Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
Mine is 24/7......I even have it in the right ear even though everything was removed. What I seem to have that I have never heard anyone mention is about 15-20 different sounds going on at the same time. It's like a really bad concert. I do notice that they are much quieter when I cut back on caffine.

This, but mine is in mine left ear. I hear it all day, all night. Ive grown accustomed to it. I dont even think about it anymore. I dont hear so many different pitches, but there are about 5 I can break down

. I think at some point in the future most (if not all) medical maladies (cancer, chicken pox, etc.) would be eradicated by whatever (medical) technology is available then.

I would love to know that they found a cure for NFII, although it wouldnt help me I would know that nobody else would have to suffer through all of the negativity that comes with it

I thought there is a reason why we were born deaf or hard of hearing, even for someone who became late deafened as a child or a adult. What about other disabilities that can not be cure and have to live with these disabilities no matter what?

We should be open arm to deafness or hard of hearing no matter what. If hearing parents are so obsess to having us get fix on our cochlear, then we can become like a borg. Beside, no one is perfect so that mean there is no mistake about it all. We just have to live within our visual world (use our eyes). Sign language for the deaf is all over the world for them to communicate with a lot easy to comprehend.

I just hope there is no cure as trying to fix deaf children or deaf adult when they could have suffer if this turn out that it does not work for them. Just accept them for who they are as deaf people, not try to fit into the hearing world in education and social settings which is kind of hard to grasp. That is my opinion. :hmm:

I thought there is a reason why we were born deaf or hard of hearing, even for someone who became late deafened as a child or a adult. What about other disabilities that can not be cure and have to live with these disabilities no matter what?

We should be open arm to deafness or hard of hearing no matter what. If hearing parents are so obsess to having us get fix on our cochlear, then we can become like a borg. Beside, no one is perfect so that mean there is no mistake about it all. We just have to live within our visual world (use our eyes). Sign language for the deaf is all over the world for them to communicate with a lot easy to comprehend.

I just hope there is no cure as trying to fix deaf children or deaf adult when they could have suffer if this turn out that it does not work for them. Just accept them for who they are as deaf people, not try to fit into the hearing world in education and social settings which is kind of hard to grasp. That is my opinion. :hmm:

ASL is the cure for deafness...no surgery, no machines in the body! All pure as gold! :naughty:

ASL is the cure for deafness...no surgery, no machines in the body! All pure as gold! :naughty:

:gpost:

I agree with you with all my heart. Sign languages is the cure for deafness for many deaf nationalities all over the world. :cool2:

Yeppers, no surgery and no extremely expensive devices that they could not afford. All the doctors, surgeons, and audiologists care about is money, money and money all the time. And as for stem cells, there is no way to get it fix and :Oops: the surgeons will make mistakes on trying to fix it. :roll:

Kind of like wishing that a cure for vision impairment or blindness will never happen?

Guys, no offense, but there WILL be a "cure" for sensori-neural hearing loss, as well as other nerve damage, within our lifetime (or at least my lifetime). It's going to happen. Be realistic.

Just saying...

Guys, no offense, but there WILL be a "cure" for sensori-neural hearing loss, as well as other nerve damage, within our lifetime (or at least my lifetime). It's going to happen. Be realistic.

Just saying...

I agree...... My Dr believes it will happen in the coming decade. :dunno:

And, boy, when it does come people will flock to that. Parents will make doubly sure their baby get the treatment and grow up hearing.

Wirelessly posted

TheWriteAlex said:

Just saying...

Yeah... that is why most people favor of recovering/curing various disabilities at early stages of the pregnancy or after birth. (Or later after birth).

Really, I don't understand why is this ability is more important than that disability...

I agree...... My Dr believes it will happen in the coming decade. :dunno:

My audi said back in '99 or so that it was about 10 years away, but then Bush cut all the funding for stem cell research. Set it back about ten years.

Mine is 24/7......I even have it in the right ear even though everything was removed. What I seem to have that I have never heard anyone mention is about 15-20 different sounds going on at the same time. It's like a really bad concert. I do notice that they are much quieter when I cut back on caffine.

I like the Sweden plan btw :laugh2:. My friend would be pissed.

on caffeine and tinnitus: yes, it does help to cut back. I noticed that would help a lot. And not as much beer either. Or really loud music by headphones, which I still do use at work to drown out all the other annoying sounds in the office.

Wirelessly posted

deafgal001 said:
Wirelessly posted

Yeah... that is why most people favor of recovering/curing various disabilities at early stages of the pregnancy....

that's just weird to me because it's like aborted embryos (for stem cells) to cure embryos.

Ah, I don't mean that my post sounds like an abortion. It's not my intention! :shock: I mean, some doctors can fix their disabilities like spinal, deformed legs, or something like that -- in the pregnancy. Of course, after birth, they would do recovering/curing the damages of something. OK, I know I'm not good with words. Do you know what I mean?

Wirelessly posted

Ah, I don't mean that my post sounds like an abortion. It's not my intention! :shock: I mean, some doctors can fix their disabilities like spinal, deformed legs, or something like that -- in the pregnancy. Of course, after birth, they would do recovering/curing the damages of something. OK, I know I'm not good with words. Do you know what I mean?

ok, I thought we were talking about stem cells (which they use embryos in some cases) and I just think it is weird if it does happen. Not at your post . Yes, I've heard of doctors doing stuffs like that.

I won't believe in any cure until it happens. I'm hopeful, but I know it's a bit unrealistic to assume it'll happen "soon".

Wirelessly posted

deafgal001 said:
Wirelessly posted

ok, I thought we were talking about stem cells (which they use embryos in some cases) and I just think it is weird if it does happen. Not at your post . Yes, I've heard of doctors doing stuffs like that.

Yeah. :) It is so interesting how doctors can do something to help unborn or born children with their disability(ies).

Back