California approves gay marriage

Leviticus 18:22
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Some translations are:

ESV: (English Standard Version): "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is abomination."
KJV: (King James Version): "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination".
LB: (Living Bible): "Homosexuality is absolutely forbidden, for it is an enormous sin"
Net Bible: "You must not have sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman; it is a detestable act." 1
NIV: (New International Version) "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."
NLT: (New Living Translation): "Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin.
RSV: (Revised Standard Version): "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination .

cental34 said:
:gpost:
Crazymanw00t, because you follow you're own interpretation of the Bible does not mean it is correct. Jesus was quoted stating "Love your neighbor as yourself" is the greatest Commandment. Speaking out against the gay community and condemning them to hell is not love at all. I refuse to get into any sort of a debate with you, especially on this forum. Last time we went through this, you were sorely stubborn, and it is a waste of time to think I'm going to be able to get you to agree with my point of view.
You are speaking for yourself and you are interpreting the Bible very much than I do, really. You said Love your neigbhors. Therefore you are suggesting us to have sex with all neigbhors? It don't make any sense. Love is friendship not the relationship with marriage or in the bed time. Therefore you can love same sex but you don't have to have sex with them. God already forbids homosexual and it is very clear from the Bible. You decide to deny the truth therefore you are labeling me as interpretation the Bible. It is very sad for you to do like that.

I understand that you refuse to debate with me because you already know the truth but you refuses to accpet the truth. Sad...

In conclusion, throughout all the intepretations of the Bible, one thing is very clue. God loves everyone. This includes, gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. And we have no say in who is going to hell or not.

Crazymanw00t, you are now on my ignore list, just so you know. And on top of that, I don't think you have any business posting in this particular forum.

Ok that is your opinion and thank you for ignoring me.

God love everyone and hate sinners.

One more thing why did you removed the "and hate your enemy?"

Matthew 5:43 (New American Standard Bible)
43" You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.

This is the checkmate to cental34

Thank you for you to jump conclusion without re-check your sources.

After Matthew 5:43

44 "But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

47 "If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

No that is far from checkmate, and I refuse to debate you because you are stubborn, and in the beattitudes we are told "blessed are the peacemakers."

You just contradicted yourself. If "God loves everyone and hates the sinner," then you are contradicting yourself because we are all sinners, therefore going by your logic, God hates everyone. God hates the SIN, not the SINNER. These are 2 seperate ideas, yet you confuse them as one. We are born into sin. There is a difference between being a homosexual and practicing homosexuality. I've heard even the most extreme fundamentalist even admit this.

I did not omit "Hate your enemies," because I am not referring to that verse. I am referring to Matthew 22: 36-40

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

This is a request for you, Crazy. You find me all those verses in the Bible that speak out against homosexuality. The only relative verses I can even find that might support such ideas are Leviticus 18 and I Corinthians 6:9, and these verses are very much debatable.

bluegecko474 said:
LAID OFF!!! This is for GLB forum and if you don't like it, don't read or post any message!! You better stop hurt them. I am not gay but I have lots respect to them. They are not afraid of you and they will talk back to you!
This may be the gay section of this forum, but as far as I can see, we are all welcome and have the right to submit our ideas on the issue regardless of our sexual preference.

Oh, and respect is a 2-way street.

cental34 said:
Jesus was quoted stating "Love your neighbor as yourself" is the greatest Commandment.
Actually the greatest commandment is “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:34-40; Mark 12:28-34; Luke 10:25-29

cental34 said:
In conclusion, throughout all the intepretations of the Bible, one thing is very clue. God loves everyone. This includes, gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. And we have no say in who is going to hell or not.
This is true. God does love the sinner, not necessarily the sin. And yes, “judge not, lest ye be judged”.

Liza said:
Sorry, guys, but I think Crazywootman is entitled to his beliefs. Is there room for all to agree to disagree without resorting to insults or loud/repetitive answers?
AMEN! PREACH IT, SISTA!

