar A 'True Angel' http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/anzor-tsarnaev-boston-suspect-father_n_3115791.html

"I learned about the incident from TV. My opinion is: the special services have framed my children, because they are practicing Muslims. Why did they kill Tamerlan? He was supposed to be caught alive. The younger is on the run now. He was a sophomore at a medical school in the U.S. We expected him to come home for vacation. Now I don't know what's going to happen. Tell you once again: I believe special services have framed my children."

Reports on Twitter also claim that Anzor has said that "all hell will break loose," if his remaining son, who is currently on the run, is killed.

More from the Associated Press

MAKHACHKALA, Russia — In an anguished interview, the father of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing described his fugitive son as a smart and accomplished "angel."

Anzor Tsarnaev spoke with The Associated Press by telephone from the southern Russian republic of Dagestan after police said one of his sons, 26-year-old Tamerlan, had been killed in a shootout and the other, Dzhokhar, was being intensely pursued.

"My son is a true angel," the elder Tsarnaev said. He said his son was "an intelligent boy" who was studying medicine.

"We expected him to come on holidays here," he said.

"They were set up, they were set up!" he exclaimed. "I saw it on television; they killed my older son Tamerlan."

Tsarnaev, badly agitated, gave little more information and ended the call angrily, saying, "Leave me alone, my son's been killed."

The younger Tsarnaev gave few clues as to his inner life on his profile on Vkontakte, a Russian equivalent of Facebook, though he did include websites about Islam among his favorites.

The family's origins are in Chechnya, the mostly Muslim Russian republic where separatist rebels fought two full-scale wars with Russian forces since 1994.

A spokesman for Chechnya's leader said the family left Chechnya long ago and went to Central Asia, then moved to Dagestan, a Muslim republic adjacent to Chechnya that has been the site of a sporadic insurgency for more than a decade.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev attended School No. 1 in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan. The principal's secretary at School No. 1, Irina Bandurina, told the AP that Tsarnaev left for the U.S. in March 2002.

I hopefully Dzhokar Tsarnaev will be arrested alive and I want him to be in the court so we want know about why they commit as act of terrorism - use bombing to kill few people but injured many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back