Bullies in school -- outlaw them or send them to jail.

All I say is defend yourself.

I never went to K-12 school but did occassionally run into the neighbor bully.

One time he picked on me for having "four ears" and I just clobbered him.

End of story. :)

All I say is defend yourself.

I never went to K-12 school but did occassionally run into the neighbor bully.

One time he picked on me for having "four ears" and I just clobbered him.

End of story. :)

:lol: good on you! :)

I don't think bullies should go to jail, it's generally the parent's responsibility for their kid. Sometimes parents raise them in a wrong way and they become hell of the school district.
Which would you rather have happen...

Bullies going to jail because they beat up other people?

OR

Little kids being arrested because they misbehave in class?

Which would you rather have happen...

Bullies going to jail because they beat up other people?

OR

Little kids being arrested because they misbehave in class?

Well, bullies can be from elementary, middle school or high school so depends where the bullies come from. If they are from elementary, it's a serious issue and the prinicipal would have a talk with the parents or a guardian.

I don't think little kids should be arrested because they didn't behave good in class, they just get a denition time or a time out thing.

Well, bullies can be from elementary, middle school or high school so depends where the bullies come from. If they are from elementary, it's a serious issue and the prinicipal would have a talk with the parents or a guardian.

I don't think little kids should be arrested because they didn't behave good in class, they just get a denition time or a time out thing.
Well, that's the issue...

Little kids are being arrested because they misbehaved.

Little kids are being suspended because they played "cops & robbers" making gun gestures with their hands.

Teachers are being suspended immediately because a kid accused that teacher of doing something wrong.

Students are being suspended or sent to detention because they hugged each other for more than 2 seconds.

Seriously, what's the problem here... hugging each other for more than 2 seconds is nothing... running around with your fingers sticking out like guns is nothing... misbehaving is nothing... all of that is stupid. Yet, kids are getting bloody noses, bruises, ganged up on, stalked, chased, etc... and all the principal does is shrug his shoulders.

I don't think bullies should go to jail, it's generally the parent's responsibility for their kid. Sometimes parents raise them in a wrong way and they become hell of the school district.

Yes I second that.

Send bullies to jail doesn't solve anything but worst. The bullies need the help.

Yes, due lack of parental discipline to expose the children into bully to others because they don't know it's not okay to make fun of others.

yeah in elementary school I used to be beaten up and tortured and blah by a idiot friend but it didn't continue that long probably til summer of 1991 after one incident he poured milk chocolate over my white jacket then after that was it.. he was taken out of summer school after what he did to me... cuz he had gave me much trouble.. after he was gone i was at peace but not for long other 2 friends wud put a tack on chair and I almost sat down and screamed.. good enough the vice principal came into the room and told the boys don't do that again.. that was in 7th grade.. blah 8th grade was pure hell but after I became a freshman in h.s i knew people wud mock me cuz my mom is a interpeter tho but after those years I realized I'm better off being on my own since I don't have really good friends who wud believe in me tho :)

Well, I was one of the victims too, and I had the misfortune to attend a P-12 school.

I was bullied a lot throughout elementary and high school. You know what? Discipline enforced by the teachers sucked big time as the bullying didn't end until they graduated.

I remember couple of guys, at different time, would trip me over for no reason or throw a sandwich in my face.

But I have to admit that verbal bullying was the worst because they do leave a scar or two which remains to this day.

Heck, I remember I was a friend with this large, strong girl who was physically assaulted by a bully ( the one who threw that sandwich) and I was a witness to the incident. The principal asked me to write a witness statement. You know what happened? They didn't call in the police or expelled this unpleasant character. As far as I can recall is I think they merely gave him a suspension or a week worth of lunchtime detentions.

Needless to say 11th and 12th grade in Australia, and one year in Canada, were the best years I've ever had because it was bully-free.

I am a firm believer of Zero Tolerance policy as authentic mentioned.

The irony is this school now enforce an zero tolerance policy.

PS: If I had children, I'd sign them up for lessons in every martial arts under the sun.

Well, I was one of the victims too, and I had the misfortune to attend a P-12 school.

I was bullied a lot throughout elementary and high school. You know what? Discipline enforced by the teachers sucked big time as the bullying didn't end until they graduated.

I remember couple of guys, at different time, would trip me over for no reason or throw a sandwich in my face.

But I have to admit that verbal bullying was the worst because they do leave a scar or two which remains to this day.

Heck, I remember I was a friend with this large, strong girl who was physically assaulted by a bully ( the one who threw that sandwich) and I was a witness to the incident. The principal asked me to write a witness statement. You know what happened? They didn't call in the police or expelled this unpleasant character. As far as I can recall is I think they merely gave him a suspension or a week worth of lunchtime detentions.

Needless to say 11th and 12th grade in Australia, and one year in Canada, were the best years I've ever had because it was bully-free.

I am a firm believer of Zero Tolerance policy as authentic mentioned.

The irony is this school now enforce an zero tolerance policy.

PS: If I had children, I'd sign them up for lessons in every martial arts under the sun.
Yes, they enforce zero tolerance policies on stupid things... hugging for more than 2 seconds, running around playing cops-&-robbers with finger-gun gestures, etc...

