Do you support a cure for deafness?

Do you support a cure for deafness?

• Total voters
How can you be certain stem cells will not work. They have been very effective in treating other disorders. A police officer here in Dallas who suffers from MS has had amazing results. He has hearing loss as a complication of his MS and has regained some of his hearing through stem cells. One thing I am sure of though. A negative attitude will not cure anything.

I apologize Koko. I realize we are talking about a cure in general but the pesimism in this post rubbed me the wrong way.

Take it all with a grain of salt, sir. You'll survive. :)

That's how you feel and you are entitled to that but pls do not make degrading remarks about people who feel differently than you do. That's how society looks down on us..if you accept that kind of insult, then you are contributing to the oppression of deaf people.

Just realized his stance is similar to the 3rd and 4th generation mixed First Nations... They're so diluted, they don't give a damn about their ancestors or their grandparents' culture.

Just realized his stance is similar to the 3rd and 4th generation mixed First Nations... They're so diluted, they don't give a damn about their ancestors or their grandparents' culture.

What people fail to realize that if a cure does come out and then great people have the option. Sounds all rosy, doesnt it? Nope...it would make society oppress those who remain deaf even more.

shoulda have known that humor is not your strongest feature.... :aw: I'll go easy on you

well with this poll i was hoping to find a bunch of great orgainzations people have been supporting that deal with the deaf community, but instead i just read a bunch of blabbering......
any organizations out there???

Nope. You....didn't. Just two links. Just say the word in here...and not be bashful about it.

bashful? but I answered your question. Is there a specific requirement on answering your question?

How can you be certain stem cells will not work. They have been very effective in treating other disorders. A police officer here in Dallas who suffers from MS has had amazing results. He has hearing loss as a complication of his MS and has regained some of his hearing through stem cells.

You're deafdude1?

What people fail to realize that if a cure does come out and then great people have the option. Sounds all rosy, doesnt it? Nope...it would make society oppress those who remain deaf even more.

Theoretically so.

It's because of several compounding factors that led up to less use of ISL rather than simply not giving a damn about their grandparent's culture. I pointed those out in my blog with this link.

http://www.epcc.edu/Portals/126/curriculum/pdf/4B.pdf

Back