ChicagoBlue...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never heard of that here, usually the State provide funeral if no one else come forward and they soooooooooo expensive maybe his family not have means at present and trying to sort it out...

We have those means here as well....we just don't know which was used....

If he was badly burnt, there wouldnt be a wake (or closed casket) probly creamated and never had a funeral ( if the family went the cheapest route possible ) ?

If he was badly burnt, there wouldnt be a wake (or closed casket) probly creamated and never had a funeral ( if the family went the cheapest route possible ) ?
That's possible. I think it already happened since the funeral has not announced the date for a long while.

his family know he on alldeaf maybe one day they tell us...May been estranged but we only know what Mark said and it is possible they heart broken and not come to terms with it as yet to arrange anything..A Mother is a MOther even if estranged

his family know he on alldeaf maybe one day they tell us...May been estranged but we only know what Mark said and it is possible they heart broken and not come to terms with it as yet to arrange anything..A Mother is a MOther even if estranged
The key word is maybe. In this case, maybe we never know. However, hopefully they will tell us what's going on if they truly care. It has been about 4 months since he passed away.

The key word is maybe. In this case, maybe we never know. However, hopefully they will tell us what's going on if they truly care. It has been about 4 months since he passed away.

I agree

If they have a password which I highly doubt...probly all was lost in the fire as Mark was very secretive.

If they have a password which I highly doubt...probly all was lost in the fire as Mark was very secretive.
What does his password have to do with his death? :hmm: You suspected that he committed suicide?

I think means Marks password to computer and on here..that be easy to overcome but cops may have all his stuff

Mark's family don't need a password to just read AD posts. If they want to post, they can join AD themselves.

However, Mark said his parents didn't have computers or the internet. Remember, he had to take his mobile hotspot with him whenever he visited them.

Mark didn't live with his family, and had some problems with them but they weren't totally estranged. He did go home for visits.

They may not know he posted on AllDeaf. Even if they did, they have the right to say or not say anything. I wouldn't expect whoever survives me to go to every site I ever posted on and say something- pretty sure my family doesn't know half the places I visit except for FaceBook and maybe one or two of my games/riddles forums.

As Reba said, you don't need a password to read any forum (most forums rather..) but any passwords to get into sites may be lost if for example they wanted to deactivate or delete any accounts. Doing that takes time too. Most families don't even think to do that; some people do keep records of passwords in case they are needed (I need to update mine lol) but it's something many people don't even think to do until it's too late.

I think means Marks password to computer and on here..that be easy to overcome but cops may have all his stuff

Not always that easy to overcome; it's possible... if you know what to do. I'm not sure if the cops have anything of his- from the looks of the pictures suspect everything might have been lost. Family might have his stuff.

That said- I think it's cool we care and want to know but seeing as it's been 4 months it may be time to stop wondering and speculating and let him rest in peace.

Yeah, let it go (if his family won't share it with us) and let him RIP.

It's not unusual to not have a funeral, which I believe is the case with Mark's family. He seemed to be not close to the family. They probably went about it in a quiet and private manner.

That is what I been thinking too, that Mark's family just wanted a private funeral . They just could of had a short gravesite burial .

Last edited:
That is what I been thinking too, that Mark's family just wanted a private funeral . They just could of had a short gravesite burial .
Well, the funeral business on the link Jiro provided didn't mention that it's a private funeral, did it? Honestly, let it go. We can't do anything about it. The best thing we can do is let him RIP. We still remember you, Mark.

It's not so much letting him go as not letting him be forgotten. If someone else was actually responsible for his death, then Mark deserves justice. Just because he was alone and not significant to society doesn't mean his death is less worthy of being investigated. The arson investigator and police detective shouldn't be allowed to sweep his death under a rug just because no one is pushing for an investigation.

If nothing criminal happened, then fine, just let us know. Otherwise, it seems that no one could be bothered to follow up on the death of a poor, deaf guy with issues, alone in a big city. He didn't even get the dignity of having a name in the newspaper. He was just a "body" that was found. :(

Well, the funeral business on the link Jiro provided didn't mention that it's a private funeral, did it? Honestly, let it go. We can't do anything about it. The best thing we can do is let him RIP. We still remember you, Mark.

I know what it said and if you notice I was NOT the only person that said it MAY" had been private ! So get off my back!

It's not so much letting him go as not letting him be forgotten. If someone else was actually responsible for his death, then Mark deserves justice. Just because he was alone and not significant to society doesn't mean his death is less worthy of being investigated. The arson investigator and police detective shouldn't be allowed to sweep his death under a rug just because no one is pushing for an investigation.

If nothing criminal happened, then fine, just let us know. Otherwise, it seems that no one could be bothered to follow up on the death of a poor, deaf guy with issues, alone in a big city. He didn't even get the dignity of having a name in the newspaper. He was just a "body" that was found. :(
If he was murdered, we should have known that by now. Wouldn't we?

As in the red statement, I understand you completely, however he's not the only one, are you aware of that? There are so many dead people everyday not reported in the newspapers.

I've never said that he would (or should be) be forgotten nor that the investigation should be swept under the rug (any kind of investigation). Just seems that either a)it has been resolved/closed either as 'solved' or 'unsolved' or b)the information can't be released because of the nature of the incident or because it cannot be released to non-family members or c)there have been more pressing investigations...and not enough manpower to do it (this I cannot stand and really sucks) or swamped with day to day work.

As for not getting the dignity of not getting his name in the paper... yes that is sad but he isn't the only one to not have that dignity. I see that many times- "an unidentified body" or words to that effect and they are never followed up on in later stories. It plain sucks and it happens. The best anyone can do is remember him in their hearts, remember his posts etc not how he died.

Until then it just feels like we need to let the authorities do their jobs and be patient. I don't know that anyone will ever get the answers that they want in order to have closure. I hope there can be some closure.

PS- I'm not trying to bash/slam/be antagonistic to your post Reba as I respect you and like you a great deal and could never be a "troll" (I'd fail) towards you. Only expressing some thoughts as yours were good ones as well. :ty:

This is why I have my signature in memory of Mark , his name was not in the newspaper . I wanted Mark to have the honor he deserved .

If he was murdered, we should have known that by now. Wouldn't we?

As in the red statement, I understand you completely, however he's not the only one, are you aware of that? There are so many dead people everyday not reported in the newspapers.
Maybe? The Media is a really odd duck- sometimes they'll print the names, sometimes they don't whether or not it's a murder or accident. Not everything makes the papers either. A friend of mine was in a car crash on Friday. Car is flat as a pancake (rolled multiple times) but he walked away with no serious injuries. No stories anywhere except the Fire & Rescue FB page.

I'm pretty sure Reba is aware of that... don't think you needed to point that out. I can understand why- Mark was a close friend to many here and it does hurt that the stories thus far only say "a body" with nothing further. I'd feel the same way if that happened to a very close friend of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back