Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
Sometime discoveries do come in "accidents". For instance, wasn't AG Bell trying to invent some hearing devices for the deaf when he came up with the telephone?

Sometime discoveries do come in "accidents". For instance, wasn't AG Bell trying to invent some hearing devices for the deaf when he came up with the telephone?

Yep, that's correct.

At the present there is NO known "cure for deafness". This leads to : what to do in one's present circumstances: Hearing Aids/Cochlear Implants/ASL ( other sign systems)/everything written out OR live in silence. One's life choice.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Hrmm...I don't really suffer from tinnitus at all.....and I'm still ambivalent about a cure for deafness, especially if it happens in my lifetime. It's like, a part of me wants the cure while another part of me rejects it.

If many people opt for cure for deafness, especially for their babies...soon...deafness will be even a *more* invisible disability as time goes on, with less awareness and support for those deaf people who chose to remain deaf, right?

Back