Do you believe in God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the believer always has the burden of proof

CoolieFroggie said:
Hey, I got a question for you nonbelievers... you demands the proof of his exists right? Well, let me ask you a question... can you show me a proof that he DOESN'T exist????

Too easy. Can you show me a proof that I don't have money in my pocket?

Thought so!
:lol:
In philosophical terms, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but unbelief is simply the lack of belief, not the belief in the nonexistence of God. Believers have the burden of proof, not the unbelievers. If the believer cannot sustain his belief with convincing proof, then the unbeliever is justified.

:afro:

WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING MY POSTS? :roll:

People are giving mixed up perspective about God...this is why today are full of doctrinal war...I had a good conversation with my dearly deaf pastor who is gifted heart from God...this I always can precious as close friend...he quoted to me "too many people are looking for easy path therefore theology wars will never ends.." I agree with him definately...I believe from my own heart not what people manipluate on me...I EXPERIENCED God's miracle on my life even transformation. I can see from my own faithful in awesome and supreme being point God. I personally dig and dig out alot about perspective toward Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit so therefore I came to believe and was happy to walk in faith...I am NOT SHAMED to tell this...

I do believe there is good and evil...earth is full of war, darkness, and twisted...because people want easy TRUTH not hard TRUTH....remma my quote below....

I am disappointed this Christianity belief failed to realize this the true foundation of Christianity isnt from New Testament, it all BEGAN in Old Testament...one person hollered and mocked at my belief by said this biblical teaching is based on man's idea...I remained silence and provided with blunt point...it isnt man's idea but it was man written this are INSPIRED and FULL spirited by Holy Spirit's guidance. Then this person was trampled and walked away...I am not looking for doctrinal war...I stand by my own belief in God our Lord the Almighty the eternity!

I will tell you why cults are keeping expanding...what I mean is there are always new cult because people are looking for visualize belief than walk by faith...my questions where is their own bible and their written teaching...I knew some of them do have it...but look at Holy Bible it never was doomed..it keep carry for many generation but into better language translation to meet our needs...Jesus quoted "heaven and earth do go gone...but my word will always be there eternity." Was Holy Bible doomed? Even Hilter hated bible...he commanded all to put into fire but God always kept his oath to keep words spread out...Even I knew some Missionary attempted to thru China smuggling the Holy Bible...China Soldiers attempted to put Holy Bible into bonfire...did it succeed? No! PRAISE THE LORD! My point where is cult bible this sells at barnes and noble...where is it...of course I do see Wicca, Witchcrafts, and Satan bible. But where is else more?

More people are getting madder because they dont want to listen to hard truth...they are hidding their secret dirty darkness :mrgreen:

I am disappointed this Christianity belief failed to realize this the true foundation of Christianity isnt from New Testament, it all BEGAN in Old Testament...

Yes... you are correct... what do you believe avbout it...can you tell me more? I am messianic, and I start in OT too

DeafMessianic said:
I am disappointed this Christianity belief failed to realize this the true foundation of Christianity isnt from New Testament, it all BEGAN in Old Testament...

Yes... you are correct... what do you believe avbout it...can you tell me more? I am messianic, and I start in OT too

Hello DeafMessianic...may I give you friendly advice...I suggest you click quote button if you wanted to reply to people's quote as it will help people catch the point get it?

Ok...I believe in prophetic message this God delievered to his people (Israelites) but after Adam and Eve sinned...Look at Genesis 3:16 in your best friend book...it provide with hint point to coming of Jesus Christ...so therefore Satan worked hard to dark people's mind from seeing the true prophetic message about coming of Jesus Christ who is the descandent of King David...this is why Old and New Testament work together as connect between old and new covenant as part of God's plan..unfortunately many christian dont really understand whats connect between ot and nt....to be truly Christian is to believe in Jesus and really realize this OT and NT is the answer point to Jesus.

Hmm Big Spike, I bascially agree with you. I grew up a Chrisitan myself... I follow NT, but yes we look back in OT and use it to remind us of what happened in OT... you are doing pretty well, Big Spike... keep it up! :) (plus, this isn't the real Micah, this is Amber who is speaking by the way so you wouldn't be confused with who is talking heh)

CyberRed said:
It's called "tithe" ... it belongs to God. If, no tithe to provide for, then, you are robbin' from God.
Tithes are God's, but He said they belong to the Levites, the priests, forever.

I do believe it, but which rapture are you talking about? There are so many different teachings out there. What I do believe is that it happens when He returns, that He would re-gather His people back to Israel, at the same time.
Recall how they say that the world saw Him coming with a great host? That host are those who met Him in air, to be with Him forever. The problem is that we forget what happens when He returns.
That is related to many of Old Testament prophecies, that the Messiah would be regathering and re-establishing His kingdom when He returns, and He will be ruling from the throne of David.

