Comedy and actor Robin Williams died at aged 63

From my own experience, i m more comforatble being someone else on the stage instead of me. I suppose that robin felt that way about being someone else as a character which made him to feel comfortable being acting. :dunno: I have several friends who had no social skills. I can understand how they are.

I read that Peter Sellers has no sense of who he really was and this was why he was so good at acting. He could really get into a role.

True that doctors "should be monitoring" medications but on the flip side the patients should ALSO be monitoring their medications and how it affects them. Many times either the patient doesn't know what to look for... or outright lie or not bother to tell the doctor about any side effects they may or may not be feeling ("oh it isn't that big of a deal", "it will go away" etc). Could be any number of things.. Maybe Mr Williams did not feel comfortable in telling his doctor about those feelings? Maybe those symptoms came on suddenly.. who knows.

Not a great thing to analyze to death (err sorry poor choice of words there) what happened or didn't happen. It happened..perhaps now the medical profession-- everyone- can take away from this is that there needs to be improved or better mental health care AND physical health care. As it is medical doctors are spread thin already-- there is a big need still for doctors everywhere.

(CNN) -- Actor Robin Williams was cremated and his ashes were scattered in San Francisco Bay, according to his death certificate.

Williams was found dead in his Northern California home August 11 from what investigators suspect was a suicide by hanging. The certificate, obtained by CNN on Thursday, says his ashes were scattered off the coast one day later.

More here: Robin Williams' ashes scattered in San Francisco Bay

I was so surprised about the one day later. Seems so fast. But then I think about my cousin-in-law, he died (not unexpectedly at that time) at 3 am and was already cremated at 7 am. I was shocked.

I was so surprised about the one day later. Seems so fast. But then I think about my cousin-in-law, he died (not unexpectedly at that time) at 3 am and was already cremated at 7 am. I was shocked.

'Honorary Jew' Robin Williams, 63, found dead | The Times of Israel

Robin Williams called himself a Honorary Jew and I believe his wife is Jewish too and Jewish people buried their dead's within 24 after their death. So his could be why he was cremated one day later. I feel very honored that Robin Williams called himself a honorary-Jew , as I was Jewish myself.

The Emmy's tribute to Robin Williams

Clear video but no captions

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86u0bDE17w]The Emmys 2014: Robin Williams Tribute (Highlight) - YouTube[/ame]

but this one have captions

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EbXczyWc6Y]The Emmys 2014: Robin Williams Tribute (Highlight) HD 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

I not worked out how do thread so put it here and maybe calvin will move it...
Lord david attenbough died yesterday age 90,wonderful actor /director

I heard about this today.

maxresdefault.jpg

I also spotted this, as well:

Robin-Williams-FestivalAlt-510x434.jpg

Final report is in:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ams-widow-asked-auto-erotica-fan-suicide.html

". . . Robin was having trouble sleeping and would talk loudly in his sleep."

That's a common symptom of PD. I do the same thing, including screaming, hitting, and grabbing in my sleep.

". . . He had recently started taking Levodopa to treat the symptoms. "

That's one of the meds I take for PD.

I know that Williams had other issues, too, but depression, anxiety, paranoia, and eventually hallucinations are common in PD.

Final report is in:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ams-widow-asked-auto-erotica-fan-suicide.html

". . . Robin was having trouble sleeping and would talk loudly in his sleep."

That's a common symptom of PD. I do the same thing, including screaming, hitting, and grabbing in my sleep.

". . . He had recently started taking Levodopa to treat the symptoms. "

That's one of the meds I take for PD.

I know that Williams had other issues, too, but depression, anxiety, paranoia, and eventually hallucinations are common in PD.

Reba, I'm going to ask you a few questions about PD unrelated to Robin Williams.

It's about family history, did anyone in your family have it? My mother had it and her father also. She was diagnosed at about my age now, I'm rather concerned about myself, I don't have any symptoms now. Thanks for any answers or you may disregard question. :lol:

Reba, I'm going to ask you a few questions about PD unrelated to Robin Williams.

It's about family history, did anyone in your family have it? My mother had it and her father also. She was diagnosed at about my age now, I'm rather concerned about myself, I don't have any symptoms now. Thanks for any answers or you may disregard question. :lol:
No one else in my family had PD. My neurologist told me that it's not usually genetic.

No one else in my family had PD. My neurologist told me that it's not usually genetic.

Thank you, Reba, for your answer.

I just wanted to also add that I had never heard that the talking, screaming etc in one's sleep to be a symptom. That surely explains my mom, I can remember back as far as a child that she would wake the household with a scream at night, we would rush to see what the problem was, of course she was unaware of anything. It happened rarely, but did continue for the rest of her life. It was never mentioned as a symptom.

Glad that is cleared up for me as I think about it from time to time, just thinking she was having night terrors, or something.

Thank you, Reba, for your answer.

I just wanted to also add that I had never heard that the talking, screaming etc in one's sleep to be a symptom. That surely explains my mom, I can remember back as far as a child that she would wake the household with a scream at night, we would rush to see what the problem was, of course she was unaware of anything. It happened rarely, but did continue for the rest of her life. It was never mentioned as a symptom.

Glad that is cleared up for me as I think about it from time to time, just thinking she was having night terrors, or something.
The first time I heard about the night screaming symptom was when I was being diagnosed by the neurologist. She did some movement tests on me, then she asked me, "Do you talk or walk in your sleep?" It seemed weird that she asked me that, and in recent months I had started doing weird things in my sleep. I frightened my Hubby a few times by screaming "help" in my sleep, and not waking immediately when he tried to stir me. I was shocked to find out that was a classic symptom of PD.

For over 60 years, I was never a sleep talker/walker/mover/screamer. Then, it started a couple years ago when the other symptoms did (such as tremors) but I never made the connection.

How do people die from Parkinson's Disease?
Not directly. They lose the ability to swallow safely, so sometimes choke or get pneumonia. They also lose balance easily and sometimes their legs "freeze" so they can stumble and fall. Depression and dementia are very bad, too. Sometimes there are hallucinations, paranoia, sleep disorders (including falling out of bed), and obsessive behaviors which can lead to getting into dangerous situations. Eventually, people with PD can't take care of themselves.

Back