Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
I do support cure for deafness and that clearly means CURE, not just treating but literally cure deafness without problems.

Deaf people who don't support the cure are just being Deafy and that's all. Deafness is something that needs to be cured. You're born with ears and you're SUPPOSED to hear.

If you are cured of deafness, you wouldn't give a damn about Deaf Culture or ASL - it is useless and that scares Deaf people.

Hey, what about other disabilities that can not be cured either. It is a very sensitive body that I care about very much and be natural is what I strive. Beside, it is not going to work if you are referring to stem cell. Yes, we are scare of not having any Deaf Culture and ASL that we love very much. Don't give the word "damn" to our Deaf Culture and ASL. I voted NO. :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :roll:

Hey, what about other disabilities that can not be cured either. It is a very sensitive body that I care about very much and be natural is what I strive. Beside, it is not going to work if you are referring to stem cell. Yes, we are scare of not having any Deaf Culture and ASL that we love very much. Don't give the word "damn" to our Deaf Culture and ASL. I voted NO. :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :deaf: :roll:

This is in general about a cure for deafness. Nothing specific about stem cells, gene therapy or whatever.

I'm sure they know my stance on this issue but you don't? especially after I answered your question a few times?

They don't own any crystal balls. Plus, new members come in here all the time. You haven't answered the question by commenting in here and make it *explicitly* clear. Evade if wish.

They don't own any crystal balls. Plus, new members come in here all the time. You haven't answered the question by commenting in here and make it *explicitly* clear. Evade if wish.

I have not evade no such thing. There is no crystal ball in here, silly but there is my simple answer in http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids-cochlear-implants/73496-im-sad-missed-ci-user-members-ad.html and http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids-cochlear-implants/72633-stem-cell-available-kansas-city.html

:cool2: You may go ahead and try to spin it in any way you want but the solid evidence is right there in those 2 links.

Being Deafy? What kind of remark is that?

Deafy as... glorifying deafness and thinking that it's not a disability and all that. I don't accept that. I mean being able to connect with other people based on common grounds is great and being able to communicate with ASL which was created as a result of deafness is cool but if I were hearing, I wouldn't give a damn about this forum. I'd probably be busy having a normal life. I'd definitely rather be hearing than be deaf although I am at this point of my life that I cannot imagine being a normal hearing person.

But I would never wish deafness on someone.

Because this has already been discussed plenty in another threads, I have the feeling this thread was just created to stir up a hornets nest and no other reason

I have not evade no such thing. There is no crystal ball in here, silly but there is my simple answer in http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids-cochlear-implants/73496-im-sad-missed-ci-user-members-ad.html and http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids-cochlear-implants/72633-stem-cell-available-kansas-city.html

:cool2: You may go ahead and try to spin it in any way you want but the solid evidence is right there in those 2 links.

Not gonna work.

Others already have answered and made it clear here for ALL to see. No wading. No figuring it out. We have "Hell, no!" to "Yes" to "I don't give a damn!" They didn't evade. And that's the crux of what this thread is about.

Deafy as... glorifying deafness and thinking that it's not a disability and all that. I don't accept that. I mean being able to connect with other people based on common grounds is great and being able to communicate with ASL which was created as a result of deafness is cool but if I were hearing, I wouldn't give a damn about this forum. I'd probably be busy having a normal life. I'd definitely rather be hearing than be deaf although I am at this point of my life that I cannot imagine being a normal hearing person.

Blame Stoke.

Not gonna work.
not sure what you mean by that :dunno:

Others already have answered and made it clear here for ALL to see. No wading. No figuring it out. We have "Hell, no!" to "Yes" to "I don't give a damn!" They didn't evade. And that's the crux of what this thread is about.

good for you and good for them. Suffice to say - I've already answered your question. Just that you didn't find it satisfactory enough for you. :)

That's how you feel and you are entitled to that but pls do not make degrading remarks about people who feel differently than you do. That's how society looks down on us..if you accept that kind of insult, then you are contributing to the oppression of deaf people.

Because this has already been discussed plenty in another threads, I have the feeling this thread was just created to stir up a hornets nest and no other reason

it's so obvious, right? :lol: Guess today holiday is his worst holiday :lol:

You haven't answered the question in here, Jiro. That's the point.

Hey, what about other disabilities that can not be cured either. It is a very sensitive body that I care about very much and be natural is what I strive. Beside, it is not going to work if you are referring to stem cell. Yes, we are scare of not having any Deaf Culture and ASL that we love very much. Don't give the word "damn" to our Deaf Culture and ASL.

Other disabilities should be cured as well.

But remember, even if there's a cure for deafness NOW, you WILL never live to see the deaf culture totally wiped out because it takes many years to acquire ASL and Deaf culture and if you're cured of deafness, you'd NOT going to be just hearing and forget ASL/Deaf Culture/Deaf friends.... they'll be with you forever.

But it's different when you want the next generation to be better than your generation.

How can you be certain stem cells will not work. They have been very effective in treating other disorders. A police officer here in Dallas who suffers from MS has had amazing results. He has hearing loss as a complication of his MS and has regained some of his hearing through stem cells. One thing I am sure of though. A negative attitude will not cure anything.

I apologize Koko. I realize we are talking about a cure in general but the pesimism in this post rubbed me the wrong way.

Not gonna work.

Nuts.

Back