court throws prop 8 out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more than HIV. Take a look at European/Mediterranean history with the rise and fall of empires. Lots of people cite that as a reason not to allow homosexual relationships.

However it doesn't always hold true... look at Mesoamerica, the Incas, the Far East or the Pacifics as far as "empires" go.

You just said that it doesn't always hold true...

And people CITE that as a reason to not allow homosexual relationships? Because homosexuality causes the fall of empires? No offense, but that sounds kind of ridiculous to me.

ALL empires must fall eventually. Especially when you are talking about the span of thousands and thousands of years. It's the cycle of the human race.

So, Im sorry. I have a hard time believing what you are saying.

I know. :)

I debated loads of times with the anti-gays folks. I know some of the non-religious stuff they come up with.

In fact......I went to the other extreme from bashing someone personally

It is time for what is your views in gay rights? Are you for or are you against?

Don't tell me if you say unknown.

This makes me sad for you for some reason.
No need. I'm not in distress. :)

It seems like you are one of the few who truly believes that there is something seriously wrong with homosexuality and that it will cause great suffering eventually (others usually are just homophobic or think it's just perverted, etc). Or maybe you do believe it already causes suffering (HIV perhaps?)
Yes, I do believe there is something wrong with homosexuality. I also believe that it is totally wrong to harass or harm homosexuals.

You are a smart woman. But I wish I could somehow show you that it isn't the case. It isn't something I could prove to you, but I think you'd be happier and more content with the world if you had this knowledge.
Thank you, but I'm very much at peace. I don't need to be content with the world because this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' thru. :)

It do include negative attitude on homosexual, I forgot to added in my post and you don't have any reason to against on gay rights, unlike Reba does.

What do you mean I don't have a reason to be against gay rights......my reason is exactly the same as Reba's

What do you mean I don't have a reason to be against gay rights......my reason is exactly the same as Reba's

but you don't say at first place. :roll:

It do include negative attitude on homosexual, I forgot to added in my post and you don't have any reason to against on gay rights, unlike Reba does.

I'm not say that you are bashing on me or someone so it was from your attitude.

foxrac, I don't see golfer as a homophobic, just someone with old-fashioned family values. My roommate is interested in girls, support gay marriage, but she doesn't believe gays should be allowed have kids. She even said when she ends up marrying a lesbian, she won't have kids. Why? It has to do with the family values she was raised with.

Looks like I found a free HBO station tonight. :popcorn:
2 hours on the show and running!

"Pushing?" I don't suppose promoting "gay" marriage is "pushing" a belief?

I do care what happens to other people. I don't wish a bad end for anyone.

If I am promoting gay marriage by pushing a belief that we should all have the same rights to be happy. then guilty as charged

Depends..... :)

What part of gay rights that are you for and are you against?

Anti-discrimination law to cover on sex orientation?

Civil unions? domestic partnership? gay marriage?

Hate crime law to cover sex orientation?

Outlaw on sodomy?

foxrac, I don't see golfer as a homophobic, just someone with old-fashioned family values. My roommate is interested in girls, support gay marriage, but she doesn't believe gays should be allowed have kids. She even said when she ends up marrying a lesbian, she won't have kids. Why? It has to do with the family values she was raised with.

Your roommate sounds like my cousin......She has been with her partner for a long time. She doesn't believe they should have kids.

What part of gay rights that are you for and are you against?

Anti-discrimination law to cover on sex orientation?

Civil unions? domestic partnership? gay marriage?

Hate crime law to cover sex orientation?

Outlaw on sodomy?

Doesn't matter. :) This thread is about gay marriage.

No need. I'm not in distress. :)

Yes, I do believe there is something wrong with homosexuality. I also believe that it is totally wrong to harass or harm homosexuals.

Thank you, but I'm very much at peace. I don't need to be content with the world because this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' thru. :)

Alright. Well, to be quite honest, I'm not a fan of religious people. But I like you because you actually follow it to the true word. Religious people tend to forget the "tolerance" part.

One could perceive that you are not being tolerant right now towards gay people. I don't believe this is the case. The truth is, you feel that gay people are forcing their beliefs on us. This is true. However, straight people also have forced their beliefs on us in the first place. And we accepted it as a nation back then. Perhaps there shouldn't have been a government sanctioned marriage in the first place.

Your roommate sounds like my cousin......She has been with her partner for a long time. She doesn't believe they should have kids.

You know... there are days I wonder if I would be better under off lesbian parents. :laugh2:

Ah... the grass is greener on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back