Comedy and actor Robin Williams died at aged 63

Here's something I found.

10576900_763758830333496_1982903343496503044_n.jpg

SilverRoxy said:
I love the picture of Robin Williams signing I love you. I forgot to save the picture to show you guys! Sorry!

I saw that one too but can't remember where I saw it. Only one I've found is of him and Marlee (1 when she first met him and another years later at some awards show).

Last edited:
Surprised but not shocked. Very sorry for his children...this will hit them the hardest....

Laura

I definitely agree with you there. It's known that most comedians suffer from depression, and his alcoholism brought him down even further. I personally believe that playing as many roles as he did may have put him into some sort of mental illness, so that he did not know what his true identity was. All in all, he WILL be missed.

But one-on-one, Zmuda said, Williams "had no social skills. He couldn't handle it... I knew this man for 35 years and yet it was like I was in an elevator with a stranger."

That is so sad that he was not comfortable being around with only one person, even maybe with his wife. That is hard to believe that he has no social skills.

Rest In Peace, Robin Williams. :(

But one-on-one, Zmuda said, Williams "had no social skills. He couldn't handle it... I knew this man for 35 years and yet it was like I was in an elevator with a stranger."

That is so sad that he was not comfortable being around with only one person, even maybe with his wife. That is hard to believe that he has no social skills.

Rest In Peace, Robin Williams. :(
It isn't hard for me to believe or understand. I wouldn't say he had no social skills... maybe ill equipped to know what to do in a more 'intimate' situation like one on one.. the whole 'small talk' kind of thing.

I'm the same way...I am a HUGE introvert when I am physically around other people- 1, 2, 20... even my own parents (I think it drives them nuts...). It's why whenever I go visit someone I met through online means then say "WTH? We can never get you to shut up online in chat!"

I don't know if my deafness and other issues figure into that or not but it's a complex thing with me but I definitely can see why Robin Williams (and why do we use the full names of celebs anyway?.. hmm) was the way he was.

Sounds like Mr. Williams himself was a introvert. Yes even comedians like him can be introverts. My niece is blossoming into a great leader and is bright yet in many ways she is more of an introvert compared to her brother.

Chicago - yeah I saw that on the news too about the message sent to that woman with cancer.

I also saw a clip of a doctor saying that one of the side effects <though a supposedly rare one - "far down on the list", doc said> of the drug for Parkinson's that he was taking - is suicide.

Wow - Calvin, I just saw the Mr.s Doubtfire house scenes! Sooo sad....

Chicago - yeah I saw that on the news too about the message sent to that woman with cancer.

I also saw a clip of a doctor saying that one of the side effects <though a supposedly rare one - "far down on the list", doc said> of the drug for Parkinson's that he was taking - is suicide.

The doctor that subscribe the drug to him should had been keeping in touch with Robin to see how he was doing on it. It was no secret that he had depression.

The impression I got from the doc. I mentioned in my previous post, was that "suicide" was so "far down on the list" that he seemed not to be too concerned about it. Supposedly....i don't know if the doc. telling this was Robin's or not.
I think a lot of times side effects of certain medications or procedures are not as monitored or as significant to many <not all> professionals medical.

The doctor that subscribe the drug to him should had been keeping in touch with Robin to see how he was doing on it. It was no secret that he had depression.

But suicide is also one of the unfortunate side affects of some antidepressants.

Wirelessly posted (Nexus 5)

My doctor doesn't monitor my Parkinson's depression or other side effects. :(

But suicide is also one of the unfortunate side affects of some antidepressants.

I am aware of that , I see the ad on TV for antidepressants and it list that suicide it side affect. I am talking about Robin Williams's doctor , I feel that his doctor should kept in touch with him , this is my opinion and no one else's.

Wirelessly posted (Nexus 5)

My doctor doesn't monitor my Parkinson's depression or other side effects. :(

I know most doctors do not monitor people meds but they should be making it no affecting the person liver . It seem to me that celebrities would get better care than other people , I know this is not right but I thought celebrities got more attention from their doctors. I am talking Robin Williams who was a celebrity . I guess you'll will have to call your doctor if are getting any side effects .

From my own experience, i m more comforatble being someone else on the stage instead of me. I suppose that robin felt that way about being someone else as a character which made him to feel comfortable being acting. :dunno: I have several friends who had no social skills. I can understand how they are.

Back