Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out...

BigSpike said:
It is worthless to make any agrue with you any further, I even could correct the information...
I don't think you could, so this is why you are running away.

BigSpike said:
but you chose to disrespect and laugh at what we believed in with your philosophy perspective.
I have not disrepected what you believe in. And you do not speak for anyone but you yourself, so drop the 'we' bullshit.

BigSpike said:
This quote isnt show this I am losing...you are putting yourself into countless of debate, I got important things in my life than breathing out words...
Yet, for some reason you can preach but you cannot discuss rationally. Fair enough.

BigSpike said:
I can correct but your timing isnt my timing...I am thankful toward God for great things in my life in time of good and bad. And I see why you are quoting this why people are ignoring your posting...
Oh, i am sorry, i thought this was a debate forum. Please inform the moderators that since nobody wants to debate, they should rename it to Bigspike's preaching forum, and i will not make the mistake that people want to hear more than one side of the story. :deal:

BigSpike said:
maybe they arent interest in your debate.
You running away is all the evidence i need to prove that fundamental christians do not like to analyze their beliefs, so they should not wander in the debate forum, for that will risk the danger of thinking and intelligent reflection. :laugh2:

BigSpike said:
And two things I can tell you, leave me alone and I will leave you alone, second May Lord bless your soul. PS You are no longer as concern to me....
Odd, you say on one hand that may the Lord bless my soul and on the other, i am no longer a concern to you. Which is it?

Ah well, cheers mate. :cheers:

Banjo said:
You can ask me a question, but I have no intention of answering the question you recently asked me because I don't find it to be a logical question and that it has nothing to do with what I just said.

What ever did I say that gave you the impression that the bible is doomed?

What did I say to give people the impression that GOd's word is doomed?

I didn't. But what I am saying is that we, human beings are capable of destroying Earth ourselves which may make a conflict with God's plans to end the world the way he wants to.

We blew up some cities in Japan causing hundreds of thousands of deaths back in 1945, did God take a part in it? No, the Americans did.

Did God take a part in the 3,000 deaths at WTC on September 11, 2001? No, the terrorists did.

Did God take a part in the thousands of deaths at Pearl Harbour back in 1941? No, the Japanese pilots did.

Did God take a part in the 6 million deaths of Jews during the Holocaust? No, Hitler and his followers did.

Did God stop them?

No. He cannot stop them because they are human beings who are perfectly capable of conquering and destroying countries.

All of these awful crimes were done by us, human beings! It shows that we are capable of destroying Earth without having God doing it for us. That is why I warn people to not expect Judgment Day because we can create our own Judgment Day without God's help with the use of chemcial, nuclear, and many more forms of weapons.

The thing is, God can remain true to his words as long we don't get to it before he does.

I really don't feel challenged by your question. There are no answers because the Bible is a book filled with verses, with the potential of having truth to it.

A book cannot be doomed. But the race of Human Beings along with the Earth can be doomed if we choose to doom it. After all, we are human beings.

We fight our own wars.
Wow, AMENNN! I can see the God is dwell in this Man has head of these words which he spoke of.! He is a sign to you. He be like Nostradamus as one of all the prophets. AMENNN

Frisky Feline said:
The superior being may be the one who created the earth and universities to allow us human, animals and any other kinds of creatures

the answer is God is the superior being who created this earth to allow us to live on this earth by the choices we do make in life....

Everyone, Let me tell you somethings of words through you all, I saw the gods came out of you which you all worship. the gods will return into body of you, the gods be in heads will open your eyes to their eyes and open your mouth to their mouth like in revelations 16:13-14 back in Genesis 11:1 thru 9.. Judgment day is wicked People come on you. this is facts which you can't denying! That why I believed God was mansfest in the Flesh and Blood of Man like me... I am he..

The Heretic said:
I don't think you could, so this is why you are running away.

I have not disrepected what you believe in. And you do not speak for anyone but you yourself, so drop the 'we' bullshit.

Yet, for some reason you can preach but you cannot discuss rationally. Fair enough.

