Exotic Wild Animal Escaped from Ohio Farm

Did someone really kill him? I was not sure...thought it might have been natural causes....or even suicide...whatever the case, tho'. Letting those animals out, roaming the neighborhood, then having to be shot is terrible.

Did someone really kill him? I was not sure...thought it might have been natural causes....or even suicide...whatever the case, tho'. Letting those animals out, roaming the neighborhood, then having to be shot is terrible.

from what I read earlier - he released the Kraken and then killed himself. Because of this - police are forced to kill wild animals on loose.

:(

The owner committed suicide after he released them.

It pained my heart, but the police had no choice but killing those 48 animals for public safety's sake. Even the world renowned wildlife expert Jack Hanna supported their action. :(

I did not hear that on news ! How horrible! I wonder if he no longer afford to feed the animals and let them lose . If that was the case the guy could had called a zoo to take the animals. It pained my heart too! There need to a way to keep people from being able to buy exotic wild animals! This only made a bigger demand for a black market on exotic wild animals! This story is so heartbreaking. :(

Just saw on the news that the guy spent a year in prison on federal firearms charges. He had 5 illegally obtained machine guns. :shock: The police spokesperson on the news also said they always received calls about his animals whether they were running loose or the fact that his animals were kept in poor condition.

I am thankful that my state has banned exotic pet ownership, and has been that way for several years.

I just wished it became federal law that no one in the United States shall own an exotic animal as a pet. They are dangerous. I don't even like seeing exotic animals being used in the circus.

I agree; private individuals should not own exotic animals, especially not larger ones like tigers, lions, bears, wolves and so on.

This guy had been in trouble with the law off and on for years. Can you imagine living near someone keeping all these animals? You would never dare let your own animals or small children be outside unsupervised. Horrible situation all around.

The owner committed suicide after he released them.

It pained my heart, but the police had no choice but killing those 48 animals for public safety's sake. Even the world renowned wildlife expert Jack Hanna supported their action. :(

I just learned that they can't use tranquilizers at night time as it would make the animals worse. That is why they killed them instead of tranq them.

I don't understand why they had to kill the animals. There are so many animals that are extinct because of man killing them off! They could have tranquilized them and put them at a zoo or something. No need to murder them.

WOW!!! Can you believe this!?! Im in Licking County, only 40 miles away from Zanesville,OH.

I had to go outside last night in rain around 1am b/c my dog(rottweiler) sleeps in shed which looks like a barn. I closed the front and back doors just incase.

So far, they killed 18 tigers and 17 lions. They did saved 6 animals including young grizzly bear. :rockon: They all are at the Columbus Zoo thanks to Jack Hanna. He is devastated. He said this experience will haunt him for rest of his life. He also said he never seen anything like this. He drove all night b/c he was at Penn St.

The owner killed himself without a suicide letter. Get this, there is rumor some of the animals attacked his lifeless body and bit him. I think he did this just to get back at the law b/c the law kept an very close eye on him. He spend over $100,000 dollars just on cages and fencing. He was just released 3 weeks ago from prison. You know why, thanks to Dixie. Huge story all over on my local news. One animal was struck and killed on highway. :lol: Only one is missin', snow monkey with herpes B. :lol:

I went to all schools in Zanesville. I know that city very well. Unreal...

No, they really couldn't. It was night time, tranquilizers take some time to be effective, and it might make them worse. It's very sad, but they really had no choice.

Tranquilizers are used almost always under controlled circumstances where the animal cannot groggily wander around, and where vets and cages or other restraints are immediately available. In this case, unfortunately, the officers really had no choice.

As they say - you can take an animal out of the wild, but you can never take the wild out of the animal.

The guy even had baboons. Sadly, 18 bengal tigers had to be killed. They are an endangered species - only 24,000 exist in the world - er did up until now. :(

If there is one law I want Obama to sign while he's still in office it would be a federal ban on all exotic pets and all exotic pets must either be desexed and relinquished to certified sanctuaries and zoos or they must be humanely euthanized. At least animal sanctuaries and zoos must follow strict guidelines to keep their animals.

WOW!!! Can you believe this!?! Im in Licking County, only 40 miles away from Zanesville,OH.

I had to go outside last night in rain around 1am b/c my dog(rottweiler) sleeps in shed which looks like a barn. I closed the front and back doors just incase.

So far, they killed 18 tigers and 17 lions. They did saved 6 animals including young grizzly bear. :rockon: They all are at the Columbus Zoo thanks to Jack Hanna. He is devastated. He said this experience will haunt him for rest of his life. He also said he never seen anything like this. He drove all night b/c he was at Penn St.

The owner killed himself without a suicide letter. Get this, there is rumor some of the animals attacked his lifeless body and bit him. I think he did this just to get back at the law b/c the law kept an very close eye on him. He spend over $100,000 dollars just on cages and fencing. He was just released 3 weeks ago from prison. You know why, thanks to Dixie. Huge story all over on my local news. One animal was struck and killed on highway. :lol: Only one is missin', snow monkey with herpes B. :lol:
I went to all schools in Zanesville. I know that city very well. Unreal...

Not exactly funny. The virus can be deadly.

Not exactly funny. The virus can be deadly.

You are correct. It just sounded funny to me. :P

The owner was highly decorated Veitnam (sp?) veteran and his marriage was failin'. Cops had to put a blanket over his wife's head. It is mad crazy right now b/c of the media.

What the owner did was very wrong. :mad:

I'm with the authorities. If there is a 300+ pound bengal tiger running loose on our farm you had better bet your bippy that I am going to shoot to kill on sighting! That kind of animal just doesn't belong here. It's too dangerous.

I'm with the authorities. If there is a 300+ pound bengal tiger running loose on our farm you had better bet your bippy that I am going to shoot to kill on sighting! That kind of animal just doesn't belong here. It's too dangerous.

You'd better be a damned good shot! :giggle:

Back