Exotic Wild Animal Escaped from Ohio Farm

I agree with Beach Girl and Dixie.

Exotic animals aren't playthings, just to have privately because someone "can" .
They are non-domesticated, feeling beings with emotional and physical needs and wants. Very little of which have to do with humans.

Just having a lot of handling experience with an animal also doesn't make one actually knowledgeable about the behavior and needs.

I have mixed feelings about zoos and sadly reputable sanctuaries are around because of this kind of thing in OH.

In our neighborhood, we're not allowed any animals except fish, birds, cats, and dogs. Even then, there is a limit of two cats/dogs per household.

I wish that I could have an egg-laying hen but it's not allowed. :(

In this city, we are allowed to own up to five pets.

One Deaf lady that I know in real life once owned 20 pet cats in her two bedroom apartment until she was told to get ride of many of them by the city.

This reminds me of the woman in Connecticut who owned the chimpanzee that mauled her friend. That poor woman had to get a face transplant, and is permanently blind. :(

Right. It is such a tragedy. The chimpanzees cannot be kept as pets when they reach five years old. The said chimpanzee was 15 years old at that time of attack.

A few years ago I went to a fair in a town and saw a booth which had an old man with a chimpanzee. The man was ancient and so was the chimp. It seemed unhappy at having its picture taken with kids. My blood ran cold.

The story gets weirder.

The news said that the guy shot himself next to a pile of chickens. He wanted his animals to eat him after death. He had big cat teeth marks on his head.

Ugh!

Strangely enough, I wouldn't mind giving my dead body to the animals for them to eat. I mean, I feel like my body is a waste of meat!!!

However, I wouldn't do it because those who love me (or, at least, I think they love me) wouldn't be able to handle the thought.

Strangely enough, I wouldn't mind giving my dead body to the animals for them to eat. I mean, I feel like my body is a waste of meat!!!

However, I wouldn't do it because those who love me (or, at least, I think they love me) wouldn't be able to handle the thought.

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out.
The worms crawl in your ears and out your snout. :giggle:

uh-oh. exhibiting early symptom of animal hoarding. intervention is necessary.

LOL what? I love it when you misunderstand everything. So funny that there's no need for me to explain or clarify any further because you'll just keep misunderstanding me.

You're in favor of people being allowed to own exotic wild animals and by doing that you're supporting the black market! I understand very well that you do not care that animals are dying because people have no idea how to care for them. And you're very naive if you think the cities and towns can afford to check up on people owning exotic wild animals ! Most towns can't afford to have a full time ACO to check up on people that abuse their dogs and cats, so where is
the money going to come from to check on exotic wild animals. People can't afford to keep their domestic pets, the shelters are filled with homeless pets. And people are abandoned their pets on the streets. It cost a HELL of a lot more to feed a 500 lbs lion than a 12 lbs cat! What happen when a person can no longer afford to feed the cute baby lion that is now a 500 lbs lion? You can't bring it to shelter! Wild exotic wild animals do not belong in people backs yards!

In our neighborhood, we're not allowed any animals except fish, birds, cats, and dogs. Even then, there is a limit of two cats/dogs per household.

I wish that I could have an egg-laying hen but it's not allowed. :(

I am surprised a hen is not allowed... Wow. You have a pretty big lot too if I remember correctly.

I like ya....but I would be ok with it. :)

we just got the chicken ordinance. so far don't know anyone here who has some

uh-oh. exhibiting early symptom of animal hoarding. intervention is necessary.

We a had few cases of animal hoarding in my state and by the time the ACO was called the person had 50 dogs or cats in each case. I don't think you realize there is not enough money to check up on people! I had woman that lived next door to me and she was a hoarder ! She had so much craps in both bedrooms and had to sleep in the kitchen on a cot! Her own family did not know she stopped taking her meds. And she kept her shit too, all over the bathroom wall! The apartment smelled like real cheap perfume , that cost $5.00 for 2 gallons!

We a had few cases of animal hoarding in my state and by the time the ACO was called the person had 50 dogs or cats in each case. I don't think you realize there is not enough money to check up on people! I had woman that lived next door to me and she was a hoarder ! She had so much craps in both bedrooms and had to sleep in the kitchen on a cot! Her own family did not know she stopped taking her meds. And she kept her shit too, all over the bathroom wall! The apartment smelled like real cheap perfume , that cost $5.00 for 2 gallons!
Next door? Gross! :shock:

Back