Confession Time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love maths!!! But I am afraid of worms. They are creepy for some reason. (I do not know why. It is my subconscious thoughts.)

Then I assume I cannot convince you to eat one??? :lol:

I confess that I used to be so horrible at math that I couldnt even fake knowing how to do it. I got picked on in school for that too. My mom made me even more terrified of math by threatening to punch me in the face if I didn't get an answer correct and once I still couldn't spit out the right answer because I was terrified. She flung her hands up in the air and stormed out. I didn't see her again for two days. That's when I just stopped asking for help on my math homework. All of my other grades would be OK except for math. Even now, I don't have a lot of confidence in it. Later I just realized I needed one-on-one time with an instructor who was patient. After that, I learned more in three months than what I had learned in all of my school years.

I confess that I used to be so horrible at math that I couldnt even fake knowing how to do it. I got picked on in school for that too. My mom made me even more terrified of math by threatening to punch me in the face if I didn't get an answer correct and once I still couldn't spit out the right answer because I was terrified. She flung her hands up in the air and stormed out. I didn't see her again for two days. That's when I just stopped asking for help on my math homework. All of my other grades would be OK except for math. Even now, I don't have a lot of confidence in it. Later I just realized I needed one-on-one time with an instructor who was patient. After that, I learned more in three months than what I had learned in all of my school years.

don't feel too bad... i remember in my freshman year at high school i struggled with algebra. pre-calculus scared me too! you just need a teacher with great teaching methods

I confess, I totally love math and always was fantastic with numbers. Made my family totally sick with it all. Finished all high school level math early on (8th-9th grade). Calculus was in the 8th grade.

My worst subject was science of any kind and history.

i hate that i'm a little shy and reserved around new people. i wish i could be more outgoing =/

^^^Ah, but those people go crazy when they have to be alone.

I confess I'm not exactly Miss Confidence all the time.

I always has struggled with maths at school.

Ironically, I do better now with maths when it comes to money.

However, don't ask me to do division... :P

^^^Let me guess, two in particular?

I always has struggled with maths at school.

Ironically, I do better now with maths when it comes to money.

However, don't ask me to do division... :P

I hated school in the first half of my life. The last three years were great though, all of sudden I loved maths and science, and now I do it for a living. But I am not got when it comes to my own money. We are two opposites.

Money is based on 10s and 100s.

Other math is usually based on some wild tangent.

:lol:

For the record - I like Algebra, but I wouldn't do it for a living. Geometry came easily to me but I had to struggle through Algebra. I'm told if you are good with Algebra you struggle with Geometry and vice versa.

I liked math so much, I got myself a bachelor degree in math.

Someone hacked into my account here and changed the password. I confess I felt a momentary surge of anger. But I got over it and used logic, and got a new password. :lol:

Someone hacked into my account here and changed the password. I confess I felt a momentary surge of anger. But I got over it and used logic, and got a new password. :lol:

That's a nice reminder for the rest of us to change our passwords once in a while and use a password that is complex and hard to guess. (ie: don't use 123456, password, 12341234, username, birthdate, petsnames... ect...)

Uh oh..having a deep conversation with one of the guys I used to have a crush on in high school on FB. He was a punkster and I am telling him how much I was so in love with his image in high school and now we are chatting a lot about the old days. He lives here in DC and he just got divorced. Bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back