The Heretic said:
Too easy. Can you show me a proof that I don't have money in my pocket?

Thought so!
:lol:
In philosophical terms, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but unbelief is simply the lack of belief, not the belief in the nonexistence of God. Believers have the burden of proof, not the unbelievers. If the believer cannot sustain his belief with convincing proof, then the unbeliever is justified.

:afro:

WHY IS EVERYONE AVOIDING MY POSTS? :roll:

You quoted this believer have burden to proof...I dont have burden..God is BLESSING and I experienced MIRACLE from God...it is your opinion not mine...I stand by what I believe in...burden on believer to show proof mean they lack of spiritual growth FYI...You are getting wrong picture :ugh:

"The prophets wrote God's words on scrolls made from animal skin or plant fiber. Jewish scribes copied God's Word onto new scrolls. These trained scribes were extremely careful to ensure that the copies were the same as the original text. The number of letters in a book was counted and its middle letter was given to ensure that the copy was the same as the original. If there was an error, the entire scroll would be destroyed! These Jewish scribes believed that to tamper with God's Word was to tamper with God Himself! Perhaps you have heard of the famous Dead Sea scrolls discovered in 1947. Did you know that these Old Testament scrolls were copied one hundred years before Jesus was born? Yet these ancient scrolls are consistent with scrolls copied one thousand years later. The Bible has not been altered."

Ginette,
Yes, you are right. But, they did change some words, and it had been proven.
What happened is that they made some rulings that it is a death penalty to say the name of God, which is "Yahweh", because maybe someone may say it wrong and then it is "taking His name in vain". Because of this, they changed the names in scrolls from "Yahweh" to things like "Adonai", El Shaddai", etc.
And, when they translated and wrote the King James Version, they did translate words according to the way they think and slanted the verses towards their understanding, that was according to the way things are, at their time.
One example of this is "mia". If you look in Strong's concordance, you will see it was translated into "one" in 1 Tim 3:2, but into "first" in Matthew 28:1. The question is how do they decide where it is "first" or "one"? One thing we can't ever deny is that they think of it according to how they understand things at that time, and it was after they have been under the thumb of the Catrholic Church for over a thousand years! It is so unavoidable that slants like this does and do happen!
I have found it to be of a great benefit to go into Greek and Hebrew, and into history and culture of the peoples. We all need to keep the context!

"I don't agree at all. You have no right to say I am "wrong". I've spent the last 8 years researching anything regarding GOD.
Mythology, Theories of evolution Sylvia Browne, David Icke, Bible Scholars, Religion and Science, Organized Religions such as Mormons, Catholic, Scientology,Muslim etc.
To me, Christianity makes more sense than any world view I've considered. I'm talking about Biblical Christianity, not the way it tends to be practiced in most denominations."

Ginette, I can see u are rather intelligent, and I have no problems believing that u did all what you did. I would like to take a special note of your line, "I'm talking about Biblical Christianity, not the way it tends to be practiced in most denominations."
I believe the key is in "Biblical Christianity". I have been studying these things for over 30 years, and what I have found is that we have to be very careful, especially in defining the terms used. What we would consider as "Biblical" is often how "Christianity" define it, not as scriptures define it!
The difference is often so subtle that we just do not notice it. It is those half truths that changes the whole thing. I did mention a few of them here already.
Shalom

"Maybe I am dont believe. Why some say that Adam & Eve is first human HUH... Cant been. I learn Cave men/women is first our human. "

Who says that Adam and Eve does not look like a caveman? Maybe they do? And, Remember, all the people in world today came from Noah... They could live in caves and start building new homes. Too many things are possible.

"Cuz most people believe at bible. I told them. They must have learn both bible and Past of years like egypt, dinosaurs, ect..."

Science said there are no people during dinosaur times, but there is footprints of dinosaurs and man walking in same place about the same time. So science is wrong. There is dinosaurs in Bible.

Be careful, too many people talk like if they are smart, but they know nothing. I have had a biology teacher who has Phd, and teaches evolution like if it is true. Know what happened when I made some points with her? She was stuck and admitted in front of class that it is all bulls..t! Think about it.

"I also read about the mystery religions that predated Christianity, yet had many similar things that Christianity does like saviors and the holy supper. So I decided that Christianity was just another religion that developed out of and got influcated by the conditions of the time like those mystery religions."

