Changing a gas tank

There is, but with 7.3 not many are willing to sell them. 7.3 engine was Ford the best Engine ever built, its similar to Cherokee 4.0. I had friend of mine that got 7.3 powerstroke, never had a problem with it. my 6.0 has some issues, thank god it isn't 6.4 cause it is worst diesel engine Ford ever build. I saw 3 on Ebay last week, all of them are sold. :( now nothing available. I can wait because I haven't got settlement yet. Once I know my settlement, and will have better idea on how to decide what to do. If there is no cash settlement but fix my neck issues then I will be much happier. Money does not make my neck pain go away, that's why I don't care about money.
And no, I don't want any gas version van, too expensive! Plus have to maintain emission control which is another expense to pay for. Diesel don't have emission control until 2011 I think. DST or Highlander may know right answer. (DST, California diesel vehicles do not count :) )

I can't recall what's exactly years that old diesel don't have EGR system but you may are correct that old school don't have one.

Yes, EGR cause diesel motor problem a lot due overheat so quick. I see semi-truck have coolant leak in the EGR cooler many times. That's why all drivers MUST have extra coolant can. I refilled up coolant can and coolant reservoir almost everyday. Almost 5 times more than gasoline motor for fill up.

You can buy EGR DELETE KIT for diesel motor.

http://spediesel.com/sinister-valvecooler-delete-fits-cummins-p-1736.html

http://www.boxeer.com/ee20_parts

Some Newer semi-trucks, VW TDI, and chevy duramax dont use EGR anymore. They use diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) and SCR better than EGR

Diesel Exhaust Fluid - DEF - SCR vs. EGR Technology

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

diehardbiker said:
7.3, 6.0, 6.4 are gas model? Your funny! No, they all are turboDiesel Engine and they don't have emission control like Gas does. 6.7 is newest one with more emission control and thats 2011. California is only state that requires add on Emission control as early as 97.

All gas cars and vans have emission controls, so what's the point?

U refused to buy gasoline cars because of emission controls. That's all. Diehardbiker thinks Sequoias is stupid. :).

You all forgetting motorcycles.... but hey, now the government is ****ing those up too.

03-06 have EGR cooler and EGR valve 07 to now different fuel injector to deal with ultra low sulphate Diesel. 02/03 or earlier 7.3 have no emission control, and no catalytic converter. Mine, I took it out and nothing happens.

I can't recall what's exactly years that old diesel don't have EGR system but you may are correct that old school don't have one.

Yes, EGR cause diesel motor problem a lot due overheat so quick. I see semi-truck have coolant leak in the EGR cooler many times. That's why all drivers MUST have extra coolant can. I refilled up coolant can and coolant reservoir almost everyday. Almost 5 times more than gasoline motor for fill up.

Sinister Egr Valve Cooler Delete Kit- Fits Cummins 10 - Smc-egr-6 7C - Engine Components - Dodge 6

Boxeer - Subaru Diesel Engines

Some Newer semi-trucks, VW TDI, and chevy duramax dont use EGR anymore. They use diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) and SCR better than EGR

No, this is not the real reason, the real reason is Diesel gets twice of MPG than gas, plus twice of torque as well. 2014 diesel truck has at least 800 ft lbs torque, while average cars have only 150 ft lbs torque. Older steam power train produces 900 Ft lbs torque, meaning that 2014 Diesel truck has almost pulling power that steam engine has.

If you look carefully, I have seen F-250 and F350 powerstroke hauling 5 cars on the trailer.

U refused to buy gasoline cars because of emission controls. That's all. Diehardbiker thinks Sequoias is stupid. :).

Other one is bulletproof EGR cooler.

Sinister Egr Valve Cooler Delete Kit- Fits Cummins 10 - Smc-egr-6 7C - Engine Components - Dodge 6

Boxeer - Subaru Diesel Engines

No, this is not the real reason, the real reason is Diesel gets twice of MPG than gas, plus twice of torque as well. 2014 diesel truck has at least 800 ft lbs torque, while average cars have only 150 ft lbs torque. Older steam power train produces 900 Ft lbs torque, meaning that 2014 Diesel truck has almost pulling power that steam engine has.

If you look carefully, I have seen F-250 and F350 powerstroke hauling 5 cars on the trailer.

I am aware of that. :) I knew semi trucks can get 1,100 to 1,600 ft of torque at 1200-1800 rpm depending on brand and engine design.

in case you haven't figured it out... OP is looking to replace a new gas tank. obviously... you can get a new gas tank that can handle ethanol.

I read post #27, says engine dies suddenly. I don't think the tank is not cause, must be electrical issue unless OP tell me what engine size and body model. If he provide me the information, I would help him and can solve his van problem.