Cheri said:
If Blacks have rights in marrying whites, then Homosexuals should have that same rights too.
You are comparing apples and oranges.

kuifje75 said:
I may be gay, but I'm not going to get angry at people just because they do not believe in gay and lesbian issues. I wouldn't want people to get angry at me just because I don't believe in the same issues as they do. Whatever happened to debating without labelling their beliefs as "hatred" or whatever. I don't think it is appropriate to hate people who hate you. It's energy draining, and let them hate you, but I'd rather just live my life without hating anyone.
And again I say AMEN!

ella said:
as long as you're a good person then you earn your place in heaven
NO ONE earns their way into heaven. We are saved through grace, and grace alone.

cental34 said:
This is a request for you, Crazy. You find me all those verses in the Bible that speak out against homosexuality. The only relative verses I can even find that might support such ideas are Leviticus 18 and I Corinthians 6:9, and these verses are very much debatable.

Leviticus 18:22
Leviticus 20:13
Romans 1:18-26
1 Corinthians 6:9

God love you as a human beings. But he despite you to practice the sinful lifestyle therefore you are sinner because you sinned aganist God. Therefore God love everyone and he hate sinners.

Crazymanw00t said:
Therefore God love everyone and he hate sinners.

That doesn't make no sense. We the people are all sinners, Nobody in this entire world is perfect, I'm postive sure you have sinned from time to time, Are you saying God hate you just because you sinned? No; He hates the sins not you. Becareful what you preach. :thumb:

Crazymanw00t said:
God love you as a human beings. But he despite you to practice the sinful lifestyle therefore you are sinner because you sinned aganist God. Therefore God love everyone and he hate sinners.

Think about what you're saying. If God hates the sinner then God hates everyone, because we are all sinners. You're contradicting yourself. You are correct, he hates our sinful nature and our acts of sin., not us, the sinners. The sinner and the sin are to separate things. Sin is the act, which God hates. Sinner is the person commiting sin because it is in his nature.

This is my last posts on this thread concerning this subject. Its gone far too off topic. There is reason why I am against allowing political and religious discussion on message boards. Because people are too passionate about it and it brings up too many negative feelings.

Cheri said:
That doesn't make no sense. We the people are all sinners, Nobody in this entire world is perfect, I'm postive sure you have sinned from time to time, Are you saying God hate you just because you sinned? No; He hates the sins not you. Becareful what you preach. :thumb:

Right on, Cheri! God loves sinners, yet BUT he hates sins, period. Jesus did sat down with sinners.

Crazymanw00t said:

Think about what you're saying. If God hates the sinner then God hates everyone, because we are all sinners. You're contradicting yourself. You are correct, he hates our sinful nature and our acts of sin., not us, the sinners. The sinner and the sin are to separate things. Sin is the act, which God hates. Sinner is the person commiting sin because it is in his nature.

And Eve, thank you for clarifying about grace. Because we are sinners does not necessarily mean we are condemned.

This is my last posts on this thread concerning this subject. Its gone far too off topic. There is reason why I am against allowing political and religious discussion on message boards. Because people are too passionate about it and it brings up too many negative feelings.

Edit: if a mod sees this, will you please delete my double post?

Last edited by a moderator:
cental34 said:
Think about what you're saying. If God hates the sinner then God hates everyone, because we are all sinners. You're contradicting yourself. You are correct, he hates our sinful nature and our acts of sin., not us, the sinners. The sinner and the sin are to separate things. Sin is the act, which God hates. Sinner is the person commiting sin because it is in his nature..

^ Now that makes a whole lot of sense. You are really correct there dude. :thumb:

IceTeaRulz said:
Right on, Cheri! God loves sinners, yet BUT he hates sins, period. Jesus did sat down with sinners.