Yes, they enforce zero tolerance policies on stupid things... hugging for more than 2 seconds, running around playing cops-&-robbers with finger-gun gestures, etc...

Agreed those violations are for stupid reasons, while physical bullies are conveniently overlooked.

The verbal bullies never bothered me, as I was usually smarter and had a better vocabulary. As I said before, that got my arm twisted and punched more, but I always considered it was worth it, because even their bully cohorts laughed at my return quips. Freedom of speech is a huge freedom to me, so "sticks 'n' stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is sound advice to kids and grownups.

Here in Albany, the public schools can't ban gang colors (duh! Let's ban all red or blue clothing) so they banned crosses of the kind Catholics wear, because lots of Latino gang members wore them. Didn't matter if the kid was clean-cut, on the honor roll, and had no gang affiliation.

So now kids are wearing the ancient fish symbol as the early Christians did to identify each other and their secret places to celebrate communion. Talk about history repeating itself.

Agreed those violations are for stupid reasons, while physical bullies are conveniently overlooked.

The verbal bullies never bothered me, as I was usually smarter and had a better vocabulary. As I said before, that got my arm twisted and punched more, but I always considered it was worth it, because even their bully cohorts laughed at my return quips. Freedom of speech is a huge freedom to me, so "sticks 'n' stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is sound advice to kids and grownups.

Here in Albany, the public schools can't ban gang colors (duh! Let's ban all red or blue clothing) so they banned crosses of the kind Catholics wear, because lots of Latino gang members wore them. Didn't matter if the kid was clean-cut, on the honor roll, and had no gang affiliation.

So now kids are wearing the ancient fish symbol as the early Christians did to identify each other and their secret places to celebrate communion. Talk about history repeating itself.

Wow! My parents would have thrown a fit if my school had asked me to remove the crucifix I wore from the time of my 1st communion on!

Yeah, that's the other problem.

Just recently, a little boy was banned from school because of his haircut.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Tyne | School bans boy, 3, over haircut

Seriously, they have that much time on their hands to go after these stupid small things when they could have made better use of that time to go after those that really need it?

Nowadays, people are using innocent things as signs of evil. If this keeps up, nothing will be considered innocent and we will all be in uniform. :roll:

Yeah, that's the other problem.

Just recently, a little boy was banned from school because of his haircut.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Tyne | School bans boy, 3, over haircut

Seriously, they have that much time on their hands to go after these stupid small things when they could have made better use of that time to go after those that really need it?

Nowadays, people are using innocent things as signs of evil. If this keeps up, nothing will be considered innocent and we will all be in uniform. :roll:

I was in uniform back in high school. :) Yes, they need to focus on students' behaviors more than clothes, hairstyles.

everything is too strict? I felt bad for the kids cant have their choice of hairstyles and having to wear same uniform every day.

I agree they need to watch on the behavior instead of worrying about small things like haircuts etc. guess they have nothing to do but ban everything?

I personally like the haircut - looks cool. Maybe to protest these tragedies anyone with short hair should get a tramline haircut. hehe.

I agree they need to quit worrying about the tramlines in a 3 year olds hair, and focus on the overall safety of the school from physical bullies as well as terrorists. This is quite ridiculous.

I personally like the haircut - looks cool. Maybe to protest these tragedies anyone with short hair should get a tramline haircut. hehe.

I agree they need to quit worrying about the tramlines in a 3 year olds hair, and focus on the overall safety of the school from physical bullies as well as terrorists. This is quite ridiculous.
Exactly!

I can imagine at an elementary school...

Kid: *walks up to principal* "I need help! That kid..." *pointing at bully* "He beat me up." *shows principal bloody nose*

Principal: "Not now. I'm busy. I'm trying to deal with a 5-year-old boy who got a haircut that I don't like."

Kid: "But... but..."

Principal: "Leave me alone. Go back to your class room."

Kid: *starts crying* "But, it hurts... my nose."

Principal: "Ma'am (referring to his secretary), call this boy's mom. He's misbehaving and won't return to the classroom."

*days later*

(newspaper headlines) 5-YEAR-OLD KID SUSPENDED FOR BAD HAIRCUT: Principal commended for swift action.

*in the school bathroom*

Bully: *beats up same boy again* "Hahaha... no one will help you! Bwahaha!" *beats up little boy more*

It's so distressing to see the students being punished for trivial matters and others not being penalized for serious wrong-doings. No justice there.

I just remember this: About 5 boys shaved their heads and the principal was very upset with those boys. The only reason I can think of is that the girls would go up to one of the guy to scratch his head. Probably the principal didn't like all the attention the boys was getting from the girls.

I just remember this: About 5 boys shaved their heads and the principal was very upset with those boys. The only reason I can think of is that the girls would go up to one of the guy to scratch his head. Probably the principal didn't like all the attention the boys was getting from the girls.

Really..some administrators need to stop worrying about things like that and worry about education and safety. If the boys were getting attention, no biggie, right?

i can see if girls will shave their hairs off to honor their classmate who have leukemia so the girl wont be left out and be supported. the girls who did this are banned from school due to shaved hairs? What happen to Honor, Respect, and support?

I am afraid this will happen. :(

Back