Oh, i am sorry, i thought this was a debate forum. Please inform the moderators that since nobody wants to debate, they should rename it to Bigspike's preaching forum, and i will not make the mistake that people want to hear more than one side of the story. :deal:

You running away is all the evidence i need to prove that fundamental christians do not like to analyze their beliefs, so they should not wander in the debate forum, for that will risk the danger of thinking and intelligent reflection. :laugh2:

Odd, you say on one hand that may the Lord bless my soul and on the other, i am no longer a concern to you. Which is it?

Ah well, cheers mate. :cheers:

Heretic,
There are several things I have to tell you, I am not runining away...I gave out my belief this is all, even I analyze my belief this are contrast to others' belief. I came to my belief this our God the supreme being are the eternity God with no beginning and end.

I had nothing against you, I enjoyed my discuss with you...nothing can change my belief this is all....often people would misunderstand when people making point out from their belief and walk away mean isnt losing the battle....sometime you have to "reload" the bullets under the command of commander at wise moment, do it make sense to you smile...

U are correct, this forum arent designed to preach...I had NO intend to preach to anyone but to present out my perspective and how I came to believe and walk by faith. I have been attacked by some people, I stood like house was build on strong foundation. The foolish man build the house on the sand then in the end...natural disaster threw it away...then where is the foundation :lol: it is the matter of fact.

Often of the time people would holler at themselve by telling why do God cause the mess toward earth? Is it God's fault, I will tell no....Mankind was born to be freewill...but it isnt God's will for them to be perished...unfortunately, man chose wrong path even it sound wise and right to them.

One thing I just wanted to correct you...Matthew is cheater and tax collecter as of course he is strong Jewish...and you pointed why it was written in different language through he is Jewish...can I correct you something...for similar, I am proudly of my own nationality and I know my forgien language as for example and lives in America...I would like to write a book based on inspiritation or novel, something...do I write in my own nationality's language during I am living in America? Would Publisher understand my nationality's language? No! So I knew this I am living in America and their primary language is english, so therefore I write english in order to draw the attention of people to understand what book was speaking out about. Get my point? I hope it do smile.

I came to faith in Lord NOT because of something I saw...it is something I experienced miracle, gathering of evidence of faith manifested to me, and how God saved me from near death. I have indebt thankful to God and my wife.

Let me clarify with you "no longer concern me" dont mean I am dismissing your comment or who u are...but I just wanted to leave who you are, sometime it is not worth to fire out of your breath, just save for something important...I give you blessing from God because I had nothing against and being nice to you smile...do it clarify you. You said "we" I am speaking of my wife and me not you. I hope it clear up everything...I will remain as part of AD.com....you speak out freely on your own freewill...we dont make you to do it...it is based on what you see and think then speak out...The heart is mirror of who man is.

In my believing, each mankind who become self centered are calling themselve god and they are worshipping their own god because of how they reach to their self centered attitude. Do it make sense to you smile.

Blessings....

Sacre bleu!

BigSpike said:
Heretic, There are several things I have to tell you, I am not runining away...I gave out my belief this is all, even I analyze my belief this are contrast to others' belief. I came to my belief this our God the supreme being are the eternity God with no beginning and end.
:wtf: You could have fooled me because asking me to leave you alone as if i was bothering you is no different from running away. You can ignore my posts, choose not to read them, instead of telling me to "leave you alone." That is why i thought you were just looking for an excuse to beg out of the debate. Also, why aren't you willing to look at HOW you arrived at your beliefs?

BigSpike said:
I had nothing against you, I enjoyed my discuss with you...nothing can change my belief this is all....often people would misunderstand when people making point out from their belief and walk away mean isnt losing the battle....sometime you have to "reload" the bullets under the command of commander at wise moment, do it make sense to you smile...
Yet you said these, did you not:
It is worthless to make any agrue with you any further...
...but you chose to disrespect and laugh at what we believed in...
...I got important things in my life than breathing out words...

Somehow... you enjoy our discussions? I'm confused.

