California approves gay marriage

C'mon now.. the Kinsey scale only allows for one single number (out of 6) to NOT be homosexual.. That's kind of unfair. A guy being attracted to another guy's facial or physical features isnt NECESSARILY an indication that he is gay at ANY level - he may simply be in admiration of certain characteristics. During the time that Alfred Kinsey did his research, human psychology was NOT modernized, and there were no standards for alot of things, including large-scale interviews. In fact, a very large portion of Kinsey's subjects were prison inmates or male prostitutes. His statistics are disputed every which way to Sunday! Kinsey's research really isnt worth anything. What Kinsey did was bring awareness to the subject.

As for God making people homosexual (or bisexual ) - God makes people who worship satan - he makes people who kill babies, commit mass genocide, enslave entire countries, rape little girls (and boys).. the list goes on and on. The point here is that one of God's gifts is Choice. Free will. Just because alot of people are one way doesnt make it not a sin :)

Teresh said:
The evidence (Kinsey's papers, etc.) clearly shows that the vast majority of people are bisexual to some degree or another, even those who live 'straight' lives. While you could say the vast majority of people are sinners, that detail is irrelevant, as I have my doubts that God would specifically make so many people bisexual (learning towards heterosexual or homosexual) or homosexual if being such was inherently sinful.

Moreover, I'd like to point out that the Bible in its original languages at no point actually states that homosexuality is a sin, that belief comes entirely from homophobic priests.

As for God making people homosexual (or bisexual ) - God makes people who worship satan - he makes people who kill babies, commit mass genocide, enslave entire countries, rape little girls (and boys).. the list goes on and on. The point here is that one of God's gifts is Choice. Free will. Just because alot of people are one way doesnt make it not a sin
Yes, but there's a HUGE,HUGE difference between rape, slavery, mass genocide. satan worship (which BTW is a HUGE HUGE MYTH) and two people making love (key word here...LOVE) to each other. Love is the VERY essense of God.....Yes, God's orgional plan didn't include same sex couplings, but so what? If we all were breeders, then the population would explode.
Two same sex people making love ensures that there will never ever be a way that those two people can get pregnant through making love!

They're disputed by Christian fundamentalists who don't listen to reason anyway. Normal people accept it as legitimate because we see the world in color.

Just because you only see in black and white does not mean that you're right. Heck, seeing in color is more interesting. Just because God made you an fundamentalist Christian and in being so you do not think for yourself doesn't mean God gave you any right to force your beliefs on other people.

Yeah well, it isn't fun to be a lesbian...

Look at Ellen Degeneres, she is almost 50 and she has
a brother, probably some nephews and nieces...
she isn't making much money as Martha Stewart and Oprah do.
She has no children and never married
and got an off and on relationship with girlfriend.
And keep trying to seek acceptance as a gay person.

Basically she is alone. So who wanna be a lesbian anyway?

Even Hurricane Katrina destroyed her hometown New Orleans...
And she screwed up Emmy Award as a host.

God is trying to tell her something.

Last edited:
fw001 said:
Yeah I'm sure you'd spot a priest who molests children right away, Jazzy! You the detective, man! You go, boy! :sure:

And just because they're no longer a media frenzy subject, doesnt mean "they are gone". If anything, they've become alot more careful.

[/QUOTE

Catholic Church here in US put zero tolerance policy on those men who want to become priests. They no longer allow to touch children. Bad ones are gone. Dunno about the rest of world. I hope they get rid of them also.

Teresh said:
They're disputed by Christian fundamentalists who don't listen to reason anyway. Normal people accept it as legitimate because we see the world in color.

Just because you only see in black and white does not mean that you're right. Heck, seeing in color is more interesting. Just because God made you an fundamentalist Christian and in being so you do not think for yourself doesn't mean God gave you any right to force your beliefs on other people.
God bless you and your wonderful post. I agree with you 150%.

deafdyke, I must applause you for your persistence :)

Well, you've changed the subject - the subject was whether or not being gay was a sin, not over whether its an effective means of population control.

