Comedy and actor Robin Williams died at aged 63

Not directly. They lose the ability to swallow safely, so sometimes choke or get pneumonia. They also lose balance easily and sometimes their legs "freeze" so they can stumble and fall. Depression and dementia are very bad, too. Sometimes there are hallucinations, paranoia, sleep disorders (including falling out of bed), and obsessive behaviors which can lead to getting into dangerous situations. Eventually, people with PD can't take care of themselves.
That is scary! I hope you are taking a good care of yourself!

+
Not directly. They lose the ability to swallow safely, so sometimes choke or get pneumonia. They also lose balance easily and sometimes their legs "freeze" so they can stumble and fall. Depression and dementia are very bad, too. Sometimes there are hallucinations, paranoia, sleep disorders (including falling out of bed), and obsessive behaviors which can lead to getting into dangerous situations. Eventually, people with PD can't take care of themselves.
My client wasn't able to eat solid food , she only have breakfast drinks with ice cream added to them . I would put an extra scoop of ice cream in her drink b/c she only weight 90 lb. She once was trying to get out of her bed and fell right into her wastebasket and her butt got stuck in it . She wasn't to get and didn't use her lifeline b/c
she didn't want to bother anyone . Someone finally came along and helped the poor dear out of the wastebasket . :( She was a real sweet heart .

Back