ChicagoBlue...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe? The Media is a really odd duck- sometimes they'll print the names, sometimes they don't whether or not it's a murder or accident. Not everything makes the papers either. A friend of mine was in a car crash on Friday. Car is flat as a pancake (rolled multiple times) but he walked away with no serious injuries. No stories anywhere except the Fire & Rescue FB page.

I'm pretty sure Reba is aware of that... don't think you needed to point that out. I can understand why- Mark was a close friend to many here and it does hurt that the stories thus far only say "a body" with nothing further. I'd feel the same way if that happened to a very close friend of mine.
You don't get details from newspapers when your friend/family member died.

For example, my friend's 21 yrs old son died on the surgery table when he had a brain tumor. Was it reported in the newspapers? No. However I know how it happened through his family. My point is that if Mark's family found out what caused the fire, they are not required to share it with us. What can we do? If it was an arson, it should be in a police report.

My feeling is too many in this thread are overthinking this. This was a fire, a person died, we assume that person was Mark. Not all details will ever be revealed, same as the family may choose not to reveal what info they have, nor reveal a private memorial service details if one took place. There's a clear obsession from at least one person here over this, and while we don't have to forget Mark, which I'm sure many of us won't, it doesn't need to be rehashed over and over. Let the family have their peace.

If he was murdered, we should have known that by now. Wouldn't we?
How would we know without asking?

As in the red statement, I understand you completely, however he's not the only one, are you aware of that? There are so many dead people everyday not reported in the newspapers.
Because they don't have friends or family advocating for them.

You don't get details from newspapers when your friend/family member died.

For example, my friend's 21 yrs old son died on the surgery table when he had a brain tumor. Was it reported in the newspapers? No. However I know how it happened through his family. My point is that if Mark's family found out what caused the fire, they are not required to share it with us. What can we do? If it was an arson, it should be in a police report.
The difference is, surgery confidentiality is covered by HIPAA. Fires are in the public domain, and records pertaining to them can be acquired thru FOIA. Of course, families aren't required to share information with the public but government agencies are.

If the fire is still under investigation, I can understand why there's nothing yet released.

How would we know without asking?
You don't need to ask. Look at the police report that shows how it happened.

Because they don't have friends or family advocating for them.
Even they have friends/family advocating for them, it doesn't mean that it will be reported in the newspapers. It's up to the newspapers. Of course, if they were celebrities, they will be in it 100% guarantee.

The difference is, surgery confidentiality is covered by HIPAA. Fires are in the public domain, and records pertaining to them can be acquired thru FOIA. Of course, families aren't required to share information with the public but government agencies are.

If the fire is still under investigation, I can understand why there's nothing yet released.
It's almost 4 months so they should have the results already.

I had talked with a friend who lives in Chicago after this tragic event and he "does not have a lot of faith in cpd to care much about these things". He also said "The fire department is often ok with investigation, but they're dealing with so much that it is easy to be dismissive and just say accidental"

I never checked this thread till a friend told me about mark I was like huh? oh geez I am few months behind on reading other threads but may he be in peace and I know he is missed by his friends and family who is close to him tho.. hope u have something that u can remember him he will never forget you but he is with you guys in spirit.. :) RIP Mark...

mARKS family would know by now he had cyber friends on alldeaf would it be tacful if wish Mark rest until investigations are concluded bc always another side to things and it could be it still and always will be open wound for them

Mod's note :

I think it is time to give this thread a rest.. Some people here went a bit far with the assumptions and since there's no official cause of the tragedy. I think we all should give Mark the respect and leave him and his family in peace and move on.

There is a few deceased members in this forum who is not forgotten: TongueOnFire, LuciaDisturbed, and ChicagoBlue2.

If there is any official updates (if there's any) will be posted here. Otherwise I think his family would appreciate the privacy in this situation.

Thanks,

RIP Mark.

A note from Mark's family

Update:

"Message from Mom's home July 11, 2015 9:02 AM
I would like to thank everyone who has expressed their sympathy and shared their memories of Mark. It has meant a lot to me and helped to get through this time."

Mark England guest book

Thanks for posting reb and marks mum for letting us know.many sympathy to Marks mum

Thank you Reba for sharing with us

Thread reopened for now and merged to input comments on Reba's post. :)

Mod's note :

I think it is time to give this thread a rest.. Some people here went a bit far with the assumptions and since there's no official cause of the tragedy. I think we all should give Mark the respect and leave him and his family in peace and move on.

There is a few deceased members in this forum who is not forgotten: TongueOnFire, LuciaDisturbed, and ChicagoBlue2.

If there is any official updates (if there's any) will be posted here. Otherwise I think his family would appreciate the privacy in this situation.

Thanks,

RIP Mark.

TongueOnFire? I don't know who's that. what happened?

I am glad we helped Mark's mom get through this difficult time. :aw:
RIP Mark .

Reba was being kind enough to relay what marks mother said that was all.i for one grateful reb did that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back