Changing a gas tank

Gasoline Fuel nozzle has about half an Inch wide
Auto diesel nozzle has very slight wider than half an inch, (Started around 2007)
Trucker diesel nozzle about an 1-1/4 inch.

Really until 2007, it is impossible to use Diesel into Gas fuel vehicle thats made after 1976. The only way if it happens before 2007 is probably a funnel. But if it is after 2007 then it may be mistaken using Auto diesel pump wriggling into gas or using funnel, whats even worse it is easier to funnel Auto diesel nozzle into gas inlet.

wait I'm confused. are you saying Highlander is right?

I have no idea about the size of diesel gas pump. I've never touched one in my entire life :lol:

Only very few Diesel pump nozzle would barely fit in the gas cars, it is newer one and designed for Diesel cars only.

Mind you, I was so pissed off at gas station in Mass pike for refusing let me use the truck Diesel fuel lane, asked me to move my vehicle to other pump where it will fit in my vehicle refill point because that pump got bigger nozzle and won't fit in mine fuel point hole. How dare she telling me what to do? I know my truck and I KNOW it will fit in just fine. She don't believe, and I had to drag her to the pump and show how idiot she was. She gulped, never insult Deaf Diesel truck owners! Happened TWICE on Mass pike one on each side different attendant, and even worse same week!

I prefer 18 wheelers fuel pump lane, know why? FASTER refilling! These 18 wheelers fuel lanes have higher output than regular car lane, because of usual size of tank, cars usually have 10-20 gallon, while truck can have as much as 300 gallons.

But its possible gas can used, I highly doubt it why extra work?

Gasoline Fuel nozzle has about half an Inch wide
Auto diesel nozzle has very slight wider than half an inch, (Started around 2007)
Trucker diesel nozzle about an 1-1/4 inch.

Really until 2007, it is impossible to use Diesel into Gas fuel vehicle thats made after 1976. The only way if it happens before 2007 is probably a funnel. But if it is after 2007 then it may be mistaken using Auto diesel pump wriggling into gas or using funnel, whats even worse it is easier to funnel Auto diesel nozzle into gas inlet.

I don't get it that you use trucker lane and 1-1/4 inch can fit your truck but other pump won't fitted your truck? I am confused.

It was a Chevy Cobalt. I originally thought it was my fault. The year before, I ran over a huge chunk of ice that popped out of the road during an ice storm. Thought that might have caused the fuel pump tubing to crack... leading to the crack to get bigger through the hot/cold climate. A year after I had it replaced, there was a recall due to a faulty fuel pump. Luckily, they reimbursed me for what I paid to have it replaced. Good thing I saved the receipt! :deal:

I familiar it about defective GM fuel pumps thru iATN forum in the past maybe 2 years ago, I think the cracked area were nozzles on the top cover of fuel pump assy,the nozzle where the fuel line attached, rout to the front engine compartment. Similar to Volvo and Land Rover that I replaced new updated fuel pump assy to solve leaky/fuel odor problems

Both of them will fit in my truck, if the car is 07 or newer VW TDI, then can't use the 18 wheelers fuel pump (Won't fit), but can use "auto Diesel" pump, Auto Diesel pump nozzle size is barely same size as gas-O-line nozzle, and yes I would be an IDIOT enough that I would pump gas-oh-line in my truck but I ain't stupid. Even though I could but I would never do.

I don't get it that you use trucker lane and 1-1/4 inch can fit your truck but other pump won't fitted your truck? I am confused.

OD (outside diameter) fuel nozzle: diesel 3/4 inch, gas 5/8 inch approx. I've seen some motorists fuel diesel into gas because of worn out hole inside the filler neck. Some idiots tried to pump diesel into the gas, spill over the concrete surface even spill over hands, arms or clothes. One time my mechanics look up over the pump island, I followed their heads, I saw a freaky woman wailed about wet her clothes. I don't know what is going on with her. Mechanic told me she caught diesel spill over her clothes while refuel her car.

exactly! They got confused. If had they never change the Diesel nozzle to maybe your right 3/4 inch, this wont happen because the old diesel nozzle is too big to fit in and will tell the driver WRONG one! But Auto Diesel? This got me thinking some people think it means automatically change their gas into diesel, eh?

OD (outside diameter) fuel nozzle: diesel 3/4 inch, gas 5/8 inch approx. I've seen some motorists fuel diesel into gas because of worn out hole inside the filler neck. Some idiots tried to pump diesel into the gas, spill over the concrete surface even spill over hands, arms or clothes. One time my mechanics look up over the pump island, I followed their heads, I saw a freaky woman wailed about wet her clothes. I don't know what is going on with her. Mechanic told me she caught diesel spill over her clothes while refuel her car.

exactly! They got confused. If had they never change the Diesel nozzle to maybe your right 3/4 inch, this wont happen because the old diesel nozzle is too big to fit in and will tell the driver WRONG one! But Auto Diesel? This got me thinking some people think it means automatically change their gas into diesel, eh?

Last year, the pumps on the islands were replaced with upgrade pumps and I didn't notice the diesel nozzles much.

One of my friends had a 2006 Saturn coupe. She made a mistake and put diesel gas in it. I have no idea how diesel gas pump would have fit in the car. She no longer have the car, but I'm so curious how it would have happened. Luckily the engine wasn't ruined.

more likely it is from auto diesel pump, not regular (18 wheelers) diesel pump.

When I have chance, will take photo of it and show you. So you guys get what I am talking about.

One of my friends had a 2006 Saturn coupe. She made a mistake and put diesel gas in it. I have no idea how diesel gas pump would have fit in the car. She no longer have the car, but I'm so curious how it would have happened. Luckily the engine wasn't ruined.

more likely it is from auto diesel pump, not regular (18 wheelers) diesel pump.

When I have chance, will take photo of it and show you. So you guys get what I am talking about.

Yes, she used the auto diesel pump. I thought that auto diesel pump and auto regular gas pump were a bit different.

I grab my dial caliper, walk over the pump island to measure diameter of diesel/gasoline nozzles this morning. The OD for diesel nozzle is .935 inch (15/16") and gasoline nozzle size is .830 inch (13/16") . I'm wrong . Embarrass....

Yes, but only small difference in size, very small, and its easier over time because the hole gets wears and gets bigger, bam, auto diesel nozzle can fit in as compare regular unleaded gas nozzle and the truly trucker's fuel nozzle which got HUGE difference in size, no way to get trucker nozzle into unleaded fuel car tank!

Yes, she used the auto diesel pump. I thought that auto diesel pump and auto regular gas pump were a bit different.

See? Only cute 1/8th of an inch of difference! That is where accident is waiting to happen. How stupid engineer whoever invented that (Auto diesel).

I grab my dial caliper, walk over the pump island to measure diameter of diesel/gasoline nozzles this morning. The OD for diesel nozzle is .935 inch (15/16") and gasoline nozzle size is .830 inch (13/16") . I'm wrong . Embarrass....

Back