Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
I don't know I am born, I think so possible guess fever hit hearing loss become deafness.. I don't remember... I ask my grandma know aware, I don't expert to my history.. My family expert to know question deafness

If I was cured from deafness, I think I would have to have therapy or something...deafness has shaped me as a person and it has shaped my way of life...to suddenly be able to hear, it would be very confusing on many levels.

Maybe we all should support a cure for titannus. It seems to be harder to deal with than deafness.

Oh yes. That would be great if there is a tinnius supporter goin on. I have several deaf friends who got serious bad tinnitus. i feel bad for them.

I wonder.... ok I know this is a stupid question but if laser eye surgery can correct vision.... I wonder if something similar can be done with the ear. Now I'm not saying that deafness is something that needs to be cured. It should be an option for those who want to hear. IMO though, sometimes silence is a bliss :D

I wonder.... ok I know this is a stupid question but if laser eye surgery can correct vision.... I wonder if something similar can be done with the ear. Now I'm not saying that deafness is something that needs to be cured. It should be an option for those who want to hear. IMO though, sometimes silence is a bliss :D
To tell you the truth, I've heard of laser treatments for the deaf or for those with an hearing loss. But I guess one also has to be very careful of those things.

I'll say yes that there should be a cure then see where to go from there. Although if it were come to fruition, not all with an hearing loss should be expected to take that route. Some could stay with the way they are.

I'll say yes that there should be a cure then see where to go from there. Although if it were come to fruition, not all with an hearing loss should be expected to take that route. Some could stay with the way they are.

They will keep trying regardless of what you or I say...

My hearing loss gene is causing problems in other parts of my body. I'm more interested in curing the other problems. Hearing loss does not cause pain like other ailments. If someone comes up with a cure for my "mutant defect," I'll take it, including the hearing. Let me know because I'm not sitting around waiting for a cure.

We will not see it in our lifetime.

Yup, I agree with you.

Cure the deafness isn't possible, even if someone expects that cure the deafness by stem cell.

If you cannot accept to being deafness so go see to ENT and consider getting cochlear implant.

Lifetime is different.

If you're 60 or so, you'd got less than 20 years (on average) to live. Will a cure for certain form of deafness be attained? It's possible. Already studies have shown that transplanted cochlear stem cells were able to migrate to the injured site within the cochlea. The transplanted cells differentiated into cells with internal ear functions to improve hearing in rat models of sensorineural hearing loss. We are learning. And stem cell study for sensorineural hearing loss is a big and rapidly growing field of interest.

If you're 40 or so, you'd got less than 40 years (on average) to live. Will a cure for a certain form of deafness be attained in that amount of time? I'd say, yes, by this time we should have something very tangible for people with hearing loss to take advantage of.

If your're 20 or so, you'd got less than 60 years (on average) to live. Will a cure for a certain form of deafness be attained in that amount of time? I'd say, yes.

This "our lifetime" is not somebody else's lifetime since one person's lifetime is already 3/4 spent while others have already spent 1/4th of their lifetime so far.

I don't think there ever will be a cure.

I mean we don't even have cures today unless you are Jesus.

I do. I just don't think it's coming anytime soon. Probably not in our lifetime. But when I think of all the advances that have been made (think back to when TVs, radio, phones, cars, etc. didn't exist) in a very short time, we've come an unbelievably long way. I think at some point in the future most (if not all) medical maladies (cancer, chicken pox, etc.) would be eradicated by whatever (medical) technology is available then.

Back