Definition of "book learning"

Obviously, you fail to account for the fact that earning a Ph.D. carries a requirement of internship and field work in your chosen field to provide for real life experience. Post doc experience and a dissertation contribute to that as well.

Many people who chose to earn Ph. D.'s already have a graduate degree, and have quite a bit of experience in their chosen field at the time they return to school for a doctorate program. They simply wish to expand the level of contribution they can make in the field that would not be possible without the Ph.D.

I already know that. I was offered to do PhD work at Univ. of Maryland in Civil Enginering along with a 3 yr Graduate Research Assistantship deal (that I competed against several others for it) as part of a NSF deal to research "Space-Time Patterns in Snowmelt: Research and Education for Hydrologic Forecasting." under the auspice of Professor Brubaker (she got her PhD at MIT) 10 years ago. :cool2:

lol pix or it didn't happen :D

I already know that. I was offered to do PhD work at Univ. of Maryland in Civil Enginering along with a 3 yr Graduate Research Assistantship deal (that I competed against several others for it) as part of a NSF deal to research "Space-Time Patterns in Snowmelt: Research and Education for Hydrologic Forecasting." under the auspice of Professor Brubaker (she got her PhD at MIT) 10 years ago. :cool2:

If you already know that, your previous posts make absolutely no sense what so ever. What year would that have been?

Sure, I'll bet you will evade showing proof.

All I need is the year he was accepted into the Ph.D. progrm.:cool2:

BTW...I just gotta ask, posts from hell....are you the pro deaf poker player I have seen doing Texas Holdem' tourneys?

BTW...I just gotta ask, posts from hell....are you the pro deaf poker player I have seen doing Texas Holdem' tourneys?

I don't think I am that poker player you're thinking of.... But perhaps. I've been all over.

ooooohhhh I see! I wasn't aware of that option.

Its a program where high school juniors and seniors that have fulfilled the majority of their high school requirements, are in the top 25% of their class, and have at least a 3.5 GPA can take some college courses during their last 2 years of high school and get a jump start on college credits.

Its a program where high school juniors and seniors that have fulfilled the majority of their high school requirements, are in the top 25% of their class, and have at least a 3.5 GPA can take some college courses during their last 2 years of high school and get a jump start on college credits.

ah - the college does offer summer program for high school students. That's the one, right?

Why? You want to bet, too, that I never received a letter of acceptance?

ah - the college does offer summer program for high school students. That's the one, right?

No, this one is separate from the summer program. It runs all through the school year, and the kids are in the same classes the college students are taking. Option B the state dept of ed pays tuition and books. Option A (lesser requirements for admission) the parents pay the expenses.

Back