Don't throw your TTY away!

There is always other way. Like my parent in law don't have high speed internet for their area and thought no way to access to high speed interent but they were wrong. I showed them to use VZ's MIFI or USB to connection and they did and very happy to have high speed internet thru VZ USB.

My wife used to have a wireless USB modem by VZ for her laptop and the monthly rate was $60. 20% of the time, the internet was down. After the contract expired, my son told her that she could connect her laptop to her smartphone for internet to save money so she did. It works for her.

You think it's always happen at 100% of stay home? It's happen to me before when my tire got flat or broke down and I texted/emailed to boss/HR to let them know I will come late or whatever when I was 20 miles away from the home.

Mobile was fuckedup? Let me guess it's sidekick under T-mobile? That's make sense to me. :giggle: That's why I never own sidekick all in my life.

What's if your TTY fucked up or landline down?

Landline down? RARELY! (maybe once in 20 years) Internet down? USUALLY!
My 15 years old TTY could be fucked up but so far so good. I can't text/email to my workplace, USPS because it doesn't have a mobile number and email address.

Yeah, I think Carl had a T-Mobile Sidekick at that time.

I don't use TTYs for 3 years. One fancy tty broke, other had hardware failure and 3rd was sold to Canadian gal. I use VP exclusively and text often. I do have landline and have 3 kids to terp for me (that's rare occasion)

I'm just tired of TTY problems I had for 25 years and glad it's gone out of my house~!!

I have no such regret.

Like Post from Hell say "This does not regret me taking my TTY to a shooting range. "

I would shoot it with 12 guage shotgun and see em 'explode"

:rofl:

Catty

Catty

During a home invasion I would tell the bad guy "Hold on a sec, lemme get a pen and paper" And hand him a scribbled note stating "Let me call the cops because I have a bad guy in the house" or something to that effect.

:)

Ask him to call the cops for you. :D

During a home invasion I would tell the bad guy "Hold on a sec, lemme get a pen and paper" And hand him a scribbled note stating "Let me call the cops because I have a bad guy in the house" or something to that effect.

:)
Let him "read" this: :rifle:

I threw out my TTY years and years ago. Not one ounce of regret over it.

Question here.....Do Police Stations/jails have a TTY ??....Here where I live, yes they do....and once a Police Officer asked me for my #, and said do you have a TTY ??...So, they are still using TTY's....and the # for the Deaf to call is a TTY number.....what's up here?

If you are still confused, please look under Deaf Products & Technologies on AD's home page and it says No Advertising Allowed. The video on that link is an advertisement, isn't it?

So that's why I said it in the first place. I was just joking. However if you didn't mean it to be an advertisement, then I am sorry, my bad.

If you are still confused, please look under Deaf Products & Technologies on AD's home page and it says No Advertising Allowed. The video on that link is an advertisement, isn't it?

So that's why I said it in the first place. I was just joking. However if you didn't mean it to be an advertisement, then I am sorry, my bad.
Well, I'm not selling anything. Someone mentioned the program without any description, so I provided the link that I found.

Question here.....Do Police Stations/jails have a TTY ??....Here where I live, yes they do....and once a Police Officer asked me for my #, and said do you have a TTY ??...So, they are still using TTY's....and the # for the Deaf to call is a TTY number.....what's up here?

That's right. Many places still have their TTY numbers like Kasier (my health care provider), credit card companies, government agencies (IRS, USPS, SSA, ADA), utilites companies and so forth.

What's up with that? Well, some of us still use our TTYs. That is our choice.

Other people threw theirs away. That is their choice.

Edited: I prefer TTY calls since I don't like IPRelay because it limits the holding time.

Then the deaf, when need to call the Police...how's that gonna work if the police doesn't have a VP, and I'm sure they do not Text......

So how's that gonna work for the deafies?....Not to say "get a hearie to call the police"....no way!...

Robin, to call the police, I would just use my VP.....the police don't need to have a VP since there's an interpreter involved in the call.

Then the deaf, when need to call the Police...how's that gonna work if the police doesn't have a VP, and I'm sure they do not Text......

So how's that gonna work for the deafies?....Not to say "get a hearie to call the police"....no way!...

You can make a VRS call to the police instead. Texting requires a mobile number or instant messenger like AIM (using a screen name). The police doesn't provide them nor does my workplace, USPS.

Robin, to call the police, I would just use my VP.....the police don't need to have a VP since there's an interpreter involved in the call.

OIC....ur right about that....but time urself....which is faster....dialing the "direct" police number for the deaf (TTY), (not having to go thru relay)....having the officer respond after 2-3 rings, typing ur name, nature of emergency and address....without having to go thru an intreprtor via VP...

You would have to (using VP)....tell the intreprtor what number you want to call...wait until they dial it...sign ur name, ur emergency....wait for the intrepretor to voice that to the officer... etc.

I believe TTY is faster!...Where I live they have several officers who man the TTY's (are knowledgeable of their use)...and whenever I've had to call, it only took 2 rings before it was answered....

Back