Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
A quick look at the poll right now I see that 5 people are in support of a cure for deafness while 5 otheres do not support a cure for deafness.

Interesting.

Clarify please.

Ok, a cure was found and is offered to deaf people but culturally Deaf people dont take it. Then hearing people find out about it and wonder why Deaf people dont take the cure as to them, being deaf must be so horrible. Then, politicans get involved and policies are created because there is a cure so deaf people dont need to get ADA support and etc so deaf people dont get jobs because of that view despite being qualified for the jobs. SSI gets cut because there is a "cure" and so on. That is what I am talking about...

I have already encountered those attitudes about CIs by hearing people. The statement was "Deaf people should get CIs to improve themselves."

Pretty dangerous kind of thinking, IMO.

Jiro and Kokonut, give it up about answering the question. It is boring. :roll:

What people fail to realize that if a cure does come out and then great people have the option. Sounds all rosy, doesnt it? Nope...it would make society oppress those who remain deaf even more.

WOW!!!!!! So you are saying you want to deny people the possibility to hear because you don't want to be healed and you are worried that you will be more oppressed. That may be the most insanely selfish thing I have ever read.

You would rather keep people down so that your life would be easier than allow some that hope for a miracle to reach their dream. That is just.....WOW

Nyet. You've not made it clear in....here. Your purpose is to avoid a direct answer.

oh? I suppose that you like to answer questions for others? Comical.... Avoiding to give a direct answer.... I gave you a specific link that stated my stance in this issue.

but you didn't give me a direct answer my question in other thread. comical.......

this thread has been....
fkuzo8.jpg

*it's a pix of man with beard wearing mexican sombrella hat, smiling with a thumb up - "interesante historia, ese" in spanish

A quick look at the poll right now I see that 5 people are in support of a cure for deafness while 5 otheres do not support a cure for deafness.

Interesting.

You have to remember that there are thousands and thousands of culturally Deaf people who do not support a cure for deafness out there who are not AD members .

WOW!!!!!! So you are saying you want to deny people the possibility to hear because you don't want to be healed and you are worried that you will be more oppressed. That may be the most insanely selfish thing I have ever read.

You would rather keep people down so that your life would be easier than allow some that hope for a miracle to reach their dream. That is just.....WOW

You are nuts and just making projections...:roll:

You have to remember that there are thousands and thousands of culturally Deaf people who do not support a cure for deafness out there who are not AD members .

And there are millions more who do support for the cure of deafness.

Nice jumping to conclusion there.

Problem is that a lot of people try to apply the things that work for post-lingual to pre-lingual folks.

if you look at several other threads, shel said no such thing. it's getting tiring to get new ADers up to speed on current ADers' stances on this related issue without knowing whole story first. Best I can suggest for you and other new ADers is to read old threads especially the locked one :)

You can start with the 2 links I provided in the beginning of this thread

oh? I suppose that you like to answer questions for others? Comical.... Avoiding to give a direct answer.... I gave you a specific link that stated my stance in this issue.

but you didn't give me a direct answer my question in other thread. comical.......

A link is not a specific answer in....here. Nice try tho'.

Just realized his stance is similar to the 3rd and 4th generation mixed First Nations... They're so diluted, they don't give a damn about their ancestors or their grandparents' culture.

What I think is funny. Is he's almost making it sound like if there was a 'cure' found for deafness, that suddenly *POOF* the deaf culture along with the use of ASL would disappear, or cease to exist. The culture and language would still be around.

And I am a hearie and I would be PROUD to be included into the deaf culture.

Sorry...i am not slamming you Souggy...I keep forgetting that the original quote isn't included. I will change it in the future.

Back