CI--Deaf or Hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I report to now

I was quite polite in my post, and I asked a question for clarification. The level of animosity directed at me was uncalled for. If someone is angry, fine. But don't throw that on me. I don't like to fight, and don't particularly enjoy conflict. I won't sit by though, and let someone make libelous claims against me. I will also speak up when I desire to- the same as the rest of you.

I was quite polite in my post, and I asked a question for clarification. The level of animosity directed at me was uncalled for. If someone is angry, fine. But don't throw that on me. I don't like to fight, and don't particularly enjoy conflict. I won't sit by though, and let someone make libelous claims against me. I will also speak up when I desire to- the same as the rest of you.

It isn't polite to discount us.

Nope. That was not it. You know exactly what I told you in PM's. Oh, and a matter of a fact: You havent answered 3 of my PM's.

*laughs*

At least a few more people ARE educated about who you really are. That's all I am happy about.

I didn't ask you if your child went to an oral school, I asked if she was in an oral program.

Again, your words and your actions are completely incongruent.

I didn't ask you if your child went to an oral school, I asked if she was in an oral program.

Backpedaling with a semantic argument. Not very effective with everything is taken in a cummulative total.

Backpedaling with a semantic argument. Not very effective with everything is taken in a cummulative total.

No, if you look back at the posts that's exactly how I put it. There's a very big difference between an oral program and an oral school.

Doesn't matter if it's an oral school or an oral program. It's still oralism. I speak as someone who went to both oral school and program. For the record, by the time I was 18, I had gone to 10 different schools. I've been in oral school, oral program, mainstream and deaf school.

My grandfather once told me that in a fight, if you get knocked down, get up. If you get knocked down again, get up. But if you get knocked down a third time, stay down, since if you get up, you will have your fool head knocked off.

This thread brings to mind the saying: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". We can inform and instruct, but we can't get them to learn and accept.

Doesn't matter if it's an oral school or an oral program. It's still oralism. I speak as someone who went to both oral school and program. For the record, by the time I was 18, I had gone to 10 different schools. I've been in oral school, oral program, mainstream and deaf school.

And the implication is still there. This was a blatant attempt to discredit PFH as being unreliable and inconsistent in his views. That is par for the course with some posters. When they cannot discredit a view or a post with something valid, they go for the personal attacks. It is downright cowardly behavior.

And then to play ignorant regarding the intent of their post is downright dishonest. And yet, people like this still seem to think that they are entitled to unquestioning acceptance and trust. They will never understand the reason they are not accepted and not trusted is the direct result of their own behavior.

My grandfather once told me that in a fight, if you get knocked down, get up. If you get knocked down again, get up. But if you get knocked down a third time, stay down, since if you get up, you will have your fool head knocked off.

Your grandfather spoke with wisdom.

Anyhoo, I'm here posting, while drinking this:

oban12.jpg

Light scotch. Tasty. Oban 12.

Oh let's just get smashed - I'll take the Jack Daniels with beer chasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back