^ 5 Right on IceTeaRulz

Therefore you are suggesting us to have sex with all neigbhors? It don't make any sense. Love is friendship not the relationship with marriage or in the bed time.
No I am not suggesting to have sex with neighbors. I know the difference between the love of a friendship and being sexually attracted to someone. But the greater love of being sexually attracted to someone starts out as friendship. You just never know
I understand that you refuse to debate with me because you already know the truth but you refuses to accpet the truth. Sad...
What do you think I'm doing right now? What truth? Yes, God hates sin....but
Therefore you can love same sex but you don't have to have sex with them. God already forbids homosexual and it is very clear from the Bible. You decide to deny the truth therefore you are labeling me as interpretation the Bible. It is very sad for you to do like that.
No, it's not clear. There is DEBATE in even conservative circles about the interpreation of those verses! It's not a truth like "God hates sin" or killing is a sin or child molestation is a sin or whatever.......

Crazy, I wonder are you even aware that Jesus hung out and ate with tax collectors and sinners? He didn't reject them like you do to gays.

cental34 said:
I don't know about you or anyone but that's one of reasons why I didn't bother to engage anyone into any political or religious discussion lately. I've said my pieces in those topics and then erased those topics off from my memory. It'll save my time that way.

Everyone, I think you waste your time on Crazy. Just save your breath and your time for something else. Trust me, it's not worth your time at all. If he wants to live in his own world then let him be.

Cheri said:

That is what I am saying. Maybe I use wrong English structure but I was speaking same thing what you are saying. So how can we say it in English way? If you think I am excusing my mistake and I am not find the excusing with my mistakes. If you think I am excusing then I withdraw the sinner instead to the proper english sentence.

Yeah, but how do you know 100% that it's a sin? It doesn't hurt anyone, the way that murder, theivery, cheating on someone etc hurts someone!

God doesn't care how little or how big your sin is...

After anyone sin, they are going to hell...

The only way to save yourself.... is repent, pray, and ask God for forgiveness, and be save... it is like a marriage, a commitment to God
that you're will remain pure and clean from all sin.

And the Pope, he successfully stay pure and clean from all sin.
And just like Jesus, he successfully stay pure and clean from all sin,
the Devil was trying to tempt him.

If the Devil tell you, "commit sin and you're get the thing you want."
You fell for it, you committed sin... and it hurts God.

But since you're get the thing you want, selling your soul to the devil,
and then suddenly the Devil want your soul now... you're be in bad car
accident and die and you won't be able to go to heaven.

And anyway, you will be on Earth for 70 years or more, and would
you give up being in Heaven eternity (forever)??? Or would you
be greedy and say I want love, marriage, rich money, and everything now and commit sin and then go to hell eternity (forever)???

For example...
My mom was building a new house, and she has to sell her old house before deadline. The house was finished building up, but she can't find a buyer
for the old house... then there was a black girl and she said she wanted
my mom to pay 30% and she'll pay the rest later.

And my mom was desparate... but then she said no. That is like giving
the house away to the black girl for free.
And so my mom told the constuctors to sell the house and she'll look
for another new house and continue searching for buyer to buy her old house.
And luckily,, she bought a new house that needed a little repair...
and the buyer bought her old house.... it was a good deal.

So God was testing her...

For another example, I needed a lawyer...
and this lawyer wanted me to pay $2500 just so he can write an appeal.

I was desparate... and I didn't have $2500... And I was trying to
find a way to get that $2500, but I don't know... maybe rob a bank or something...

But I didn't...

I just told that lawyer to forget about it.

And I pray to God to help me find a good lawyer...
and I finally find a good lawyer... and he said I can pay him $1200...
and I told him that I don't have $1200... and he said he will let me
pay every month $200.... and I smiled, okay... and
wow, I got the best deal, he said getting an "appeal" is a ripoff.
And he told me there is another way to help me....
yay!!! :applause:

So my point is.... don't sin, and always pray, and God will
give ya something better and bless you something better.
Even if you have a lousy marriage with 1st husband or had many
bad relationship with guys, always ask God for nice man...
and when God gives you a nice man, he won't be perfect guy for you but
loving him and him loving you, it will be worth it.

Back