Wrong

You all better look it up, or I got some emission controlled devices for all those pre 1970's Mickey Mouse gave to me.

Oh, I understand what you mean... You are right that early vehicles from 40's or 50's, doesn't have emission controlled devices. Agreed. Can you explain what is the emission controlled devices? What do they do for? Tell me

Oh, I understand what you mean... You are right that early vehicles from 40's or 50's, doesn't have emission controlled devices. Agreed. Can you explain what is the emission controlled devices? What do they do for? Tell me

If you don't know what an, or any, emission controlled devices are then shouldn't be posting here.
Evap canisters, EGR valves, PCV, and the list goes on.

If you don't know what an, or any, emission controlled devices are then shouldn't be posting here.
Evap canisters, EGR valves, PCV, and the list goes on.

Awesome, yes, there is more devices such as ignition distributor w/ advance vacuum, carburetor, air cleaner housing, gas (tank) cap. Gas cap is associated with EVAP system, still be a part of emission controlled device. Ignition distributor still be part of emission controlled device that controls the spark timing in advance/retard based on engine speed and manifold vacuum. Carburetor too. Now I see the oldie vehicles still have gas caps, distributors and carburetors, all of them are part of emission controlled devices. Make sense to you?

Awesome, yes, there is more devices such as ignition distributor w/ advance vacuum, carburetor, air cleaner housing, gas (tank) cap. Gas cap is associated with EVAP system, still be a part of emission controlled device. Ignition distributor still be part of emission controlled device that controls the spark timing in advance/retard based on engine speed and manifold vacuum. Carburetor too. Now I see the oldie vehicles still have gas caps, distributors and carburetors, all of them are part of emission controlled devices. Make sense to you?
Its funny a lot of people don't know the gas cap actually works, try leaving a new car gas cap loose...lol All hell breaks loose with the ecm/pcm and your dash cluster...How about those micro processors in the guage clusters now a days? Things people don't even think about like the vacumme advance on the distributors. The gas cap on older cars didn't do much but keep gas from spilling out ( on the rear fill under the plates) but todays are complicated as the fuel system is actually pressurized as well as the coolant system, so they are sealed

I used to build street rods, I haven't built any in awhile but I can build a chevy 350 blindfolded with one arm tied behind my back...lol If you look at my thread in the auto forum, I posted pics of most of the toys I had. I plan to one day start another project, I want a nice older show truck ( 1930-1957 chevy/ford stepside ) I only like certain body styles. But hope to do one in the near future when the house is done.

Attachments

• 57a.jpg
    57a.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6
Cool, Fuel pressure spec for GM TBI (Throttle Body Injection) is 13 PSI typical and GM PFI (Port Fuel Injection) is 45 to 60 PSI typical for Model year 1993. GM van and truck use TBI, Camaro or Corvette use PFI. I can't help OP. Waste your time.

Someone own car with fuel injections. He installed wrong grade fuel rubber lines while driving and then, leak gas. It got fire on engine. It should use psi of up to 200 fuel injection high-pressure hoses. And not standard fuel hose use for Carburetors only.

Someone own car with fuel injections. He installed wrong grade fuel rubber lines while driving and then, leak gas. It got fire on engine. It should use psi of up to 200 fuel injection high-pressure hoses. And not standard fuel hose use for Carburetors only.
Fuel rails on my 97 dodge Ram 1500 used standard fuel line to bridge the rails, the working pressure was 44psi so depending on the vehicle.

Its funny a lot of people don't know the gas cap actually works, try leaving a new car gas cap loose...lol All hell breaks loose with the ecm/pcm and your dash cluster...How about those micro processors in the guage clusters now a days? Things people don't even think about like the vacumme advance on the distributors. The gas cap on older cars didn't do much but keep gas from spilling out ( on the rear fill under the plates) but todays are complicated as the fuel system is actually pressurized as well as the coolant system, so they are sealed

People or engineers in 1950's know the gas cap used to seal the tank to prevent gas spill, they don't know about HC vapor because the word of Emission controlled devices were not invented yet until 1960s then California was the first state to develop the stringent emission.
I call micro processors as modules, sound like you has experience with Chrysler vehicle with troubled cluster before?
Today's EVAP systems are very complicate and difficult to diagnose especially in older Asian w/OBDII (1996-2000). Newer EVAP system design improves better and easy for technicians to diagnose...

I call micro processors as modules, sound like you has experience with Chrysler vehicle with troubled cluster before?
QUOTE]
Yes, my 2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4 quad cab and 2002 PT Cruiser both developed issues in the cluster. But the new 2001 Neon I had didn't have any issues at all the whole time I owned it. Older dodges I had 88 and 90 Daytonas never had issues. But Im a chevy guy by heart and mostly owned chevys.

Back