BigSpike said:
U are correct, this forum arent designed to preach...I had NO intend to preach to anyone but to present out my perspective and how I came to believe and walk by faith. I have been attacked by some people, I stood like house was build on strong foundation. The foolish man build the house on the sand then in the end...natural disaster threw it away...then where is the foundation :lol: it is the matter of fact.
Then why aren't you willing to talk about your beliefs in a critical, objective sense? Would you prefer me to be quiet and sheeplike, be completely passive and accept whatever you say?
BigSpike said:
Often of the time people would holler at themselve by telling why do God cause the mess toward earth? Is it God's fault, I will tell no....Mankind was born to be freewill...but it isnt God's will for them to be perished...unfortunately, man chose wrong path even it sound wise and right to them.
Well, since God created man with free will, God chose the property of free will. Therefore God is responsible for his Creation.

If God determines that the world with free will is better than one without, then God is responsible for determining that world by creating it. True or false?

BigSpike said:
One thing I just wanted to correct you...Matthew is cheater and tax collecter as of course he is strong Jewish...and you pointed why it was written in different language through he is Jewish...can I correct you something...for similar, I am proudly of my own nationality and I know my forgien language as for example and lives in America...I would like to write a book based on inspiritation or novel, something...do I write in my own nationality's language during I am living in America? Would Publisher understand my nationality's language? No! So I knew this I am living in America and their primary language is english, so therefore I write english in order to draw the attention of people to understand what book was speaking out about. Get my point? I hope it do smile.
You misunderstood and missed my point by a country mile. I am not talking about the language Matthew wrote in, but the origin of his use of the virgin prophecy is LXX (Greek Septaugint) instead of the original hebrew language. I am not saying that Matthew should have written in Hebrew, but that he chose the incorrect translated word of almah in the Greek translation is odd.

BigSpike said:
I came to faith in Lord NOT because of something I saw...it is something I experienced miracle, gathering of evidence of faith manifested to me, and how God saved me from near death. I have indebt thankful to God and my wife. Let me clarify with you "no longer concern me" dont mean I am dismissing your comment or who u are...but I just wanted to leave who you are, sometime it is not worth to fire out of your breath, just save for something important...I give you blessing from God because I had nothing against and being nice to you smile...do it clarify you. You said "we" I am speaking of my wife and me not you. I hope it clear up everything...I will remain as part of AD.com....you speak out freely on your own freewill...we dont make you to do it...it is based on what you see and think then speak out...The heart is mirror of who man is. In my believing, each mankind who become self centered are calling themselve god and they are worshipping their own god because of how they reach to their self centered attitude. Do it make sense to you smile. Blessings....
That's not a fair description. Since I do not call myself God, i am not worshipping myself, i must not be self-centered. :dunno:

Also, most Christians i know are very pompous, arrogant, and self-centered, and doubly hypocritical because they know that humility will lead to being exalted, so they pretend at being humble. But i am clever enough to know that does not mean that Christianity must lead to arrogance, egoism or conceit. I will open a new thread on the historicity of the New Testament.

Last edited:
The Heretic said:
:wtf: You could have fooled me because asking me to leave you alone as if i was bothering you is no different from running away. You can ignore my posts, choose not to read them, instead of telling me to "leave you alone." That is why i thought you were just looking for an excuse to beg out of the debate. Also, why aren't you willing to look at HOW you arrived at your beliefs?

Yet you said these, did you not:
It is worthless to make any agrue with you any further...
...but you chose to disrespect and laugh at what we believed in...
...I got important things in my life than breathing out words...

Somehow... you enjoy our discussions? I'm confused.

Then why aren't you willing to talk about your beliefs in a critical, objective sense? Would you prefer me to be quiet and sheeplike, be completely passive and accept whatever you say?

Well, since God created man with free will, God chose the property of free will. Therefore God is responsible for his Creation.

If God determines that the world with free will is better than one without, then God is responsible for determining that world by creating it. True or false?

You misunderstood and missed my point by a country mile. I am not talking about the language Matthew wrote in, but the origin of his use of the virgin prophecy is LXX (Greek Septaugint) instead of the original hebrew language. I am not saying that Matthew should have written in Hebrew, but that he chose the incorrect translated word of almah in the Greek translation is odd.

That's not a fair description. Since I do not call myself God, i am not worshipping myself, i must not be self-centered. :dunno:

Also, most Christians i know are very pompous, arrogant, and self-centered, and doubly hypocritical because they know that humility will lead to being exalted, so they pretend at being humble. But i am clever enough to know that does not mean that Christianity must lead to arrogance, egoism or conceit. I will open a new thread on the historicity of the New Testament.

