Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
update -

1. Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev (Suspect #2)'s twitter? - https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_

2. MIT officer who was killed - 26 year old man. Sean Collier of Somerville.

3. much of news "live feed" of cops searching neighborhood is actually a delay because the suspect on the run may be benefiting from realtime info to escape

4. Suspect #1 - Tamerlan Tsarnaev - http://www.bu.edu/com/comment/library/downloads/2010_comment.pdf
Tamerlan Tsarnaev is a boxer from Chechnya who currently trains at the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Tsarnaev enters national Golden Gloves competitions in hopes that he might be selected for the next U.S. Olympic team and become a naturalized American.

9:48 a.m. ET: The University of Massachusetts Amherst says "Suspect No. 1" was NOT a student. "Dzhokhar Tsarnaey is not a UMass Amherst student and was never a UMass Amherst student," the university posted on its website. Earlier police said that Tsarnaey, 26, was killed. His younger brother remains at large.

Mother Jones is reporting that Tamerlan appears to have posted a video to his YouTube playlist extolling an extremist religious prophecy associated with Al Qaeda. - Boston Bombing Suspect Posted Video on Al Qaeda Prophecy on YouTube | Mother Jones

11 minutes ago
Source says activity in #NiagaraFalls is routine traffic stop. vehicle has Mass. plates. Extensive search out of caution. Nothing found yet

4 minutes ago
From WGRZ twitter: Police have searched vehicle with Mass. plates in #NiagaraFalls. Mayor Dyster says people inside vehicle are U.S. citizens.

the usual way is using women called Black Widows who forced into suicide bombing,the thought sickning

Fugitive could turn out to be acquitted. Please check in CNN, FBI already called him fugitive, there is term fugitive used already.
Again Fugitive does not mean guilty of crime, just run away from crime scene and escape from court appearance.

No report yet on FBI Most Wanted Fugitives for one suspect.

...and something doesn't add up. the news said he's 19 years old..... and he's a pre-med student? he must be a genius.
The father in Russia said that his son was a pre-med student. It's possible that the father didn't use the proper terminology (not understanding the path that American medical students take), he was misquoted in translation, or it's possible that his son lied to him.

The father in Russia said that his son was a pre-med student. It's possible that the father didn't use the proper terminology (not understanding the path that American medical students take), he was misquoted in translation, or it's possible that his son lied to him.

yes. both uncle and father are giving conflicting/confusing stories about the Tsarnaev Brothers. just saw from FOX 5 that former DHS official(?) is saying that both brothers are Muslim. the caption went too fast and I missed out exactly who said that but I did see that he used to work under Bush Administration.

Anything is possible...

Even there was case where 12 years old murdered 6 years old. Crime does not see age discrimination, education background. Even rich people commit crimes too.

When there is conflicting or confusing stories, it means one of them isn't telling the truth. No guilty party will be able to give out straight story.

yes. both uncle and father are giving conflicting/confusing stories about the Tsarnaev Brothers. just saw from FOX 5 that former DHS official(?) is saying that both brothers are Muslim.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/04/19/us/boston-marathon-manhunt.html?hp
boston_friday_morning_version4a.png

http://www.lohud.com/article/201304...ey=mod|breaking|text|Frontpage&nclick_check=1
WATERTOWN, MASS. — The uncle of the dead bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, told The Journal News Friday that his nephew phoned him at 7 p.m. Thursday night, for the first time in about two years.

The call came just a couple of hours before Tsarnaev was shot dead.

“He said, ‘I love you and forgive me,’” said the uncle, Alvi Tsarnaev, who lives in Montgomery Village, Md.

But he wasn’t seeking forgiveness for the bombing. Rather, he was asking for forgiveness because he hadn’t spoken to him in so long.

“We were not talking for a long time because there were some problems,” he said, without elaborating. “We were not happy with each other.”

They spoke for about five minutes, he said. Tamerlan, who is Muslim, started out by saying, “Salam Aleikum,” an Arabic greeting meaning “peace on you.” He then praised his uncle for keeping up with his Muslim prayers.

They talked about family. He said Tamerlan has relatives in the United States and his father is in Russia.

Amputee willing to talk and offer support to anyone who lost a leg in yesterday's explosions, PM me for contact info and I will do as much as I can : boston
I'm from Cincinnati, OH so I was trying to think of ways I could help those affected by the explosions at the Boston Marathon yesterday and I realized since many people lost limbs and I have been a below-knee amputee for almost 20 years, one thing I can do is offer to talk to and comfort people who became amputees as a result of yesterday's tragedy.

Without a doubt, losing a limb is difficult for anyone but I imagine it must be absolutely devastating for those who are passionate enough about running to participate in/complete the Boston Marathon to lose a leg since legs are essential to running.

Since it was my leg that was amputated and not my arm, I'm afraid I can't offer as much advice to those who have lost arms because I can only speak from experience but I really encourage other amputees to reach out and talk to people to let them know that it will take some time, strength and work but it will get better soon. The technology and medical expertise we have today in combination with the power of human adaptation can yield extraordinary results.

So if you know someone who could use someone to talk to, PM me with contact info and I'll do whatever I can to help. I hope others will join me as well.

Reba - I think your SIL should join the cause too!

fugitive? for what crime?

he's not a fugitive. he's a suspect. fugitive typically means he's a convicted felon who has escaped from jail or police.

One policeman was killed and another is in the hospital from the shoot out . The guy is a fugitive, and the whole city of Boston is in lockdown. A friend of mine called
and said her daughter who lives in Boston can't leave her home.

One policeman was killed and another is in the hospital from the shoot out . The guy is a fugitive, and the whole city of Boston is in lockdown. A friend of mine called
and said her daughter who lives in Boston can't leave her home.

we have had dozens of suspects on the run who have shot police officers probably on daily basis. are they called fugitives? and beside - we don't know if Suspect #2 was involved in that situation.

1. news update by CBS - a grey honda CRV has been found but suspect's not in it.

2. H&N’s Robin Young: I’ve Met The Suspect | Here & Now
0419_hn_robin-photo-624x415.jpg

Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev (left) and Here & Now host Robin Young’s nephew (right) are pictured in a Cambridge Rindge and Latin graduation photo. Tsarnaev has been identified as the surviving suspect in the marathon bombings. (Courtesy: Robin Young)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back