Yes, Christianity do have a lot of things that are from old pagan mystery religions. If you study history, you will find that nearly (if not all) of those things were brought into the world of Christianity thru one church, the Catholic Church, starting with Constantine the emporer, who then forced everyone to follow it.
That church is the cause of a lot of our problems with churches today, not scriptures!

I do click the quick reply button... and I was catching up going thru all the posts, until I am here now. I agree it all points to "Jesus".
But the problem in "Christian churches" today, is that they did not know, or forgot to mention a lot of other things. For example, do you know that "gentiles" in the NT are Israelites themselves?
I did make some other points...if you go back a few pages, (starting with #24?) you will see many points I said before. Please read them. Then, if you want, I will discuss them.
I am thinking to start a new group, maybe at Yahoo for studying these things. If anyone is truly interested in studying scriptures, please let me know. If there is enough people, I will start. I am also working on a website to show in charts, pictures, or whatever to help to understand better.

BigSpike said:
Hello DeafMessianic...may I give you friendly advice...I suggest you click quote button if you wanted to reply to people's quote as it will help people catch the point get it?

Ok...I believe in prophetic message this God delievered to his people (Israelites) but after Adam and Eve sinned...Look at Genesis 3:16 in your best friend book...it provide with hint point to coming of Jesus Christ...so therefore Satan worked hard to dark people's mind from seeing the true prophetic message about coming of Jesus Christ who is the descandent of King David...this is why Old and New Testament work together as connect between old and new covenant as part of God's plan..unfortunately many christian dont really understand whats connect between ot and nt....to be truly Christian is to believe in Jesus and really realize this OT and NT is the answer point to Jesus.
Old and New Testaments are related? I find it odd that God said to kill people for their sins in the OT and forgive them in the NT. :(

In New Testament, we read of Peter talking to Ananias and his wife, Sapphira, and sent them to their graves. Why did not Peter follow the example of the the "New Testament times" (that he is apostle of), and forgive them?
In same way, we read of Joseph thinking to divorce Mary because of what he thought was her adultery, causing her to have the baby. Remember that at that time, they were still living in the Old Testament times, and he could have her stoned to death. He didn't.
King David committed adultery and to hide it, killed Bathesheba's husband, and then married her. Both adultery and murder has death sentences, but he lived, and later, was even called a good man, by Yahweh Himself!
Yahshua (Jesus) lived perfectly according to the Torah and constantly taught and used Old Testament. Many churches nowadays used His words to contradict the Old Testament. How can that be?
The problem is that we do not take time to read the whole thing, but follow what others say, without understanding anything. Many things were said that are simply not true!

VamPyroX said:
Old and New Testaments are related? I find it odd that God said to kill people for their sins in the OT and forgive them in the NT. :(

The New Testament has a human sacrifice and His Name is Jesus, He died for 'our' sins...Through Him, our sins are forgiven...The Old Testament didn't have anyone or anything in particular that paid the price of sin....

Hope this clears up what you thought was 'odd'.... ;)

BigSpike said:
I am disappointed this Christianity belief failed to realize this the true foundation of Christianity isnt from New Testament, it all BEGAN in Old Testament...[irrelevant ranting snipped to spare bandwidth]

Incorrect. Let's look at one example, the prophecy of Isaiah as the prediction of the coming of the Messiah, being born to a virgin.

The word 'virgin' in the NT is a mistranslation of the OT.

In the Book of Isaiah 7:14, the word 'alma' actually means "young woman." That word, alma, was translated into the Greek Septuagint (LXX) as parthenos, and that is where the problem became stuck. Parthenos refers to either a maiden girl, a virgin, an unmarried woman who isn't a virgin, a virgin goddess (Artemus). Therefore, we know Matthew used the Greek Septuagint as the source of his prophecy mining.

The odd thing is why would the writer of the Gospel of Matthew use a Greek translation instead of the Hebrew or Aramaic texts...

Banjo said:
You cannot prove the non-existence of a being because the being never existed in the first place.

But you cannot prove the existence of God since he is described by words of man in the bible, but never physically seen in the today's world.

Either ways... you can't prove the existence of God. That's why we have beliefs and it is our choice to believe in the existence of God or not.

There will be proof once Jesus Christ comes back on earth on Judgement Day, then you will see the truth laying right there!

Also....when you read any history books about certain people in the past, you tend to believe it took place, such as wars, famous people....it's the same when it comes to the Bible, there are things written in there about the life of Jesus, it does give proof of His Existence, therefore that's one thing and it does give much courage for those to believe in the Existence of God and utilizing our faith to the point of believing whether we're not able to SEE....but KNOWING in our hearts that there is indeed a God who Exists.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back