CI--Deaf or Hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, you see, no one would be attacking you, Beowulf. This isn't out of the blue. It's a pattern I've seen for years, many here have seen it far longer than I. Jillio attacks nonstop and without reason pretty much continuously. Every once in a while, after she's been particularly belligerent, people express their objection to her nonsense. Sometimes she ratchets it down after a spell like this, which would be nice. Fingers crossed.

What spell?

I see that you're either ignoring or attempting to ignore me. Humorous.

But, you see, no one would be attacking you, Beowulf. This isn't out of the blue. It's a pattern I've seen for years, many here have seen it far longer than I. Jillio attacks nonstop and without reason pretty much continuously. Every once in a while, after she's been particularly belligerent, people express their objection to her nonsense. Sometimes she ratchets it down after a spell like this, which would be nice. Fingers crossed.

Still not listening.:laugh2: Keep going Grendel. You are doing all the work for me in exposing your own audism.

You appear not only to be deaf, but blind, as well.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Grendel, do you have a Deaf friend that you hang out with sometimes? Because that's what I mean.
I understand that it's hard to get baby sitters but it's also really important for moms to have a break. My 10 YO calls me & my husband while we're at socials telling us to come home. I assure him that we'll be home later and that I'll call him on the way home. Bringing him a little treat makes up for his inconvenience. :)

:laugh2: More often than not we do stuff together at a swim club (in summer only, of course :) ) where we can bring the whole family -- there are about 5 Deaf families and 2 hearing families we know are members, so it's pretty casual -- you can just show up outside school hours and be sure to find someone there we know. But every few weeks we saddle a couple of Deaf teenagers with a whole batch of our kids in one location and do our thing. The kids LOVE it. (Me too!) We're about to formalize it in the form of Silent Dinners and invite the whole parent association on a monthly basis starting in Sept.

How is Grendel an Audist when she's gone out of her way for her daughter to be immersed in ASL, at a Bi-Bi school?

Stop with the name calling. It's immature, uncalled for, and factually incorrect.

We, as parents are not here to discount the experiences of the d/Deaf. We are here because we want to hear from others, because we care about Deaf rights, and we have a vested interest in the needs of the d/Deaf community.

Just because someone does something slightly different does not make them Audist. It's counterproductive and nasty to continue slinging those accusations.

Still not listening.:laugh2: Keep going Grendel. You are doing all the work for me in exposing your own audism.

You appear not only to be deaf, but blind, as well.

No, objecting to your bad behavior is not audism. Nice try.

How is Grendel an Audist when she's gone out of her way for her daughter to be immersed in ASL, at a Bi-Bi school?

Stop with the name calling. It's immature, uncalled for, and factually incorrect.

We, as parents are not here to discount the experiences of the d/Deaf. We are here because we want to hear from others, because we care about Deaf rights, and we have a vested interest in the needs of the d/Deaf community.

Just because someone does something slightly different does not make them Audist. It's counterproductive and nasty to continue slinging those accusations.
It's not about what you do with your child as much as what you say. In case you haven't noticed; i have uncovered her lying right here on the AD forum.

In no way am I attacking Grendel as a mom - I know she's a good mom and have never doubted that but I don't like her dodging and weaving on the threads when we try to call her out on some things and she plays dumb or innocent or pretends she has no clue what we're talking about. It's stupid and immature.

You say you come here to hear the Deaf perspective, we give it to you and you respond with "yeah but..."

Stop that. Just listen to what we're saying instead of "yeah but..."

In no way am I attacking Grendel as a mom - I know she's a good mom and have never doubted that but I don't like her dodging and weaving on the threads when we try to call her out on some things and she plays dumb or innocent or pretends she has no clue what we're talking about. It's stupid and immature.

You say you come here to hear the Deaf perspective, we give it to you and you respond with "yeah but..."

Stop that. Just listen to what we're saying instead of "yeah but..."

Again... THIS!

The answer to your question is self evident. But I don't expect you to be able to discern that, or to understand it when it is pointed out to you.

If you are not here to discount the experiences of the D/deaf, you are doing a wonderful job at something you don't intend to do.:laugh2:

You would need a much more in depth understanding of the concept of audism before you are able to comment on what is audist and what isn't. You have not even reached a level of insight where you recognize it in yourself. I don't hold out any hope for that ever happening, either. You are far too busy defending that which is audist to take an honest look at yourself.

It's not about what you do with your child as much as what you say. In case you haven't noticed; i have uncovered her lying right here on the AD forum.

:bsflag:

Something you want to correct? Counter? Something I said that isn't spot on? Go right ahead.

SO NOT TRUE !!!

This is EXACTLY what we're talking about. You haven't been on this forum long enough to see what some of these parents have said to us. "Oh, but that's so not how it is." REALLY ?? Were you there when I went through these experiences? No? Then YOU DON'T KNOW. Don't f*cking tell me "that's so not how it is". And they raise objections over OUR (yes, the deaf and Deaf) terminology of how speech is named? No? We must use THEIR CHOICE of speech terminology? NO F*CKING WAY. And so forth. You don't believe me? You start digging through posts over the last few years, and then you come back here and tell us we're wrong. You don't wanna? Too bad. STFU.

The Deaf are speaking again. Is anyone that needs to hear the message listening?

SO NOT TRUE !!!

This is EXACTLY what we're talking about. You haven't been on this forum long enough to see what some of these parents have said to us. "Oh, but that's so not how it is." REALLY ?? Were you there when I went through these experiences? No? Then YOU DON'T KNOW. Don't f*cking tell me "that's so not how it is". And they raise objections over OUR (yes, the deaf and Deaf) terminology of how speech is named? No? We must use THEIR CHOICE of speech terminology? NO F*CKING WAY. And so forth. You don't believe me? You start digging through posts over the last few years, and then you come back here and tell us we're wrong. You don't wanna? Too bad. STFU.

Amen.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

That's not exactly what I had in mind. My idea is that the Deaf plan the event and hearing parents show up. It's a different level of involvement and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back