BTW, whats a myth about satan worshipping?

deafdyke said:
Yes, but there's a HUGE,HUGE difference between rape, slavery, mass genocide. satan worship (which BTW is a HUGE HUGE MYTH) and two people making love (key word here...LOVE) to each other. Love is the VERY essense of God.....Yes, God's orgional plan didn't include same sex couplings, but so what? If we all were breeders, then the population would explode.
Two same sex people making love ensures that there will never ever be a way that those two people can get pregnant through making love!

I wouldn't be too sure about that - I think they have just fallen out of media's interest - it's old news now. So unless a priest molests some big name family's son or daughter, it probably wont show up again. The news is focusing on the hurricane catastrophe, and continued on terrorism. It might come back into the spotlight after the Iraq war is over (if it ever is).

Priests who molest children and are still members of parishes are probably in "hiding" right now - meaning, they've backed off their habits for fear of being caught. It wont last though. But the question is, when it happens again, will the victims report it?

jazzy said:
fw001 said:
Yeah I'm sure you'd spot a priest who molests children right away, Jazzy! You the detective, man! You go, boy! :sure:

And just because they're no longer a media frenzy subject, doesnt mean "they are gone". If anything, they've become alot more careful.

[/QUOTE

Catholic Church here in US put zero tolerance policy on those men who want to become priests. They no longer allow to touch children. Bad ones are gone. Dunno about the rest of world. I hope they get rid of them also.

Well, you've changed the subject - the subject was whether or not being gay was a sin, not over whether its an effective means of population control.
I'm just hypothesizing about a possible reason for God including homosexuality in His master plan.......Everything works out in the end...and everything is interconnected.
BTW, whats a myth about satan worshipping
That it even EXISTS!

Don't be naive. Just because you dont know anyone who does, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. It is a very well-documented religion, but the people involved do NOT tell anyone about it, unless they feel the other person is open-minded enough to comprehend without trying to destroy them socially.

deafdyke said:
I'm just hypothesizing about a possible reason for God including homosexuality in His master plan.......Everything works out in the end...and everything is interconnected.

That it even EXISTS!

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Yeah well, it isn't fun to be a lesbian...

Look at Ellen Degeneres, she is almost 50 and she has
a brother, probably some nephews and nieces...
she isn't making much money as Martha Stewart and Oprah do.
She has no children and never married
and got an off and on relationship with girlfriend.
And keep trying to seek acceptance as a gay person.

Basically she is alone. So who wanna be a lesbian anyway?

Even Hurricane Katrina destroyed her hometown New Orleans...
And she screwed up Emmy Award as a host.

God is trying to tell her something.

Just because one LGBT person doesn't have the same social status as one hetero person doesn't mean anything.

I'm a lesbian who is a normal lower-middle-classer and Martha Stewart is straight and rich. There are rich gay people too just like there are rich straight people. What's your point?

fw001 said:
Don't be naive. Just because you dont know anyone who does, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. It is a very well-documented religion, but the people involved do NOT tell anyone about it, unless they feel the other person is open-minded enough to comprehend without trying to destroy them socially.

Satanism exists, yes, but Christian fundies have trouble understanding that every religion other than Christianity is not in fact Satanism. Legitimate Satanism is actually extremely rare.

Would you claim that Wicca, Thelema, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Shinto, Jainism, Sikhism, Judaism or Islam are Satanism?

Who, me?

Teresh said:
Just because one LGBT person doesn't have the same social status as one hetero person doesn't mean anything.

I'm a lesbian who is a normal lower-middle-classer and Martha Stewart is straight and rich. There are rich gay people too just like there are rich straight people. What's your point?

Satanism exists, yes, but Christian fundies have trouble understanding that every religion other than Christianity is not in fact Satanism. Legitimate Satanism is actually extremely rare.

Would you claim that Wicca, Thelema, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Shinto, Jainism, Sikhism, Judaism or Islam are Satanism?

Back