Deaf Awareness

Deaf sleeping? Not exactly wide awake activity. That is interesting- the "deep psycho analysis of wearing a Cochlear Implant" supplemented by a Rorschach test. Right get down to "real facts"! Thanks Bottesini for the extremely subtle suggestion use PROF SKY. Completely unbiased! She appreciates your confidence.

Getting ready for another water encounter soon and beat Mr Clock! Gee should I ponder if the immersion into water to be some deep/symbolic meaning? To another thread asks: is this" fluid/high/low thinking"?

Enough-don't want to consider why considering all of this? Right- see who-other than PROF SKY?

Implanted- Sunnybrook Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Yep, you are deaf when you are asleep, therefore it is a deaf activity.
Rorshach? I would love to do one on you. I'm sure the results would be, shall we say, interesting.

Being bilaterally deaf-all activities are by a deaf person: me.

Completed todays "water encounter"-still wet.

Since I have never taken a Rorschach projective test-no opinion of its validity or relevance in my life. Thanks Bottesini: check with the local expert: Prof SKY. Seems to have co authored a 6 volume ground breaking study: Are you really a Unretired Goth?

Next activity Bottesini: tryout for Dancing With Stars: beginners section: North Pole region- tonight. A local hotel hosting for 5000 "want to dance bes" Winner goes to the 3 left dance group semi-finals. Right-more exercise for Cochlear Implants!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Since I have never taken a Rorschach projective test-no opinion of its validity or relevance in my life. Thanks Bottesini: check with the local expert: Prof SKY. Seems to have co authored a 6 volume ground breaking study: Are you really a Unretired Goth?

Next activity Bottesini: tryout for Dancing With Stars: beginners section: North Pole region- tonight. A local hotel hosting for 5000 "want to dance bes" Winner goes to the 3 left dance group semi-finals. Right-more exercise for Cochlear Implants!

Good luck! Isn't there Canada's got Talent?

Yep, you are deaf when you are asleep, therefore it is a deaf activity.
Rorshach? I would love to do one on you. I'm sure the results would be, shall we say, interesting.

Do they still do those?

I took one of those once when I was very young. I remember everything looked like a bear to me, except for a couple that looked like a butterfly.

I wonder what that did mean? :hmm:

Just taking a test does not reflect forming an opinion regarding validity or relevence. That is decided by the professionals, using empirical methods.

Do they still do those?

Absolutely. It is used quite frequently in personality assessments. It has high reliability and validity when used by one trained to interpret results. Generally used in conjunction with other tests. And now, they use a black and white, and a colored version.

I took one of those once when I was very young. I remember everything looked like a bear to me, except for a couple that looked like a butterfly.

It means you exhibited no pathology. People who exhibit normal responses usually see animals or people engaged in activity.;)

You would be amazed at what some people see, though, lol.

It means you exhibited no pathology. People who exhibit normal responses usually see animals or people engaged in activity.;)

Just out of curiosity, what was the strangest response you got?

Just out of curiosity, what was the strangest response you got?

I had a woman who saw something sexual in every single card. Try as I might, I could not see where she was getting what she was seeing. And she was specific in her descriptions of what she saw.:P

I have had depressed people with suicidal ideation see death in many of the cards. A dead person, or a dead animal, etc.

Bottesini: I thinking you are referring to: "So you think YOU can dance-Canada". I understand there is an age limit of 30. Pass that a few years ago. I believe it is in the third or fourth year-CTV.

Tonight is SPN" Single Professional Network" dance- those under a 100. Really inclusive to say the least. No special skills required just pay the small fee to get in and hope to find "dance partners" somewhere! Yeah HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Starts at 8.00 pm to 4.00am

Bottesini: I thinking you are referring to: "So you think YOU can dance-Canada". I understand there is an age limit of 30. Pass that a few years ago. I believe it is in the third or fourth year-CTV.

Tonight is SPN" Single Professional Network" dance- those under a 100. Really inclusive to say the least. No special skills required just pay the small fee to get in and hope to find "dance partners" somewhere! Yeah HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Starts at 8.00 pm to 4.00am

Be sure to pop a few Ca pills before you go dance. We don't need no more breaking dances.

Beach girl: can easily hear music with my Cochlear Implant. Tested it a couple days after activation in 2007.
PFH not on CA pills-whatever they are. Breaking dances are part of HIP HOP NOT Latin American/swing. Of course, not sure about Boulders

Beach girl: can easily hear music with my Cochlear Implant. Tested it a couple days after activation in 2007.
PFH not on CA pills-whatever they are. Breaking dances are part of HIP HOP NOT Latin American/swing. Of course, not sure about Boulders

It appears that you missed the subtle meaning in PFH's post.

My guess is that you were attacked by a bear within the past week or so, but then you were saved when a butterfly distracted it. Was I right? ;)

Absolutely. It is used quite frequently in personality assessments. It has high reliability and validity when used by one trained to interpret results. Generally used in conjunction with other tests. And now, they use a black and white, and a colored version.

Interesting. What if your response is always "Oh, that looks like the face of that one comic book character!" or "Um, it looks like (symmetrical?) splotch-y abstract art?"

Like splotch-y abstract art? Also, does a trained professional need to know whether the person they're analysing has been told what the "normal" response is or not? Seems like it'd be a bit too easy to "fake" a response unconsciously after having previously heard what the "normal" response was.

Back