Heretic,
(laughing)....you know, let me make it clear to you, I am not here to contrast you, I just speak out what I believe in and you have RIGHT to speak out in from your perespetive...nobody commands you to stop...I like your comment about being quiet and passive...I do frankly agree with you...if you felt this you dont agree with something is wrong with NT, it is your opinion and what you found....

The truth is too often Christianity tend to twist in things they believed...I always taught them to not focus on one verse...because one verse is connect to other come out with the point of doctrine and story. Im sick of them misinterpreting things and make them thought what God is telling them...I learned alot from my professor, he taught me and he have great impact on my spiritual growth.

I never tend to tell everyone who have self-centered are gods, but Im speaking from my opinion...because I have conversation with few friends..they blah to me like they are just bunches of buffoon and imbelic by telling me "I believe in my own way and knew my way is to make things better not anyone tell me what to do...I am just my own god.." Im serious...it made me pondering...maybe you dont feel this way...maybe you feel in different persepctive..

Let me make thing clear, I apology this it sound kind of confusion...I felt not worth to discuss with you mean sometime engaging in war for no reason...when there's no profit come out...but I need to learn to listen and be open to their belief but as long it dont cross my line...I dont tend to tell you to stop...this discuss forum is freely spoken...

To be honest, I dont brag about Christianity...or blah how their doctrine are best than whatever...I just silence and stay by my belief...I attended National Fellowship (Conference for Deaf Assemblies of God) 2 weeks ago...I was engaging in few conversation with my dearly friends...some of them impose me to apply for licesne pastor...I told them "I knew God dont plan me to become pastor but to be into christian social worker mental health field" because we need more deaf counselor across america...they realized I was right..I knew being pastor is full of burden and even can be lone. God knew my emotional intendancy.

My point is, I dont like to get into war with anyone for pointless reason...but I am begin to listen and respect your perspective even I dont agree with you...I used to tell my dad when I am adult..."I love you even we dont agree on alot of things." He respect and treated me fairly...I expect to do same with others...

You speak out is who u are from the mirror of heart....none of one make who you are...you are who u are because you chose to believe and develop the system of thoughtful of your own to speak out opinion.

You said will open thread...oh well...I will check and read your comment when Im done with other things...One more thing, I will NEVER defy my God the Lord who blessed me richly for I always give praise...Jesus is good to me! Amen.

May Lord bless your soul, friend

Do I believe in God?

Yes and no.

My mother's a Catholic and my father an Atheist. I was never baptized, but I raised to believe in God and in the Baptist/Protestant faith. I never got a 'feel' out of Christianity. Besides that, some of the faiths are homophobic and conservative. I do respect all religions, though. I'm sort of a freethinker, but I do make references to God/Jesus.

Hey Ninja Gaiden wannabe, you can wish to leave the message! :ily:

god money i'll do anything for you.
god money just tell me what you want me to.
god money nail me up against the wall.
god money don't want everything he wants it all.

no you can't take it
no you can't take that away from me

head like a hole.
black as your soul.
i'd rather die than give you control.

:bowdown: bow down before the one you serve.
:fu: you're going to get what you deserve.

Last edited:
Is this thread for a war against God ? Or should we be civil and share our opinions rather than havin' a war ?

CyberRed said:
Is this thread for a war against God ? Or should we be civil and share our opinions rather than havin' a war ?

I would like to see this as a heavily-heated debate in regard with the church as institutions. God is a word that means many and different for everybody. I dont think God is at the question in this thread, but rather as how religions present their notion of what God expects them to do/say/whatever. Hopefully that is the whole point oft his thread...

So far everybody is anal and brews an angry message. Just state your belief, and your evidences and move on. If you find something that you want to question or discuss wtih depth with somebody else's belief or message, ask in a approtitate question to clarify it for you instead of "Oh whatever you suck!"
So thus I do agree with you CyberRed. This has turned into a flaming war. If you want to prove your case, have some depth to your arguments. No hearsay please.

