Changing a gas tank

00m0m_k8bT6b55Zmi_600x450.jpg

How about that?
yup off my link

I would bet it is Chevy Van G series (G10, G20, G30)

I don't mind own one of them with Mark III on it. Preferred minimum 3/4 ton Ford Van with 7.3 engine in it. If anyone knows one or have one that have bed in back of van, let me know and I might talk. If it is rusty, forget it.

I have searched and there's no luck finding a Ford conversion van with diesel. Most of them are cargo vans, mini buses, box vans, etc. You might want to get one with an inline 6 or a small V8 for a bit better gas mileage.

There is, but with 7.3 not many are willing to sell them. 7.3 engine was Ford the best Engine ever built, its similar to Cherokee 4.0. I had friend of mine that got 7.3 powerstroke, never had a problem with it. my 6.0 has some issues, thank god it isn't 6.4 cause it is worst diesel engine Ford ever build. I saw 3 on Ebay last week, all of them are sold. :( now nothing available. I can wait because I haven't got settlement yet. Once I know my settlement, and will have better idea on how to decide what to do. If there is no cash settlement but fix my neck issues then I will be much happier. Money does not make my neck pain go away, that's why I don't care about money.
And no, I don't want any gas version van, too expensive! Plus have to maintain emission control which is another expense to pay for. Diesel don't have emission control until 2011 I think. DST or Highlander may know right answer. (DST, California diesel vehicles do not count :) )

I have searched and there's no luck finding a Ford conversion van with diesel. Most of them are cargo vans, mini buses, box vans, etc. You might want to get one with an inline 6 or a small V8 for a bit better gas mileage.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

diehardbiker said:
There is, but with 7.3 not many are willing to sell them. 7.3 engine was Ford the best Engine ever built, its similar to Cherokee 4.0. I had friend of mine that got 7.3 powerstroke, never had a problem with it. my 6.0 has some issues, thank god it isn't 6.4 cause it is worst diesel engine Ford ever build. I saw 3 on Ebay last week, all of them are sold. :( now nothing available. I can wait because I haven't got settlement yet. Once I know my settlement, and will have better idea on how to decide what to do. If there is no cash settlement but fix my neck issues then I will be much happier. Money does not make my neck pain go away, that's why I don't care about money.
And no, I don't want any gas version van, too expensive! Plus have to maintain emission control which is another expense to pay for. Diesel don't have emission control until 2011 I think. DST or Highlander may know right answer. (DST, California diesel vehicles do not count :) )

All gas cars and vans have emission controls, so what's the point?

in case you haven't figured it out... OP is looking to replace a new gas tank. obviously... you can get a new gas tank that can handle ethanol.

Diesel vehicles from 1998 and later in Calif, still have emission inspection required. On 1997 and early is not count....

No, Sequoia stands correct. All vehicles execpt electric vehicles must have emission systems because they use fuel....
Wrong

You all better look it up, or I got some emission controlled devices for all those pre 1970's Mickey Mouse gave to me.

SMH, no not just gas tank itself, there are many parts involved between gas tank and the final injector or mixture point, there are many o rings, and sealer in each connections, Ethanol can eat them, newer model already modified all of the sealers and o rings and some critical parts result more tolerance with Ethanol.

in case you haven't figured it out... OP is looking to replace a new gas tank. obviously... you can get a new gas tank that can handle ethanol.

7.3, 6.0, 6.4 are gas model? Your funny! No, they all are turboDiesel Engine and they don't have emission control like Gas does. 6.7 is newest one with more emission control and thats 2011. California is only state that requires add on Emission control as early as 97.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

All gas cars and vans have emission controls, so what's the point?

Yeah, he forgot about Diesel, and Natural gas... Oh wait! there is no emission control on Natural gas eh?

Or how about 1957 Chevy that one of ADers driving with emission control? They are gas, don't forget that!

Wrong

You all better look it up, or I got some emission controlled devices for all those pre 1970's Mickey Mouse gave to me.

Back