court throws prop 8 out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep opinion to yourself about gay rights issue instead start homophobia, even if it is joke.

I'm victim of discrimination and death threat from high school because I was bisexual, even they label bisexual as gay, also is from some of my families on discrimination. I will not tolerate to homophobia in any kind, unless you keep homophobia in your mouth.

Sorry you have had problems......but you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot say. Especially if I am not attacking you. If you don't like my opinions feel free to use the ignore button, that is what is there for.

Gay marriage is a political issue and this is a political thread....it's not like I am in the GLBT threads bashing people. If you can't tolerate an opinion different than yours perhaps political threads are not the best place for you to spend your time. :dunno:

Anyway, I can't really tell other people what is right for them or what is wrong for them; in order to do that, I have to accept other people's criticism of me as well.

Deciding what is best for an individual and what is best for a nation is quite different though

If gay marriage is legal in SC so it won't affect you because you wouldn't bother to get involve with them and you still have choose to against on gay marriage due your belief. Seriously, I don't believe that government should side with any kind of religious belief because not everyone is same.
There will be long-term, serious consequences of this law regardless of anyone's personal beliefs. Those consequences will affect everyone. I hope that you will understand that before it's too late. I truly do.

Deciding what is best for an individual and what is best for a nation is quite different though

Lemme guess.. the whole family issue? One father, one mother, a few kids? The building blocks of every government system ranging from tribes to superpowers?

The fall of Rome and all of that?

Sorry you have had problems......but you have no right to tell me what I can and cannot say. Especially if I am not attacking you. If you don't like my opinions feel free to use the ignore button, that is what is there for.

Gay marriage is a political issue and this is a political thread....it's not like I am in the GLBT threads bashing people. If you can't tolerate an opinion different than yours perhaps political threads are not the best place for you to spend your time. :dunno:

Gay marriage is more moral issue than political issue. I'm for political, of course because need support gay rights, however homophobia get no interest from me. I don't have problem with your opinion but for homophobia, it is not. Homophobia is refer as gay bashing and personal attack against on gay people because of their sex orientation, even Reba is not one of them because she entitled her belief against on gay marriage so I don't care and she isn't homophobia.

Seriously, your position on gay rights is very confused.

There will be long-term, serious consequences of this law regardless of anyone's personal beliefs. Those consequences will affect everyone. I hope that you will understand that before it's too late. I truly do.

Well, I disagree.

Pushing your beliefs on others I see. Why do you care if other people commit a "sin"

Gay marriage is more moral issue than political issue. I'm for political, of course because need support gay rights, however homophobia get no interest from me. I don't have problem with your opinion but for homophobia, it is not. Homophobia is refer as gay bashing and personal attack against on gay people because of their sex orientation, even Reba is not one of them because she entitled her belief against on gay marriage so I don't care and she isn't homophobia.

Seriously, your position on gay rights is very confused.

You saying I have bashed a gay person???? Personally attacked someone????

I am serious.

Canada may be gay-friendly politically, but the people are not always that way. So there got to be more to life than having gay marriage being accepted nationally. Just live where you want to live... don't pros and cons things or otherwise you might move to a place where you're unhappy because it didn't match up with what it is on paper.

You saying I have bashed a gay person???? Personally attacked someone????

Yup, I feel like that you were homophobia so look at my last paragraph that I added above.

For Reba, I do understand about her but for you, it is confused.

Pushing your beliefs on others I see. Why do you care if other people commit a "sin"
"Pushing?" I don't suppose promoting "gay" marriage is "pushing" a belief?

I do care what happens to other people. I don't wish a bad end for anyone.

Yup, I feel like that you were homophobia so look at my last paragraph that I added above.

For Reba, I do understand about her but for you, it is confused.

Show me one post where I bashed someone for being gay

This makes me sad for you for some reason.

It seems like you are one of the few who truly believes that there is something seriously wrong with homosexuality and that it will cause great suffering eventually (others usually are just homophobic or think it's just perverted, etc). Or maybe you do believe it already causes suffering (HIV perhaps?)

You are a smart woman. But I wish I could somehow show you that it isn't the case. It isn't something I could prove to you, but I think you'd be happier and more content with the world if you had this knowledge.

Edit: Btw, when i say this isn't the case, I don't mean you being smart, I meant homosexuality being such a horrible thing.

This makes me sad for you for some reason.

It seems like you are one of the few who truly believes that there is something seriously wrong with homosexuality and that it will cause great suffering eventually (others usually are just homophobic or think it's just perverted, etc). Or maybe you do believe it already causes suffering (HIV perhaps?)

You are a smart woman. But I wish I could somehow show you that it isn't the case. It isn't something I could prove to you, but I think you'd be happier and more content with the world if you had this knowledge.

It's more than HIV. Take a look at European/Mediterranean history with the rise and fall of empires. Lots of people cite that as a reason not to allow homosexual relationships.

However it doesn't always hold true... look at Mesoamerica, the Incas, the Far East or the Pacifics as far as "empires" go.

Hmmm, I wonder what's the gay/lesbain population here in Iowa compared to California. I'm sure California has far, far many of them also Washington state, too. Also, how many gays have married so far here. I can't picture that in this state.

I met two lesb deaf girls from IA. I don't met any gay guys from IA/IL that I know so far. :dunno:

LOL.....I didn't ask for a definition. You accused me of bashing someone. I want to see the post.

It do include negative attitude on homosexual, I forgot to added in my post and you don't have any reason to against on gay rights, unlike Reba does.

I'm not say that you are bashing on me or someone so it was from your attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back