Dangerous lack of mental health care

My, my. Ad Hominem attacks. A sure sign that you have absolutely nothing to defend your position with.

You certainly aren't using your brain in this instance.

No where did I admit that mental health practitioners are crooks. You seem to have a problem with your reading comprehension this evening: with both the DSM and my posts. Not to mention an inability to cite your quotes and identify which organization you are referring to. I suspect you don't even know what APA stands for, nor that there are 2 organizations with the acronym.

You are in over your head on this one. The only thing to be gained now is to end looking like a fool.

You have been very persistent in your ad Hominem attacks. I should apologize for stooping to your level.

I have probably been a student longer than you have been alive. I know where the APA HQ is, I used to work across the street. Near the CNN building in DC. So yes, I know what APA stands for.

Please do yourself a favor and re-read your own post; where you agreed that paying an expert (psychiatrist in this instance) enough money will result in the desired outcome.

That is called paying someone off. Unlike you, I am not brainwashed by some over zealous ideology.

If you cannot research for yourself, then you are lacking in some very important skills.

Psychiatric Association Debates Lifting Pedophilia Taboo

You have been very persistent in your ad Hominem attacks. I should apologize for stooping to your level.

I have probably been a student longer than you have been alive. I know where the APA HQ is, I used to work across the street. Near the CNN building in DC. So yes, I know what APA stands for.

Please do yourself a favor and re-read your own post; where you agreed that paying an expert (psychiatrist in this instance) enough money will result in the desired outcome.

That is called paying someone off. Unlike you, I am not brainwashed by some over zealous ideology.

If you cannot research for yourself, then you are lacking in some very important skills.

Psychiatric Association Debates Lifting Pedophilia Taboo

A student longer than I have been alive. I doubt that very sincerely.:laugh2:

Then please, do tell us which 2 organizations use the designation: APA. You have been sidestepping the question all evening; leaving the impression that you are desperately trying not to answer so as to not take the chance of being wrong.

I suggested nothing of the sort. Your comprehension is still faulty.

I research for myself on a daily basis. Obviously, it is a skill you have yet to learn, given your less than adequate defense of your position, and your failure to cite your source.

And, you might want to check the definition of an ad hominem attack. Evidently you are confused about the nature of that beast as well.

Your link is useless and outdated. Pedophilia is contained in the DSM-IV (TR) and will also be included in the DSM-V due for publication in 2013.

Give up while you still have some dignity. And removing something from a diagnositic category in no way removes the taboo. Two very different concepts.

LOL, anytime someone starts off their sentence with "Typical liberal..." I know right away to stop reading.

Then please, do tell us which 2 organizations use the designation: APA. You have been sidestepping the question all evening; leaving the impression that you are desperately trying not to answer so as to not take the chance of being wrong.

I research for myself on a daily basis. Obviously, it is a skill you have yet to learn, given your less than adequate defense of your position, and your failure to cite your source.

And, you might want to check the definition of an ad hominem attack. Evidently you are confused about the nature of that beast as well.

Pfft even I know this. American Painter's Assoc. and American's for the Planet of the Apes

Your link is useless. Pedophilia is contained in the DSM-IV (TR) and will also be included in the DSM-V due for publication in 2013.

Give up while you still have some dignity.

Let me guess, your a 3rd year junior that has just declared your major. :giggle:

How cute ..... awwww.

1) You have been sidestepping your own admission that clinical psychiatrists can be paid off

2) You obviously have issues with how much widespread coverage on the DSM-IV is available to the public

3) You contend my reading comprehension skills are "lacking" even when clinical psychiatrists the world over have called out the DSM-IV's attempt to normalize pedophilia. (Are you also saying that they have reading comprehension problems?)

4) You think that anyone who opposes your views are just "stoopid". LOL

Pfft even I know this. American Painter's Assoc. and American's for the Planet of the Apes

goldstar.jpg

:D

:lol: I will give you a second gold star! I admire creative answers much more than avoiding an answer at all!:giggle:

Let me guess, your a 3rd year junior that has just declared your major. :giggle:

How cute ..... awwww.

1) You have been sidestepping your own admission that clinical psychiatrists can be paid off

2) You obviously have issues with how much widespread coverage on the DSM-IV is available to the public

3) You contend my reading comprehension skills are "lacking" even when clinical psychiatrists the world over have called out the DSM-IV's attempt to normalize pedophilia. (Are you also saying that they have reading comprehension problems?)

4) You think that anyone who opposes your views are just "stoopid". LOL

Pardon me, sir, I believe this is yours?

shovel.jpg

Pardon me, sir, I believe this is yours?

shovel.jpg

Yep. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper. You'd think he'd have the good sense to heed the good natured warnings he has received.:lol::lol:

And he's getting desperate. Editing posts after they have already been replied to.

I gotta ask you, seriously. How hard is to google APA and find the correct answer?

pffffft. If you want someone's credibility, ask some hard questions.

Like ... oh, I don't know .... how would you cite an author in APA format?

I guess knowing the secret acronym for APA is the end all be all for you .... its really pitiful.

I gotta ask you, seriously. How hard is to google APA and find the correct answer?

pffffft. If you want someone's credibility, ask some hard questions.

Like ... oh, I don't know .... how would you cite an author in APA format?

I don't need to Google it, sweetie. I already know the answer. You are the one that is having such great difficulty identifying which APA you are referring to. In fact, I am a member of one of those APAs and have presented at one of their conferences in Chicago.

I'll be glad to instruct you on APA citations if you need some help. BTW...what does APA in the APA format stand for?

I don't need to Google it, sweetie. I already know the answer. You are the one that is having such great difficulty identifying which APA you are referring to. In fact, I am a member of one of those APAs and have presented at one of their conferences in Chicago.

I'll be glad to instruct you on APA citations if you need some help. BTW...what does APA in the APA format stand for?

Totally went right over your head.

If you want to establish credibility with someone, ask them a question they would know ONLY if they actually studied the context. Not some silly question they could quickly dart off to google and find.

That's childs play.

Such as .... a first year psychology student studies the life of a man who lobotomized himself ... what was his name?

Back