I would like to put this on a different track parallel to the whole "God"...
Could anybody explain to me this:
From my understanding Adam and Eve were the FIRST and ONLY people on the earth... Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel... one of them killed antoher... and that brother went to a valley to find a wife.
OKay... WHERE THE HELL DID THE WIFE COME FROM?? Eve was his wife as well? I mean... Adam and Eve didn't have any cousins, did they?
:ugh:
This was brought to my attention by Voltaire's works. I didn't realize that there were many contridications in the bible.

INTERESTING AND RANDOM FACTS:
-James Ussher was the one who proclaimed Earth to be 6,006 years old on his research of age of all generations mentioned in the bible, all way to Adam and Eve. From that on, all other religions use his discovery as part of their newly field of "sciences".
-Saint Augustine used Aristole and Plato's teaching as Christianity teachings so that is where the bias against women come from-- Plato believed men are the only creatures that can reason and women like children don;t have the full ability to reason because they are inferior due to their heavy dependence on emotions and desires. Thus this leads to a widely common Christian belief that wives must obey husbands.

I am taking Philosophy, Anthropology, and History as well so all of subjects have overlapped with historical events and outrageous discoveries and shifting information/culture.

:)

gnarlydorkette said:
Could anybody explain to me this:
From my understanding Adam and Eve were the FIRST and ONLY people on the earth... Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel... one of them killed antoher... and that brother went to a valley to find a wife.
OKay... WHERE THE HELL DID THE WIFE COME FROM?? Eve was his wife as well? I mean... Adam and Eve didn't have any cousins, did they?
First of all, I thought you wanted this thread to be civil and non-flaming. So what's with the all-caps profanity in your question?

Anyway, I will answer your question.

Yes, Adam and Eve were the first people on earth. Their first generation of children (male and female) had to marry each other. The next generation married cousins, nephews, and nieces. And so forth. So Cain married a sister or niece.

Also, you have misquoted the passage about Cain and the valley. The verses are:
"And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bore Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch." (Genesis 4:16-17)

Verse 17 says, "And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bore Enoch...." That means, after Cain and his wife settled in Nod, then Cain "knew" (had sexual intercourse with) his wife and she became pregnant. It doesn't say that Cain found his wife there. It merely states that Enoch was conceived in Nod.

You will find that most so-called "discrepancies" of the Bible are misquotes, misinterpretations, or verses taken out of context, and not really discrepancies at all.

Well,

I don't personally see this as becoming a ' war ' here but I do see that serveral members have a few opinions on how they see or believe in God and do see that some of them are taken it a bit personal too.....

I have to agree with gnarlydorkette here as what she had stated above by state your belief, your opinion and move on...There's just no reason to become angry just because you don't like what this member is saying...I thought I would add that along before I press submit... ;)

May God bless you all!... :grouphug:

Angel, there's no war! it's a mental war between Evil/God... do what you believe in!

bow down before the one you serve.
you're going to get what you deserve.

Last edited:
It is okay to have different beliefs

We each have our ideas and interpretations about God and how He affect our lives individually.
Some see God as one prone to anger.
Others think God is in total control of things.
Some see God as loving,
Some see an old man with a long beard sitting up in Heaven.
Others imagine an all-seeing being out among stars.
Or letting science evidence speak for itself which is always filled with qqs about how the universe works. Perhaps that is why God created science to make us human curious about life and beyond. It is okay to wonder and argue about what we think is right as individuals.
Or no God...(maybe no God or soul inside us?)
That is the basis for our individual belief in whether God exist or not.

I can see that same baisis in other people's belief in their beliefs no matter what religion they belong to. So just have some respect for others.
Respect for other's ideas is the key to peaceful debates.

Although I believe in god yet my brain doesnot accept the theory of god as presented generally.From childhood, we generally teach our kids again & again to bow in front of god's picture/statue etc and worship and according to religion, the image of god is printed in memory of brain of the child.Accordingly child believes the god even after becomes adult and then in old age.
In my opinion god is nothing but Nature who has guided by certain rules. Sun cannot go beyond his limit and having a fixed path.Similiarly other natural bodies obey certain rules. :smash:

LUNZ said:
i dont see God out there,but i see Sun everyday so i think sun is god.

Hey bro, I know you believe in God, dont joke around when God sent Jesus to save our sin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back